Future of MK

CF7

Hm. What if they made that tag mode from MK2011 into the main mode of their next game?

Like a...MK vs DC 2, or a Midway vs Warner, or...a game with just the guest characters they had on their games vs...WWE Immortals?

=P

Misucra

They should really try to get someone who actually can write and / or is interested in writing the lore and expanding upon it. Not just someone who back-peddles on character origins and fucks things up left and right.
As much as @Tarkatan Trash and I usually don't see eye to eye on certain things, the lore did feel more fleshed out when Vogel and Tobias were writing...... Hell, and to some extent also Kittelsen too, from the comics to whenever he was let go at the beginning of MK11.
With Dominic writing, on the other-hand, the lore feels like it's going down the drain.

And that's sad, because if they (NRS) actually gave a shit about the lore these days we could have the best of both worlds with 3D era levels of lore being expanded upon and maybe an MKX type of gameplay with ggpo.
Instead they've traded away lore and don't give a shit to listen to the community input when it comes to certain things (gameplay-wise) that should be addressed. It's fucking radio silence for months and then "Oh, here's a small patch to fix Sheeva's stomp and that's the end of support. Now leave us alone."
The only way I would justify a reboot is if they strip down everything to basics and create strong Lore foundations.
Give me world maps of every major Realm: Earthrealm, Outworld, Orderrealm, Chaosrealm, Netherrealm, Vaeternus and Zaterra.
Give clear breakdown of factions, positions of powers and PROPER Fucking Power scaling.

Give me 3D fighting with asymmetrical stages, (if fighting takes place in the streets or village, then make me fight in those streets or inside buildings, not in arenas. Stage transitions, stage fatalities, stage interactable items.

Bring back battle damage, but instead of focusing on sexiness or cartoonish damage, just make characters bleed and if they lose their shirt, fine. Some skin won't kill us.

Make victory screen represent your character's health bar. Flawless victory should have the character standing in perfect victory pose, 50% overall HP lost = Character out of breathe, trying to hold his shit, less than 20% = character barely manages to keep standing, all bloody and beaten, but still victorious.

Character outfit customization. Allow me rebuild skins from all of MK games. Etc.

Dunno why I wrote this. This is never happening.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Damn, so they're working on a Marvel Fighter, a Marvel vs DC Fighter, Injustice 3, Mortal Kombat 12 AND a Warner Bros Smash clone?
Workaholics for sure

I'm pretty sure some people are still holding onto hope for MKX's Kombat Pack 3, so add that to the list too.

Misucra

Damn, so they're working on a Marvel Fighter, a Marvel vs DC Fighter, Injustice 3, Mortal Kombat 12 AND a Warner Bros Smash clone?
Workaholics for sure

I'm pretty sure some people are still holding onto hope for MKX's Kombat Pack 3, so add that to the list too.
Hey... guys. I know we have been abusing you with crunch, insane overtimes and overall shitty working conditions and we are sorry... ish. But you see... people like fighting games and MK11 has made us tons of money, so we were thinking. What if... we make multiple games at the same time? That means we get more money and you get more sense of pride and accomplishment! SO GET TO WORK BITCHES!

CF7

I laughed when that rumour appeared on eventhubs, then gamevicio posted this:

Have to say, not what I had in mind when I joked those ideas out, I was thinking "Matrix, Lethal Weapon" Warner. The timing seems...unfriendly to their competitors, the Nickelodeon one is new;

Speaking about the comment just above of mine, how many OG Midway guys (with knowledge of older, non-MK franchises) are still on Netherrealm? Wasn't there this news about crunch time being so harsh, that quite a few folks quit?

Xenon

It's not even crunch, afaik, but yes. A lot of senior NRS/Midway staff have left the building.

That game has nothing to do with NRS, apparently.

Commander

That's what MK12 is...A 70 dallor MK11 dlc pack. Get hype!
I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what ends up happening with MK12 at this point.:LOL:
I could see them being like:
"Here's your Nu MK Trilogy.... the "missing" ninjas and cyborgs that you were begging for, along with Takeda, Havik, Reiko and Sareena.
Stryker, Ferra / Torr and Kung Jin can get fucked over because people didn't 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' enough on social media for them.
That'll be $70 on PS5 and Series X/S. Thank you."

Misucra

Speaking about the comment just above of mine, how many OG Midway guys (with knowledge of older, non-MK franchises) are still on Netherrealm? Wasn't there this news about crunch time being so harsh, that quite a few folks quit?
From what I understood, it was the contractors getting their asses handed to them. OG members actually get special treatment (how much of that is true is beyond me). Labor wise it makes sense. Get fresh blood straight from University, promise them career opportunities if they do their job good and then squeeze them dry as contractors, until nothing is left. Once done, throw them and their broken dreams out. Rinse and repeat.

When I studied in Games Academy in Frankfurt, Crytek was running a similar system (thought it was to trick people in believing that paying 800 Euros per month for Games Academy was a good idea). They show you all of the cool stuff, create this illusion, that this is where you will end up after finishing Academy and give out their contact cards. No one from my class (as far as I know), ended up in Crytek. (To be fair could be lack of skill or interest, as that Academy didn't prepare you for shit.)

But yeah. I remember NRS said that they will do their investigation or something. After that, nothing was brought up again. I think they just silenced the people and that was it.

Nasty_Freak

This looks interesting I'll throw in some ideas here.

Two characters from each series can be official tag teams or 2 characters from different series can be official tag teams as well...

• Shaggy & Scooby (Scooby Doo)
  • Gandalf & Frodo (Lord of the Rings)
  • Tom & Jerry (Tom & Jerry)
  • Batman & Superman (Injustice)
  • Fred Flinstone (Flinstones) & Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
  • Mad Max (Mad Max) & Agent 47 (Hitman)
  • Harry Potter & Ron (Harry Potter)
  • Scorpion & Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Freddy Kreuger (Nightmare On Elm Street) & Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)
  • Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw) and Kyle Crane (Dying Light)
  • Darkseid (Injustice) & Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat) [Sub-Bosses. Unlockables]
  • Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs DCU.) [Final Boss. Unplayable.]

Last edited:

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what ends up happening with MK12 at this point.:LOL:
I could see them being like:
"Here's your Nu MK Trilogy.... the "missing" ninjas and cyborgs that you were begging for, along with Takeda, Havik, Reiko and Sareena.
Stryker, Ferra / Torr and Kung Jin can get fucked over because people didn't 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' enough on social media for them.
That'll be $70 on PS5 and Series X/S. Thank you."
I've seen a lot of outcry for Stryker to come back in the last few years. Completely blows my mind. Look at any "Worst MK characters" list and Stryker is on 100% of them, and is almost always in the top 5. I don't get why these new fans are pretending to want him so badly. The same happened with Sheeva, and look how badly they fucked that up

Kitty_55

Yeah, if Mortal Kombat 12 can be in the um.... Great Kung Lao era

q1g68.jpg

lariat

I've seen a lot of outcry for Stryker to come back in the last few years. Completely blows my mind. Look at any "Worst MK characters" list and Stryker is on 100% of them, and is almost always in the top 5. I don't get why these new fans are pretending to want him so badly. The same happened with Sheeva, and look how badly they fucked that up
I always laughed at all the people who hated on Stryker in MK3 -MK9 but lost their minds over Cassie Cage in MKX and MK11. If you stop and think about it she's basically a variation of Stryker's moveset with a shadow kick thrown in. There's literally zero reason for Stryker to exsist in MK's current universe because of her IMO . Even if by some chance NRS brought him back he just be a watered down version of Cassie Cage.

Last edited:

Commander

With Sheeva she at least had a cool MKX comic storyline that was fleshed out, so I could see how it may have felt nice to see her coming back for those in the fanbase that wanted her in. For me she was way better done than her MK9 counterpart, but I was just really happy as hell that we finally got Fujin.
I always laughed at all the people who hated on Stryker in MK3 -MK9 but lost their minds over Cassie Cage in MKX and MK11. If you stop and think about it she's basically a variation of Stryker's moveset with a shadow kick thrown in.
I always laughed at people who tried to inject realism into MK by shitting on Cassie in the events of MKX for having legit powers and defeating Shinnok, but yet they gave a pass to Stryker for defeating the opponents that he did in MK9 with a baton, gun and grenades because he falls under the "klassic" category.
There's literally zero reason for Stryker to exsist in MK's current universe because of her IMO . Even if by some chance NRS brought him back he just be a watered down version of Cassie Cage.
I agree and I don't see a reason for him to really come back now, either.
Everything that Stryker previously did Cassie has done and better (imo).
People just love shitting on her because she's the daughter of Sonya and Johnny and by now people have gotten fed up with descendant / related characters like her, Jacqui & Kung Jin... and now you throw in the mother / daughter Kronika & Cetrion relation in there too.
The only descendant that people seem to unanimously like (in general) is Takeda.