How to view DLC characters in Nekropolis

Matt Wilson

It's kind of a ghetto way of doing it, but for those of you who've complained that these characters didn't have a nekro-bio...well, there you go. And you're welcome. This also works on Klassic Kostume model viewing too!

It's kind of a ghetto way of doing it, but for those of you who've complained that these characters didn't have a nekro-bio...well, there you go. And you're welcome. This also works on Klassic Kostume model viewing too!

Nice..Nice. I already do this and it's pretty cool lol. I just wish they were actually IN Nekropolis so I could see stats and all that Jazz.

Naw, they're too lazy to spend the resources necessary for the graphics department to add it on there and then patch it through DLC or something blah blah blah. Always something. This is the next best way.

Naw, they're too lazy to spend the resources necessary for the graphics department to add it on there and then patch it through DLC or something blah blah blah. Always something. This is the next best way.

I swear, their laziness will be their downfall. Not supporting what fans want is rediculous. Why didn't Cyber Sub get an alt? Why weren't all the characters on-disc instead of DLC? Klassic skins should already be on there, we should get more stages, fatalities, brutalities, friendships, and new x-rays. It's not too much to ask for, either.

Why weren't all the characters on-disc instead of DLC?

Because they weren't finished until after release. 27/28 characters was enough for launch. Would you really liked the game to have been delayed another month or two, just so four more characters could be added from the get-go?

It's not too much to ask for, either.

No, but delivering it is a whole other deal. I'm really not bothered that the DLC don't have alt costumes. They may make them after they release all 4.

Is pretty odd that they didn't give them an altar in the Nekropolis though.

From what Ive read Skarlet wasn't even on disc, but was leaked developers DLC that someone got ahold of.

Last edited:
I swear, their laziness will be their downfall. Not supporting what fans want is rediculous. Why didn't Cyber Sub get an alt? Why weren't all the characters on-disc instead of DLC? Klassic skins should already be on there, we should get more stages, fatalities, brutalities, friendships, and new x-rays. It's not too much to ask for, either.

Yeah, because when I play MK9, my first thought is always "holy shit, these developers are lazy" :stupid:

dont care about them having a slot in nekropolis, its fine to access them this way

Its the lack of alt cotumes that piss me off

It's just, to me, they KNEW they were doing DLC, and seemingly don't care in adding the little details that the other characters have, and then charge us 5 bucks. 5 bucks aint a big deal at all, it's just WHY didnt we get alt costumes? WHY didn't they add them to Nekropolis? The codings all there for the nekropolis, so...why not?

Because it's so much more difficult than that. Sure, you can put coding in to track statistics (which they didn't do) or throw up a model viewer with a profile, but the problem is when they designed the Nekropolis, they designed as such that everything you see in there is going to STAY in there, period. To add Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, etc, they'd have to keep re-designing (literally) the Nekropolis everytime they released a new character, it's just not going to happen. It's not as simple as just adding details to a level or design that's already there, you have to do it all over again. I know damn well they aren't going to waste their time doing that.

Besides, it'd keep requiring a patch and memory to DL, and albeit it would probably take only a few mgb to do, people's storage space is such that they can't just throw it in there because they forgot too or because people want them too. Hence forth why the compatibility packs are the way they are --- optional, and not mandatory. If someone didn't have the space, they couldn't DL it, and although most of us probably do, unfortunatly they have to cater to those who dont...people with old systems and no memory.

Because it's so much more difficult than that. Sure, you can put coding in to track statistics (which they didn't do) or throw up a model viewer with a profile, but the problem is when they designed the Nekropolis, they designed as such that everything you see in there is going to STAY in there, period. To add Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, etc, they'd have to keep re-designing (literally) the Nekropolis everytime they released a new character, it's just not going to happen. It's not as simple as just adding details to a level or design that's already there, you have to do it all over again. I know damn well they aren't going to waste their time doing that.

Besides, it'd keep requiring a patch and memory to DL, and albeit it would probably take only a few mgb to do, people's storage space is such that they can't just throw it in there because they forgot too or because people want them too. Hence forth why the compatibility packs are the way they are --- optional, and not mandatory. If someone didn't have the space, they couldn't DL it, and although most of us probably do, unfortunatly they have to cater to those who dont...people with old systems and no memory.

I thought they would have thrown them into the same altar as Kratos. I think they'll probably release the alt costumes at a later date. Weird that they showed us Skarlet's alt, probably a mistake if this was their plan from the beginning.

No you missed my point. They knew they were gonna do Kenshi/Skarlet etc. so it should have been done as is + blank Nekro spots for others, just like the char select, and I find it absolutely ridiculous they didnt't do this.

And frankly, as mean as it may sound, I personally don't care about other people's storage space. External drives are dirt cheeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppp nowadays, and if its something I WANT (aka MK DLC) I'll make damn sure there's room. Just because some people are too damn lazy to do soemthing, everyone has to suffer it seems.

> all of my wat

Regarding the fatalities, Every character has an x-ray..... I don't understand... Besides we got babalities. And every character has 3 fatalities [err... 2 1/2]
Stages don't REALLY matter much in a 2-D fighter besides something pretty to look at...

damn lots of laziness going on
i just went on the starcraft 2 forums and people say blizzard is lazy
i go on the bungie forums and people say that bungie is lazy AND greedy
:p

> all of my wat

Regarding the fatalities, Every character has an x-ray..... I don't understand... Besides we got babalities. And every character has 3 fatalities [err... 2 1/2]
Stages don't REALLY matter much in a 2-D fighter besides something pretty to look at...

Lol, I'm just trollin' /b/ro. I honestly just want DLC characters to have an alt. and a few more finishers. People seem to want to much out of MK9 but I don't think the alts would be hard to do.

People wonder why I complain bout the DLC not having alts so here's a challenge for everyone who wonders why I complain:

From this point on, ANY char you pick, you can ONLY pick their default. Seriously try it.

As soon as you've switched costumes you've lost.

And then you'll understand.

People wonder why I complain bout the DLC not having alts so here's a challenge for everyone who wonders why I complain:

From this point on, ANY char you pick, you can ONLY pick their default. Seriously try it. As soon as you've switched costumes you've lost.
I'll play except for Sonya. No way in hell am I picking that god awful boob-smuggling vest with pants that might as well not be there... It's like her strategy is to spread her legs as wide as possible to distract the opponent...