Giving props to the MK9 team.

[sek]

We've all posted things we may not like or wish were done better in the new game, but I think it should not be forgotten that by and large NRS hit a home run with this game. We diehards may not have wanted to admit it, but the MK series was in dire straits for a long time. As much as I personally liked MK vs DC as a game, seeing MK characters in a T rated game was like seeing an actor you really like starring in a direct to video movie because they needed the money. Hell, after Midway died who knew if we'd even see a MK game again.

Of course, we did. And a good one at that. Yeah, there's some things that we may not all have liked or agreed on, but I think it's pretty difficult to say that MK isn't a damn good game period. For me, nothing has been sweeter than seeing the gaming press (which for the most part always looked down their noses at MK) going full blown OMGWTFBBQ~! over how awesome this game is. Welcome to the club fellas, there's always room for more fans on the MK train.

This is the MK game any fan has always wanted. I myself even said some time ago (a bit b4 MKA was released I think), that Boon & Company don't know how make a proper fighting game that can be judged on its gameplay.

I've always lauded MK's storyline and impressive amount of kontent (Konquest mode was such a huge timesink for me). But I really didn't think the team had it in them until I played MK9 a few days ago.

NRS, you have my apologies. Open mouth, insert foot.

This MK game is awesome, obviously it isn't perfect cause their still are minor things that could be done to "perfect" the game..

I love the new MK, but now that the glitter dust has settled and the hype machine has been turned off the game itself can be analyzed from a neutral point of view. I find that despite the fact that there is definitely more content than a game like MvC 3, there just doesn't seem to be that mystical feeling when playing that there is something new around the corner just waiting to be discovered. It feels like there is a huge lack of actual secrets in the game, the krypt offers little to add to the overall game, the prize for the challenge tower is blah, and there are some pretty glaring gameplay tweaks that need to be applied to tighten everything up. Not to mention the huge disappointment that the returning alternate -alities were the ignorant and anti-climactic Babalities after Boon promised that this game would be a darker and more serious successor the other MK's. I still appreciate the product NRS has delivered but I just feel that there really isn't much to it other than a decent story and a pretty solid fighting engine that needs a few patches to perfect it.

the new mk is way better then mk vs dc that game i burned and stomped on but since this is the real mk that we were expecting from mk vs dc so its a huge step for them with the new technologhy they really made it up for mk vs dc

I have been a MK fan since the MK arcade days and this title does NOT disappoint me in the slightest.....Great job guys!!

I love the new MK, but now that the glitter dust has settled and the hype machine has been turned off the game itself can be analyzed from a neutral point of view. I find that despite the fact that there is definitely more content than a game like MvC 3, there just doesn't seem to be that mystical feeling when playing that there is something new around the corner just waiting to be discovered. It feels like there is a huge lack of actual secrets in the game, the krypt offers little to add to the overall game, the prize for the challenge tower is blah, and there are some pretty glaring gameplay tweaks that need to be applied to tighten everything up. Not to mention the huge disappointment that the returning alternate -alities were the ignorant and anti-climactic Babalities after Boon promised that this game would be a darker and more serious successor the other MK's. I still appreciate the product NRS has delivered but I just feel that there really isn't much to it other than a decent story and a pretty solid fighting engine that needs a few patches to perfect it.

i dont agree, i have been playing MK since the beggining and this MK9 is a masterpiece, its everything I could have dreamed of, great job NRS keep up the great work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just give us the custom soundtrack option and It will be perfect

The game is really great IMO vetter than SSF4 let's see where it goes next... I've got faith that there will be alot more to come via DLC... sure they need to fix a few minor glitches but I cannot wait to see what comes out in the future I hope they deliver a full on expansion pack That adds alot more to this already feature rich title. There is still quite a bit more they can do with whats already there without really making anything new apart from menu options aand stats

I have been a huge MK fan since the beginning and before I played this MK I considered MK2 to be the best and my personal favorite MK game of all time but now I think the new MK has dethroned it and that huge considering how many MK's have come out since 1993 when MK2 was released. NRS did everything right and I have dreamed of this game for years like a lot of you have. This is like when Michael Jordan won 3 championships (MK1, MK2, MK3/Ultimate) and left the game on top then the Bulls were good but not as good (MK4) then got worse (MKDA, MKD, MKA). Jordan makes his return halfway in the season kind of rusty but showing signs of greatness (MKvsDC) then wins another championship and is back on top (MK9 2011). Jordan and the Bulls continue to win 2 more Championships in a row for his 2nd 3 peat. Following this pattern the games next two installments or add-ons could only get better :)

i have to agree, bc nrs has hit home run on this one. it brings back the old style mk when i was younger. the game doesnt have the sweep, uppercut cheese lol. the game is definetly a dream come true comparing it the last decade of mk games. most of them were great, but we all know that this game belongs in a 2d world. its just one of those games that always fit very well genre fighthings, and some games cant to it right. there are some recongizable thing that are in the that have made it just a little more, but who knows what the future of dlc will bring. nrs u have made a solid game, and mks fan game with a rebirth of the game. also very good twist on story played out very well.