Goro and Release date revealed.

Why don't you think Bo Rai cho fit?

The idea of this legendary teacher being an obese, drunk, inappropriate goof ball is just... Not very MK-like. He pukes and farts as a way of fighting off his opponents. Really? He would work better as a joke character, but they went as far as making him a big deal in the MK lore. It's insane. It doesn't work.

The idea of this legendary teacher being an obese, drunk, inappropriate goof ball is just... Not very MK-like. He pukes and farts as a way of fighting off his opponents. Really? He would work better as a joke character, but they went as far as making him a big deal in the MK lore. It's insane. It doesn't work.
The story says otherwise.

Who would have won the MK1 tournament if Bo Rai Cho hadn't trained Liu Kang?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

He doesn't even puke in any of the story he's in.
The only time he puked in the story was in the MK:A intro....
And that intro was full of stuff that was retconned.

He uses WAYYY more then just "farts and puke" to fight his opponents.
But you refuse to look past it.

Oh, and i find it hilarious that you shoved the idea of a K/Chameleon revemp down everybody's throats when that subject came up.
But for some reason, Bo' Rai Cho can't have a revamp. Because YOU don't like him.

He doesn't even puke in any of the story he's in.
The only time he puked in the story was in the MK:A intro....
And that intro was full of stuff that was retconned.

He uses WAYYY more then just "farts and puke" to fight his opponents.
But you refuse to look past it.

Oh, and i find it hilarious that you shoved the idea of a K/Chameleon revemp down everybody's throats when that subject came up.
But for some reason, Bo' Rai Cho can't have a revamp. Because YOU don't like him.

Lucky for you, I'm in an arguing mood. So I'll bite.

Bo' Rai Cho - An established character within the MK lore who was given an essential role within the story. That which makes him memorable was his ability to puke and fart as a way of fighting. Mind you, the man who trained some of the greats is actually farting on people. I can't be alone in seeing the problem with that.

Oh yeah, he also has some generic attacks and other forgettable abilities. Of course.

The reason I support a K/Chameleon revamp is due to the fact that he/she is NOT an established character. They started off the same way as characters like Reptile, Smoke, Jade... But never reached the point of being made into unique characters with any real pull in the story. There is so much to work with there.

Can Bo' Rai Cho be made into a worthy character? Probably. But the current representation of him doesn't belong in the MK lore.

Bo' Rai Cho - An established character within the MK lore who was given an essential role within the story. That which makes him memorable was his ability to puke and fart as a way of fighting. Mind you, the man who trained some of the greats is actually farting on people. I can't be alone in seeing the problem with that.

And when in the story mode was Bo' Rai Cho farting on people?

Was he farting all over Shujinko?
Was he farting all over Liu Kang?
Was he farting in ANY of the easter eggs or cameos he had in MK9?
NO

But you're not alone when it comes to not liking the farting.
I don't really care for it....But i'm able to look past it.

Oh yeah, he also has some generic attacks and other forgettable abilities. Of course.

Generic attacks?
How is stumbling around, using you're drunken state of mind to your advantage "generic" ?
The dude's sloppy drunk, but it only makes him stronger.

The reason I support a K/Chameleon revamp is due to the fact that he/she is NOT an established character. They started off the same way as characters like Reptile, Smoke, Jade... But never reached the point of being made into unique characters with any real pull in the story. There is so much to work with there.

Can Bo' Rai Cho be made into a worthy character? Probably. But the current representation of him doesn't belong in the MK lore.

Hypocritical much?

So just because Bo' Rai Cho has more story, that means he can't have a revamp?
His current representation doesn't belong in MK?
But C/Khameleon's does?

No.
Neither characters with their current representations should be in MKX.
That's what a revamp is for.

Last edited:
I understand your reason for not wanting him in, but I think he deserves to be in the game. hopefully re-imagined though cause i too am not a fan of the toilet humor. look at the direction the story is going in. It would be great to see how he reacts to the death of his pupal.

And when in the story mode was Bo' Rai Cho farting on people?

Was he farting all over Shujinko?
Was he farting all over Liu Kang?
Was he farting in ANY of the easter eggs or cameos he had in MK9?
NO

But you're not alone when it comes to not liking the farting.
I don't really care for it....But i'm able to look past it.

No. No. And no. Not that I know of. But he sure as hell did a whole lot of it during gameplay. It was annoying and completely out of place. He's even been on several worst MK Character lists for that reason. He's obnoxious. Not many people liked/like him. You may be able to look passed it, but I can't seem to do so when I go in to attack and I'm met with a giant fart or a waterfall of vomit.

Generic attacks?
How is stumbling around, using you're drunken state of mind to your advantage "generic" ?
The dude's sloppy drunk, but it only makes him stronger.

Drunken state of mind to his advantage... Nope. He just swayed back and forth a bit. Had no effect on gameplay or anything. And by generic, I meant 'punch punch, kick kick' Nothing memorable about him other than the puke, the vomit and the fact that he's always drunk. No one (other than hardcore fans) know him as this great powerful teacher. Lets be real.

Hypocritical much?

So just because Bo' Rai Cho has more story, that means he can't have a revamp?
His current representation doesn't belong in MK?
But C/Khameleon's does?

No.
Neither characters with their current representations should be in MKX.
That's what a revamp is for.

C/Khameleon = Never developed into their own unique individual characters.

Bo' Rai Cho = A reoccurring character that has been molded and established into what he is. Revamping him makes as much sense as revamping Scorpion. It can be done, sure... But why?

But he sure as hell did a whole lot of it during gameplay. It was annoying and completely out of place. He's even been on several worst MK Character lists for that reason. He's obnoxious. Not many people liked/like him. You may be able to look passed it, but I can't seem to do so when I go in to attack and I'm met with a giant fart or a waterfall of vomit.

You sound like those people who cry about having to fight freddy kruger in the acrade ladder.
Just fight the match and move on.

The farting was so hated on that in a new game like MKX, Bo' Rai Cho would more then likely drop the fart jokes completely.
But you don't care right? You're to focused on what happened in a game made ten years ago.

Drunken state of mind to his advantage... Nope. He just swayed back and forth a bit. Had no effect on gameplay or anything.

...How huge of an effect did the Puke move make?
Barley any...IT WAS ONE MOVE!

And yes, he does use his drunken state of mind as an advantage.
Whether or not it made a difference in gameplay doesn't matter.
Deceptions gameplay was terrible anyway. They couldn't pull it off back then.
It could easily be done now.

C/Khameleon = Never developed into their own unique individual characters.

Bo' Rai Cho = A reoccurring character that has been molded and established into what he is. Revamping him makes as much sense as revamping Scorpion. It can be done, sure... But why?

And you just proved my point.
You only want YOUR favorites to have a revamp.

""Bo' Rai Cho = A reoccurring character that has been molded and established into what he is.""

Bo' Rai Cho's role as a teacher and trainer have NOTHING to do with puking and farting!!!
He's been molded and established into a teacher. And that's what he would be in MKX.
He would teach the warriors to fight, not to fart.

There is no reason Bo' Rai Cho should be left out of a revamp just because "he had a bigger role"
It's not like his story would change, he would just puke less and stay away from toilet humor.
If K/Chameleon could get a revamp and completely ditch his/her copy moves, then why can't Bo' Rai Cho ditch a couple of his stupid joke moves?

Last edited:
He fits because he contributed significantly to deciding the outcome of a Mortal Kombat tournament.

His STORY fits.
His lame moveset and gameplay felt extremely out of place.

As long as they remove the farting and puking toilet humor, I'd give Bo Rai Cho another chance.
If NRS can make me like Kenshi, then a Bo Rai Cho revamp may not be too bad.

No. You're not getting it at all. This is over. There's no point in arguing with you.

No, I get it.
You think Bo' Rai Cho's toilet humor somehow earned him the title of "only character who doesn't fit"
Even though he fit PERFECTLY into his MK9 cameos.

Then you said K/Chameleon could have a revamp that changes basically everything about them.
But Bo' Rai Cho isn't allowed to have a revamp that would drop his toilet humor...

Damn, I never knew a simple request to Revamp a character could cause all of this.

It's dumb because because there's no legit reason why "X" character deserves to be re-imagined over character "Y". Having ANY character revamped to begin with should be a plus in everyone's eyes, but I guess people are beyond picky nowadays.

Revamping a character like Bo' Rai Cho is cheap. It's like "Oh we did a terrible job with this character, so lets just scrap it and start over."

It's stupid.

Now, do I want Bo' Rai Cho involved with the story? Yes. At this point there's no fighting the fact that he plays a very specific and necessary role. But as a character he still sucks and doesn't fit in well with the rest of the MK universe.

Bringing up K/Chameleon is pointless. They are characters that never went anywhere. Ed Boon and friends didn't feel the need to move them beyond copy cat generic ninjas, despite their potential. They hardly exist within the storyline and were never given a fair chance. That is why I feel they are more worthy of a revamp. And not just them, either.

Again, I'm open to a Bo Rai' Cho revamp... But as far as that character is concerned, he's better off staying in the background far away from the playable roster of combatants. They tried bringing him up front, they failed. At this point they can either accept the loss or strip him of the stupid sh** that made him memorable in the first place and just hope people don't call them out on it.