Trilogy

I was wondering this. I mean they put in easter eggs like:
-the screamer in the krypt
-cyrax being in the wastelands
-"meat" in the Cathedral background on the table
-Khameleon and "Chameleon" in the background of storymode
-Skarlet chained up and in story mode
-Kenshi and Reiko's name being mentioned by Shang Tsung in story mode
-Cyber-SubZero having character info on characters not in the game (story mode)
-Getting a toasty booster
-Some stages have Classic music if selected with the start button
-even Noob Saibots moves being shadow itterations of classic subzero moves

**They had the secret character fights
**They had the 4 secret chests in the krypt
**You can do babalities on the boss characters

........is there anything else, or do you think we we've seen all there is to see?? I remember someone who had hacked the game mentioning that there are 10 secrets in the krypt on the disc, but i've only actually seen the 4

and do you think that it is possible for NRS to add secrets to the game with DLC and patches, without us knowing it??

Wait, where the hell was Chameleon?

that's why i use quotes around "Chameleon". In the background a few times you'll see a female ninja in grey, which many assume to be Khameleon, but she is with a male ninja, also in grey, which some choose to believe is Chameleon, while others say it is klassic smoke (unlikely because he is with subzero, and even his klassic in this game is mk2) or some random ninja

Generic or non cryo-mancer Lin Kuei ninjas are often seen in gray.

Vlcsnap-2010-04-24-16h55m26s96.png

Oniro__the_Lin_Kuei_master_by_TheLinKueiNinja.jpg

The_Lin_Kuei_masters_by_TheLinKueiNinja.jpg

I just figured it was a generic ninja. Aren't there a few of them running around in this game? And then it was used as klassic Smoke's skin. Definitely not Chameleon. As for the chick... Now that's a possibility. Wasn't that the only appearance in the game for her skin?

How do you babality the bosses? Doesn't the match end when you land the final punch?

You have to meet a certain set of requirements throughout the ladder to be able to activate the boss babalities ...

The difficulty must be Medium or higher. You must perform a babality on every character up the ladder, without continuing (I think it's ok to lose a round). Perform a babality on Shang Tsung and, when you beat Goro/Kintaro, he will automatically babality himself. Beat Shao Kahn and ,following Goro's/Kintaro's babality being succesfull, he will automatically babality himself as well.

That's taken from memory so hopefully someone can confirm that's all you need to know .

You have to meet a certain set of requirements throughout the ladder to be able to activate the boss babalities ...

The difficulty must be Medium or higher. You must perform a babality on every character up the ladder, without continuing (I think it's ok to lose a round). Perform a babality on Shang Tsung and, when you beat Goro/Kintaro, he will automatically babality himself. Beat Shao Kahn and ,following Goro's/Kintaro's babality being succesfull, he will automatically babality himself as well.

That's taken from memory so hopefully someone can confirm that's all you need to know .

You are correct I thought it could only be done on Expert but I never tried it on Medium

hi - is there a list of all this stuff and how to do it?

I know the answer is yes, but a link to a simple page would be cool, not trawling through 100 pages of a thread.

I didn't know the babality one.

also, I think no one managed to get the toasty thing. in the code there was a SUNOB YTSAOT but I think what you had to do back in the day doesn't work in the new mk. if someone knows what to do when toasty comes up, let us know, I'm quite curious for this one :p

I just figured it was a generic ninja. Aren't there a few of them running around in this game? And then it was used as klassic Smoke's skin. Definitely not Chameleon. As for the chick... Now that's a possibility. Wasn't that the only appearance in the game for her skin?

I agree with you on this all the way.

Also, when I play as Kitana in the Koliseum, Tanya takes her place as the lady being chained up. Tonight, I wanna see what will happen if I play as Skarlet in the Koliseum stage. Will it be empty, another character chained up, or will she have a clone? Can't wait and see. :)

I agree with you on this all the way.

Also, when I play as Kitana in the Koliseum, Tanya takes her place as the lady being chained up. Tonight, I wanna see what will happen if I play as Skarlet in the Koliseum stage. Will it be empty, another character chained up, or will she have a clone? Can't wait and see. :)

If you're playing as Skarlet against Kahn in the Koliseum then nobody replaces her in the background.

and do you think that it is possible for NRS to add secrets to the game with DLC and patches, without us knowing it??

^I'd be happy if they did.

Would love to see them add some animals (possibly Kahn's pet) eat you when you fall in the pit.

Would also love to see Kahn drop his hammer on the chick after he wins knocking her back to that huge beast in the background. Then the crowd could go crazy.

Last edited:
When you fight against Kahn as Skarlet then nobody takes her place.

Thanks for spoiling it. Just kidding. lol ;-)

Thanks for letting me know actually. Now if that's the case, I hope that Tanya will become DLC since she is the only character chained up in the Koliseum which isn't playable in MK9 so far. I hope that's a hint right there that they will make Tanya playable.

Thanks for spoiling it. Just kidding. lol ;-)

Thanks for letting me know actually. Now if that's the case, I hope that Tanya will become DLC since she is the only character chained up in the Koliseum which isn't playable in MK9 so far. I hope that's a hint right there that they will make Tanya playable.

Well, going by that logic, would it be safe to assume that the characters such as frost seen in the background of the pit stage will be later DLC (assuming that there will be more than the 4 already announced)

also, I think no one managed to get the toasty thing. in the code there was a SUNOB YTSAOT but I think what you had to do back in the day doesn't work in the new mk. if someone knows what to do when toasty comes up, let us know, I'm quite curious for this one :p

I'm not sure how it worked in the old MK's but I'm sure you have to either just hit your opponent or uppercut them when you get toasty, apparently it gives you free meter.

I haven't been able to do this myself, nor have I seen it done but someone was talking about it in a youtube video I saw, I'll have a look for it and post it up.