Goro's Variations Discussion Thread

I meant just overall speed. ALL her attacks are slower then the average character. Even a simple punch is VERY slow with Sheeva. It's almost impossible to jump into kombos with her unless you know the timing just right.

If you mained Sheeva like I did then you would probably notice all the little things that are wrong with her.
Not only are her attacks slow, but there nerfed to hell.

Like her lower grab move. That shit is almost useless. The other player has to be holding "down" in order for it to work. It doesn't even matter if the other player is in the "lower grab range"...If they aren't holding down, then it won't land. The perfect example is with Sub-Zero and his ice slide move. Sheeva can't use her lower grab to counter it, even though he's in the lower grab range! It's all because the Sub-Zero player isn't holding "down". And that's some serious BULLSHIT. It ruins the entire move, because people are never holding down while they're in the air, and that's the best time to use the lower grab. (sorry if that didn't make any sense, Sheeva mains will feel my pain)

So yeah, i'm hoping Goro doesn't turn out all slow and nerfed. He doesn't need to feel like a playable sub boss. He should feel like a playable Goro....If that makes any sense haha

Oh, ok.

I didn't main Sheeva but I did try giving her a 2nd chance in MK9, and I do know what you mean with her slow move start ups.

I don't think Goro will be slow in MKX, or at least I hope that he has movement speed comparable to Torr.
As far as nerfing and buffing goes, I'm really hoping that the 3 variations thing in MKX cuts down on a lot of that shit.

NRS purposely made Sheeva bad in MK9. This is coming from somebody who mained her for a while.
They added these stupid taunts at the end of her most useful strings, really limiting her combo potential.

They like Goro though. So I imagine they wont screw him over like they did her.

NRS purposely made Sheeva bad in MK9. This is coming from somebody who mained her for a while.
They added these stupid taunts at the end of her most useful strings, really limiting her combo potential.

Then why did the AI literally lay down for Sheeva? I would do a throw followed by a teleport stomp, and the AI would just lay there while I spammed the teleport stomp. Cheap ass flawless victory...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I would've agreed with this but I've seen people use 20+ hit combos with her in the freaking challenge tower... not that I could do that but I'm just saying.

Anyway I have a feeling Goro will be slow but not MK9 slow...

She may have some good combos, but I don't think she has any 20+ combos.

This is probably some of the best combos she has. And most of them can't be used in an actual match, because they're just too slow.

And I have faith that Goro won't be too slow. They're trying to convince casual players to pre-order the game for him. I could see him being one of the best characters in the game.

Last edited:
Outside of the corner she can't do anything.
I found some sick low grab corner cancels, but her high damage can't make up for her lack of speed.

She may have some good combos, but I don't think she has any 20+ combos.

This is probably some of the best combos she has. And most of them can't be used in an actual match, because they're just too slow.

And I have faith that Goro won't be too slow. They're trying to convince casual players to pre-order the game for him. I could see him being one of the best characters in the game.

Ok maybe not 20+ hit combos lol, a slight exaggeration.

Outside of the corner she can't do anything.
I found some sick low grab corner cancels, but her high damage can't make up for her lack of speed.
I disagree.

On Tapatalk, when I preview a thread it gives me few words from the last post, and when I saw your comment about B2, I thought you meant Wanda.

Lulzies :rofl:

No GORO SHOULD NOT MK1 badass...people will main him and beat you with his cheap ass and tell you they are a MKX God and he's not broken at all....like the Cyrax players.

"This is where you fall down"

Is Sheeva the only non-boss character that can grab and throw boss characters or can everyone grab and throw boss characters?

Draconic is a lineage within the Shokan race.

Goro is of Draconic lineage, Kintaro is of Tigrar.