Future of MK

Xenon

I try my best to leave discussion there to a minimal for that reason alone. It's just annoying that that's what the fanbase on those forums has become ever since the end of Injustice 2 / beginning of MK11.
Wow, people are still waiting for an MKX KP3? :ROFLMAO:
Same. I only dump some of my MK artwork, reply to some comments in the thread, and fuck off. Arguing there is the same thing as arguing with a brick wall.

Yes. As I said, "lost souls".... I think I've even seen someone demanding a patch for MK9 due to the recent Xbox BC release.

Commander

Just FYI. you should look at the sites for best buy and target often, they will update when they are getting a new shipment coming in. The most recent was in December. Sold out fast, of course, but, at least you can try to get one.
For the last year I've been trying that, the Restockify alerts, BrickSeek website, signing up diretly with Sony to buy a PS5 and even following that Warrio64 dude on Twitter......Still no luck.
That's why I've almost given up and I'm just asking my work friend to help me out.
Same. I only dump some of my MK artwork, reply to some comments in the thread, and fuck off. Arguing there is the same thing as arguing with a brick wall.

Yes. As I said, "lost souls".... I think I've even seen someone demanding a patch for MK9 due to the recent Xbox BC release.
Yep. Most of the time I'll just pop my head in and check to see if there's anything that's actually news worthy and then head out.

I also don't see NRS doing that for a 10 year old game, either.
In fact I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they were like "MK9 being BC on Series X|S was for the 30th year anniversary. Hope you enjoy it. Lulz"

Hulydooly

Damn this place is really dead at the moment, is this a new record?

I just got an email saying that Amulet of Shinnok replica I pre-ordered has been delayed to the 14th of March. I don't mind waiting, but I am a little disappointed I have to wait longer to see it.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Yeah I got that email too.

They greenlit the sequel to the live action MK movie. Script is gonna be written by the guy doing Moon Knight. I'm down

Xenon

JC x Cole is probably going to be one of the most cringe moments put on film.

On the other hand, considering the first movie was the Annihilation of this trilogy, this one might actually be the 1995 movie.

Misucra

Damn this place is really dead at the moment, is this a new record?

I just got an email saying that Amulet of Shinnok replica I pre-ordered has been delayed to the 14th of March. I don't mind waiting, but I am a little disappointed I have to wait longer to see it.
You're in the Thread called "Future of MK" and you're surprised that it is dead?

Xenon

lrog2y4wk9e81.jpg

Focus on the right screen. He has deleted the tweet.

Guyver Spawn

I still think we won't get MK12 until 2025 considering that they like to do a 5-year gap when doing a new MK title on the next gen consoles (not counting MKvsDC). I will be surprised that we get Mk12 next and not IJ3.

lariat

lrog2y4wk9e81.jpg

Focus on the right screen. He has deleted the tweet.
Come on... that so called sensitive email is a troll if I've ever seen one. "fans eagerly scrape the Internet for any trace. Take extra care with this material" Looool gtfo. Might as well been a email from Harada saying ''Don't ask me for shit!" lol

Last edited:

Xenon

Come on... that so called sensitive email is troll if I've ever seen one. "fans eagerly scrape the Internet for any trace. Take extra care with this material" Looool gtfo. Might as well been a email from Harada saying ''Don't ask me for shit!" lol

B-but MK12 Masturbation, Reptile, ED BOON.....

Commander

Come on... that so called sensitive email is troll if I've ever seen one. "fans eagerly scrape the Internet for any trace. Take extra care with this material" Looool gtfo. Might as well been a email from Harada saying ''Don't ask me for shit!" lol
This.
The fact that people don't take shit with a grain of salt anymore after all of the shit with the trolling from Boon and lack of communication (in general) for stuff in MK11, just baffles me.
Remember when everyone biult up in their own heads that "SOMETHING HAS TO BE REVEALED AT THE VGAS?"
Then the VGAs came and went with nothing.

That email on the top right might as well be a middle finger to the people who are on the MK reddit and take everything as gospel.:ROFLMAO:

Xenon

This.
The fact that people don't take shit with a grain of salt anymore after all of the shit with the trolling from Boon and lack of communication (in general) for stuff in MK11, just baffles me.
Remember when everyone biult up in their own heads that "SOMETHING HAS TO BE REVEALED AT THE VGAS?"
Then the VGAs came and went with nothing.

That email on the top right might as well be a middle finger to the people who are on the MK reddit and take everything as gospel.:ROFLMAO:
You're crushing Little Timmy's dreams of getting MK12 next week. What are clickbait YouTubers going to make videos about now?

Commander

Sorry, Little Timmy, but I guess I've become a bit more skeptical of "leaks" as the years go by. :LOL:
I think the only thing that I feel more confident about when it comes to game rumors / leaks are data mines, and even those are like 75%~80% accurate.

lariat

You're crushing Little Timmy's dreams of getting MK12 next week. What are clickbait YouTubers going to make videos about now?
Don't worry about little Timmy. He'll be to busy playing the reptile Dlc skin in fortnite. My uncle sisters brothers nephew who works at NRS told me so!

Xenon

Sorry, Little Timmy, but I guess I've become a bit more skeptical of "leaks" as the years go by. :LOL:
I think the only thing that I feel more confident about when it comes to game rumors / leaks are data mines, and even those are like 75%~80% accurate.
Queue the infamous "FIVE ROSTER SPACES DATAMINED!!! THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT A PERFECT RECTANGLE!!!" 🤣
Don't worry about little Timmy. He'll be to busy playing the reptile Dlc skin in fortnite. My uncle sisters brothers nephew who works at NRS told me so!
Speaking of which.... didn't NRS want MK in Forknife.... or was that Doom....

mathygreen

Here is the thing. MK11 way of storytelling and closure is the definition of "Eh. Too lazy to finish. So this guy dies here, this one becomes that and everyone lives happily ever after. Done! F%ck this shit.

You can tell the same story infinite times. What matters is who tells the story. Mortal Kombat has enough lore foundations to rival that of Game Of Thrones.

We have different realms with different cultures. Some realms have multiple tribes/kingdoms. Ancient history and artifacts. The base foundations for politics as well. Everything is set, just need a decent writer and they need a proper time window.

And no. Enough with this cinematic shit. It doesn't work for games. You watch a 2h game movie with pretty explosions and face animations, but after that you have nothing to explore. There is a reason, people don't even discuss MK11 story mode.

It sucked, was rushed and thanks to reset, none of that shit matters anymore anyway. Similar thing was with MKX. We watched the movie, talked for a bit about it, and that's it. Yet, the game has an insane amount of lore!

Having said all that. Here is the future of MK. I know a lot of people think. Oh MK12 will be coming soon!" No. It won't. They finished the trilogy. They run out of juice. Yeah I know, you might say "But it is too big to stop.

Well the dev team is made of humans, not machines. NRS has been in endless cycle of MK/Injustice/MK/Injustice and MK again. MK11 didn't even leave any sequel bait. MK9 we had Shinnok at the end. MKX we had evil Raiden ending which went nowhere, but MK11 ended with Liu Kang and Kitana holding hands. And that's it.

There was no menace remaining. One Being was forgotten and there was no mention of it. Not to mention Liu Kang and Kitana are the time keepers now, so there is no one to force the balance. According to Ed Boon Shao Kahn, Shinnok, One Being, Onaga all of them, were at the fingertips of Kronika. So if Kitana and Liu Kang are in her position now, that means those events won't repeat again.

Reliable Permit Solutions, LLC

Misucra

Here is the thing. MK11 way of storytelling and closure is the definition of "Eh. Too lazy to finish. So this guy dies here, this one becomes that and everyone lives happily ever after. Done! F%ck this shit.

You can tell the same story infinite times. What matters is who tells the story. Mortal Kombat has enough lore foundations to rival that of Game Of Thrones.

We have different realms with different cultures. Some realms have multiple tribes/kingdoms. Ancient history and artifacts. The base foundations for politics as well. Everything is set, just need a decent writer and they need a proper time window.

And no. Enough with this cinematic shit. It doesn't work for games. You watch a 2h game movie with pretty explosions and face animations, but after that you have nothing to explore. There is a reason, people don't even discuss MK11 story mode.

It sucked, was rushed and thanks to reset, none of that shit matters anymore anyway. Similar thing was with MKX. We watched the movie, talked for a bit about it, and that's it. Yet, the game has an insane amount of lore!

Having said all that. Here is the future of MK. I know a lot of people think. Oh MK12 will be coming soon!" No. It won't. They finished the trilogy. They run out of juice. Yeah I know, you might say "But it is too big to stop.

Well the dev team is made of humans, not machines. NRS has been in endless cycle of MK/Injustice/MK/Injustice and MK again. MK11 didn't even leave any sequel bait. MK9 we had Shinnok at the end. MKX we had evil Raiden ending which went nowhere, but MK11 ended with Liu Kang and Kitana holding hands. And that's it.

There was no menace remaining. One Being was forgotten and there was no mention of it. Not to mention Liu Kang and Kitana are the time keepers now, so there is no one to force the balance. According to Ed Boon Shao Kahn, Shinnok, One Being, Onaga all of them, were at the fingertips of Kronika. So if Kitana and Liu Kang are in her position now, that means those events won't repeat again.

Reliable Permit Solutions, LLC
Sooo... why my message is being reposted?

Is this a bot? Cause that link looks fishy af.

Commander

Queue the infamous "FIVE ROSTER SPACES DATAMINED!!! THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT A PERFECT RECTANGLE!!!" 🤣

Ah, yeah, almost forgot about that.
I mean, yeah, at 1 time I had hoped that those 5 roster slots would be characters, but people really kept pushing that "HAVE TO MAKE IT A PERFECT RECTANGLE!!!" narrative on the 2 MK reddits for quite a while. Lol

The whole thing with Rain being the last face that they captured prior to the pandemic and the fact that they didn't re-open the motion capture studios until January of last year really was the proverbial nail in the coffin for me that they were done with MK11 and onto the next game.