Future of MK

Commander

Oh gods, I remember that. That was so painful to watch. It wasn't even funny, just painful. Could have been shown instead lifting entire barrier and then being interrupted by Tarkatans. Hell they could have played this in such smart way too. They could have dropped a statue on the caravan and Ermac could stop it from falling, but he wouldn't be able to do anything else, due statue's sheer size taking all of his power to keep it from crashing on everyone and then Mileena could have used the opening to attack.

They don't know what to do with some of these characters anymore, old or new (sadly), when it comes to the lore:

Ferra / Torr - awesome character(s) in concept, design and gameplay.... Hardly any story stuff for them.
Dark Raiden - Exists outside of time itself, but somehow Kronika manages to get rid of him.
Kotal Kahn - was a cool character during the time of MKX, but in MK11 he gets the shit beat out of him by Shao Kahn, then beheaded by Shao on the ship..... gets defeated in his own reveal trailer.
Noob Saibot - has a couple of minor parts in the MK11 story, but otherwise insignificant.
Liu Kang - the story in MK11 revolves around him once again (surprise, surprise), and since him being top warrior and champion of all of MK isn't good enough, now he's the keeper of all time.

Commander

Yeah, agreed.
At this point, though, it's just sad the lengths that people will go to try to convince themselves that something will happen.
Sounds like some people are just in denial that KP3 isn't ever gonna happen.
I mean, when you name every single character that's been playable from MK9 through MK11, yeah, some of those are bound to be playable for MK12, maybe in like 3 or 4 years down the road.

Misucra

Oh damn. Now it is a girlfriend. Who's next? (no reference intended) My 90 years old Grandma works as QA in NRS?

P.S Though to be fair. I would believe that more, judging by "Quality assurance" in MK11.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Hopefully we get a peek of MK12 tomorrow. Lord Boon and Tobias are in LA right now. Hopefully they're there to show it off at the Game Awards

Xenon

Was Tobias there in the last MK announcements? I don't recall. Makes me think it could be some sort of a MK Trilogy/Classic/MK9 Demaster game.

Misucra

Hopefully we get a peek of MK12 tomorrow. Lord Boon and Tobias are in LA right now. Hopefully they're there to show it off at the Game Awards
I really doubt it will be MK12. If it is, then by the gods it will be rushed af.

More likely it will be a MK9 Demaster or Injustice 3. Hell it could be Injustice 3 AND MK9 Demaster. That one can be done with skeleton crew. Just cover up the females, remove damage models and slap 4k on it. Boom. Easy cash grab.

Commander

I don't mean this sarcastically, but why can't they also just port either the 360 or PS3 version over sans DLC and just call it a day?
At least for PS5 that would be the way to go since the Series X|S owners can play MK9 on their consoles, no?

I DO agree that if it's MK12 though that it'll probably be rushed, unless if what people are calling "MK12" just really ends up being MK11: After the Aftermath using MK11 assets or something like that, given that the latest supposed "leak" says that the VGA trailer for today will pick up from where the 2018 VGA trailer for MK11 left off.

Last edited:

Misucra

I will laugh my ass off, if it will be original Trilogy Remaster (with upscaled sprites). Tarkatan_Trash and 10 other people will be very happy.

Misucra

gkinu5qu3l481.jpg

Apparently the last sentence (from May our) every word's first letter spells out "Mortal Kombat is coming"

Misucra

Yep. Laughed my ass off. Absolutely nothing was shown. Yeaaaah. Just like I thought. Just rumors to increase viewership.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
crying-sobbing.gif

Commander

People only have themselves to blame if they take anything from 4chan seriously and then run with it.
Safest bet tends to be leaked online store pre-orders, leaked art or data mining.
If it’s not any of those 3 then people have to learn to take things with a grain of salt or they’re gonna keep getting their hopes up and keep getting upset when nothing comes of it.🤷🏻‍♂️

Xenon

This isn't over. Next week on Reddit: "Grandpa wrote Ed's check, retired, they're working on MKUltra!!!"

xXx_ILOVEMK11BUTDONTPLAYIT_xXx +369 points: "MK11 PART 2??? GET HYYYPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I never bought the whole MK11 is a base idea. If you're going to do a huge anthology game its not going to use the most ambitious game as the bedrock. Say whatever you want about MK11, it is chock full of content for characters. Massively detailed intros, outros, fatalities and costumes. There's no way they'd do that for an ADDITIONAL 30+ characters