How long before new MKX info is released?

C-Sword

Rain will probably be one of the next reveals, I had a strong feeling that he was going to be in this ever since Boon stated that he wasn't going to be released as DLC, cause he would be part of the original roster instead.

Lord Greyjoy

Rain will probably be one of the next reveals, I had a strong feeling that he was going to be in this ever since Boon stated that he wasn't going to be released as DLC, cause he would be part of the original roster instead.

...or just because releasing him as DLC again is stupid for several reasons. Just saying.

Commander

...or just because releasing him as DLC again is stupid for several reasons. Just saying.

This.
Ed Boon didn't even care to have him on the main roster in MK9, and it wasn't until the fans harassed Ed about Rain that they finally decided to put him in, as DLC.
That doesn't sound like a character that Ed Boon wants on the main roster.

Commander

Rain was the only MK9 character that the fans harassed Ed to have as DLC in MK9, which actually made it as DLC.
Cyber Smoke, Fujin, Tanya and Reiko were among the others that Ed Boon polled on Twitter, IIRC, which never made it in.

- Skarlet was NRS' "test the waters" / MKII glitch character.
- Kenshi is Boon's 2nd favorite character, which Ed has made abundantly clear on numerous occasions.
- Freddy was the popular guest / movie character, which you have to be living under a rock not to know who the hell he is, and the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie had just been released in 2010.

Guyver Spawn

It seems like the February issue will have a huge section on Mortal Kombat X on February 15th according to the MKO forums. I hope they will reveal something. I'm hoping for Reptile since I want to see his new design.

Bruzzrad

Rain was the only MK9 character that the fans harassed Ed to have as DLC in MK9, which actually made it as DLC.
Cyber Smoke, Fujin, Tanya and Reiko were among the others that Ed Boon polled on Twitter, IIRC, which never made it in.

- Skarlet was NRS' "test the waters" / MKII glitch character.
- Kenshi is Boon's 2nd favorite character, which Ed has made abundantly clear on numerous occasions.
- Freddy was the popular guest / movie character, which you have to be living under a rock not to know who the hell he is, and the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie had just been released in 2010.

Do we have a tally on how many people harassed him about Tremor?

Cryo

I do hope Rain returns, main roster or DLC I don't care... he's my second favourite character.

NathanCorsini

I really love Rain too, his powers are the best. He and Ermac are my favorite ninjas. But i highly doubt he will come back. Too bad, he never appeared as a character in a main roster.

theincubuslord

I really love Rain too, his powers are the best. He and Ermac are my favorite ninjas. But i highly doubt he will come back. Too bad, he never appeared as a character in a main roster.

Yeah, really disappointed... but y'know, if a character isn't popular enough, it'll disappear into oblivion.

Miles X

9 weeks today till MKX release, so much left to be revealed.

Surely something is coming soon? They said february will be busy but so far all we've had is the different retail editions revealed.

Ninja_arts

So,

The lack of an artbook was kind of jarring considering last MK had a small one. However, the art direction for this one looks incredible. I got in touch with one of the Sr. Artists on the team, Solomon Gaitan. Here's the email I got back:

Hey XXX,

Thanks for the compliments on the art. However, it is beyond the power of the character team, that's more of a company heads call to make an artbook. I'll make sure to bring it up with the heads, because just as much as the community wants one, we the character artists would love an artbook as well.

I'd tweet Ed Boon's twitter up with that idea, and that probably will get stuff rolling, and hit up our facebook page as well with the need and want for an artbook. If you guys make enough noise, the studio listens.

Solomon

PS thanks for being an MK Fan

It seems like the art team wants one just as much as us, so I urge all you guys to reach out to the NRS facebook and ask for an MKX artbook!!

NXNDJ

Really looking forward to as we get closer, this page damn near blew up as people got early access and we all worked together to try and work things out (Fatalitie's, hidden finishers, etc.) so really looking forward to the madness :)

Miles X

They keep saying loads more streams but they're doing them at the rate of 1 per fortnight on a thursday, that means just another 3 before launch ....

Think we should start getting them weekly!!