Future of MK

Commander

If that's the way you interpreted it, then whatever. Lol
I dislike a bunch of different stuff but it doesn't mean I take offense to it. 🤷‍♂️

Xenon

If that's the way you interpreted it, then whatever. Lol
I dislike a bunch of different stuff but it doesn't mean I take offense to it. 🤷‍♂️

x3pcwuhllfn71.jpg

This probably offends you as well ;)

Commander

I think the MK1, MKII, MK3, Deadly Alliance and Armageddon box arts were pretty sweet.
The UMK3 one with skeletons and skulls in the background was also really cool, imo.
Imo, the dragon logo by itself is pretty unmistakable. After nearly 30 years it's become pretty iconic in itself. 🤷‍♂️

Xenon

Yeah, MK2 is great as well. They've captured that "dark" atmosphere right.

The worst ones imo are from MKX/11. It's just two flat colours.... Looks like someone did line art and gave up half-way.

lariat

MK Trilogys dragon was pretty hype to me. I always loved the fire burning behind the spinning logo when the game was booting up.
1C406179-D4C0-436B-8F43-CA9083DF9122.jpeg

Last edited:

Misucra

Completely fake. The moment they start giving you a list of things, you can just put it in the fake section.

What these "leakers" keep forgetting is that, this kind of information is only accessible to the very TOP of the company. Not to your random dev, that tests or makes game assets. So unless it is an actual email or a data dump, then it is fake. Unless it is a some known leaker.

Also Nicholaidas... I swear I have seen that name before... wasn't he on this forum as well?

lariat

I’ve never heard of him before but it sounds like a lazy nrs/WB move to me. Obviously I’m skeptical as everyone else here but this reeks of everything that I don’t want in their next game. A 70 dallor base price DLC pack pretending to be a new game. It checks all the boxes. That alone makes me think there is some truth to this.

Last edited:

Xenon

Isn't it this thing?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/pxez0n
The original post (which got deleted) was even more hilarious. I'd say this is bullshit through and through, but then again this fits NRS modus operandi. We have NuMK, now we have NuArmageddon.

The best take from this is that if this turns out to be true, NDAs will be even more draconian than ever. 🤣

Last edited:

Misucra

I’ve never heard of him before but it sounds like a lazy nrs/WB move to me. Obviously I’m skeptical as everyone else here but this reeks of everything that I don’t want in their next game. A 70 dallor base price DLC pack pretending to be a new game. It checks all the boxes. That alone makes me think there is some truth to this.
I don't think you have noticed, but NRS has a problem that is a complete opposite. They aren't consistent. You're thinking EA/Activision/Ubisoft. They repackage same shit and then deliver it as a new game. NRS doesn't do that. They change EVERYTHING.
You got used to controls and mechanics of the previous title? Well, Fuck you. Here are new meters and other bullshit. You liked your characters having all of the moves? Fuck you again. Here is a variation system. Oh? You got used to that too? Good. Fuck you thrice. Here is a custom variation system, that took out most of the moves from the characters and made a game brain dead. What do you mean we changed inputs for special moves? Isn't that what all companies do? No? Well fuck you, I don't care. Get used to brand new shit, cause WE LOVE REINVENTING THE SAME DAMN WHEEL.

Nah, I can fully guarantee, that both that and the one Xenon posted are complete and utter horseshit. I can bet anything on that. I will give the ex-boyfriend one some points for creativity. Finally not some secret source or quality assurance employee giving out corporate secrets.

To get info like that, you need access to the tippie top. These motherfuckers are telling us how many stages there will be, how many DLC's, entire story. SURE BUDDY. And he got all of that info from where? Some buddies came over and they casually talked NDA matters at home? Discussed how many DLC's are planned and shit? Yeah. Next thing you know, they will be giving out release dates and plan reveal events while sitting on a couch and drinking hot chocolate. GTFO with that. That info is literally sealed in envelopes. Some random game dev, won't hear shit, no matter how much they try to listen. Such matters are not discussed around peasant devs.

The only way to learn anything like that is get access to their emails. Which we did. Revealed all events, what the game will be focusing on, etc. But these two... just your typical "I want attention, so here is a bullshit list of things that will happen." I can do that too.

My uncle works in NRS as QA. He is very good friends with Ed Boon and Shaun Himmerick. He sometimes even hangs out with them after work. He talks with them about game ideas, future plans, etc. He doesn't tell me much, because of the NDA but one day I got access to his computer as he forgot to log out, before leaving. So here is what I found out.

MK12 will take place after Shang Tsung wins and becomes the Guardian of Time. He has enslaved almost all of the realms, but there are still pockets of resistance. Due him rebooting the universe and altering the flow of time, lots of events are different and some characters have changed their alignment or even gender. For example Shao Kahn is now a good guy and is a female. Shao Kahn leads the remnants of free folk, while looking for a way to beat Shang Tsung. I didn't manage to see much, as I was afraid Uncle could come back at any time, but I the general story is that Shao Kahn breaks the barrier between multiverses and brings in the original characters from the first timeline, to help him fight.

There will be 32 characters.
8 of them will be guest characters.
5 DLC's are planned. Characters and costumes.
A lot of stages will be returning from 3D Era and MK9/MKX, so there will be a whooping 25 stages.
The game will be announced at the E3 2022 Los Angeles, as a surprise announcement.

That's all I can say, I don't want to reveal too much, as I don't want to risk NRS figuring out who leaked. Otherwise my uncle will get angry and will get Woke. But trust me. MK12 will be the biggest game ever.

Here is your leak. Alter just a bit. Add some bullshit names and post it on a forum. I bet your ass someone will believe this nonsense.

Commander

Isn't it this thing?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/pxez0n
The original post (which got deleted) was even more hilarious. I'd say this is bullshit through and through, but then again this fits NRS modus operandi. We have NuMK, now we have NuArmageddon.

The best take from this is that if this turns out to be true, NDAs will be even more draconian than ever. 🤣
I laughed my ass off when I saw that shit first show up on the MK Leaks sub. :ROFLMAO:
Sure, this lady is going to remember the exact details like the names of the MK9 and MKX skins for Sub-Zero along with that other shit?
Seriously, she can GTFOH with that garbage non-sense.
It MIGHT be more believable maybe if the leaker was like "here are some things I remember seeing / hearing" and mentioned a few random things, but all of that exact info smells way too much of someone trying to hard to get attention.

The best part of that original horseshit thread was that someone made this hot fucking mess of a thread as a spoof........ :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/pxykoa

EDIT:
If this pile of shit isn't true (which I have no reason to believe that it is true), then I could see after the VGAs another post going "It was postponed for the 30th Anniversary."

Same shit happened with that dvdgamescenter person who claimed to have an insider that had info on KP3 and Aftermath 2.0, but when he was called out on his bullshit he started to back-peddle that "Aftermath 2.0 was originally planned but failed due to Covid."
Nevermind the fact that Ed Boon called Aftermath the epilogue / final conclusion to MK11.
Why anyone gives these fucks any more attention, to begin with, is beyond me.
Hell, even I'm wasting time writing about this shit here.

Last edited:

lariat

The strange thing to me about this rumor being posted on Neogaf is osu 16 bit (A NRS Q A tester ) post on that site all the time. If anyone would shoot down such rumors it would be him. Now he could be under NDA and doesn't want to risk losing his job IDK. Even if thats the case I find it odd that he doesn't know what their next project is by now. I guess we'll find out at the VGA's.

Xenon

I laughed my ass off when I saw that shit first show up on the MK Leaks sub. :ROFLMAO:
It was much better on the gamingleaks or whatever it's called, before it got removed. Micropenises, thongs and just filled with so much rage and bile. "ALL THOSE GUYS DO ON TEAMS IS TALK ABOUT GORE AND ACT LIKE THEY'RE PROUD OF IT!!!!".

What a mess....... 🤣 But as I've said, if it's true.... This cheater is about to get his ass whooped by NDA, not the person who supposedly leaked it.

Man, NRS just can't keep a secret at all, do they? So unreliable!..... 🤣 I wonder if they're going to make a woke character ending dealing with this?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
If you were going to get back at your boyfriend for cheating, why would you leak his work and not his name? Like whats the point of telling people Cyrax has a pet hamster, how does that get back at your dude?

And the mom's boyfriend one, aint a fucking Gen Z kid on the planet that says "Yuck!"

These dudes are sad af with these fake leaks. ANYTHING for a few moments of attention

Xenon

The idea is that the person who signed the NDA gets punished (the cheater), and she gets away scot-free.

The biggest red flag with this "leak" is how specific that person was with costume names. That DVD kid had more creativity, wrote an entire Epic for a "leak".