Future of MK

Commander

Regarding ratings, I was just pointing out that MK11 on this list with games that are more recent (like Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman Miles Morales) and also doing well and not at a discount.
I just doubt that WokeBros would slash all support and development for a game that prints money. Probably the game stopped doing well a long time ago. Especially considering that leak that stated that the last KP sold like shit, so yeah, that would make total sense while they binned it....
That's what I don't get either, because if it's doing well as of June 2021, then that's why I think that covid and the shut-down had something to do with it. The studio was supposedly closed from March / April of 2020 through January of 2021 and while other stuff could be done, that seems like a long time with no face / motion capture. They even said that Rain was the last one captured before shutdown.
Which "leak" was it that said that KP2 sold horribly?
(Sorry, but I use that word "leak" lightly because anything from 4chan has been labeled as "leak" by much of the fanbase in the last couple of years, including ridiculous claims of KP4, 5 and Aftermath 2.0).

Xenon

There are plenty of studios that are doing just fine even with lockdowns. Some plans got changed, but not simply axed. The merger makes more sense than lockdowns.

lariat

There was a small update of my PS4 when I booted up Injustice 2 as well. If this doesn't scream that Injustice 3 is the next game than I don't know what will.

Last edited:

Misucra

There was a small update of my PS4 when I booted up Injustice 2 as well. If this doesn't scream that Injustice 3 is the next game than I don't know what will.
Oh yeah. It most definitely is Injustice 3. The files were called "upsell". They are just doing what they did with MKX. And of course. They will fix some issues, to make Injustice 2 look better. So people would be more keen on trying Injustice 3. Bunch of cocksucking cunts.

Xenon

.... Anyone remember this?

What was the bloody point 🤣 Doesn't even work anymore.

Xenon

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

lariat

I don't buy the ''it's just to 15 gb file to advertise MK11 guys nothing to see here!'' line. Even if it is true why would WB pay NRS to update a game that came out in 2017 that hasn't been updated in years? Ed Boon himself lied about MK11's existence on a Giant Bomb interview literally months before him showing it at the game awards. NRS are notorious for playing dumb until WB gives the green light.

Xenon

Well, that's why it's so funny. The dataminers went through it, and all it was 1) removal of Denuvo 2) MK11 ads. Removing Denuvo when there's like 50 people playing it (less online), and then upselling a dead game in a dead game.

It's pure brilliance.

Commander

I'm not surprised at all if that's the case, and that the Injustice 2 update was nothing more than advertising for MK11.
- No communication / horrible communication with fans.
- Selling as many klassic characters as possible as DLC to get more cash.
- Bundling MKX and MK11 together.
- Putting the final version of the game on PS5 and Series X|S to expand the userbase for the game.
None of this surprises me by now, so them putting in an ad on their previous game to sell this game makes sense given WB / NRS' business pattern.

Misucra

I don't buy the ''it's just to 15 gb file to advertise MK11 guys nothing to see here!'' line. Even if it is true why would WB pay NRS to update a game that came out in 2017 that hasn't been updated in years? Ed Boon himself lied about MK11's existence on a Giant Bomb interview literally months before him showing it at the game awards. NRS are notorious for playing dumb until WB gives the green light.
At this point I don't think they are playing dumb. They are just plain dumb.

15GB of MK11 ads? Very likely. NRS doesn't understand the concept of compression. Look at Wokey 11. 100+GB. For what? Games with 10 times more assets, weight less.

And yeah. Denuvo is clearly out. I tried playing Injustice 2 just now. Not a SINGLE fucking stutter. "BUt dUdE, iT Is yOUr PC fAUlt!"

Hell I don't even crash, when I press on Supergirl's character tutorial. Used to be a problem before. YEP. Far better experience. Fuck any game dev for using Denuvo.

lariat

There is a WB sale (60 to 80 percent off) on psn games. Mk11 and injustice 2 is included as well. Maybe the update is to help advertise for that but it's on the front page of the psn store so...

Misucra

There is a WB sale (60 to 80 percent off) on psn games. Mk11 and injustice 2 is included as well. Maybe the update is to help advertise for that but it's on the front page of the psn store so...
It still doesn't make sense. They added ads on a game, that hasn't been supported since 2017 and has few hundred player at best, for a game they literally just said, they stopped supporting. I have never seen such backwards "marketing" in my life and that says a lot, as my family is that of business people. So I have seen tons of shitty marketing campaigns, but this one takes a cake.

Misucra

I keep seeing MK content creators like Maximillian also talking nonsense. about NRS "cycle".

The reason why MK or any other NRS games aren't supported for a long time is, because NRS is a small studio. They don't have manpower/resources, that of let's say CAPCOM that has a dedicated SF team...

What a load of shit.

1. They have THE biggest budget for fighting games.
2. The fact that they need to dedicate massive resources to keep their game running, just shows how incompetent they are.

We have to this day SF3/UMK3 tournaments running. They have no support, yet people still play it after decades.

Instead of printing games non stop, they could just dedicate 1-2 extra years and release a self sufficient fighting game. Balance it properly and then release it. Nah. They make rushed piece of crap and then cry that they have to keep feeding the furnace, that they made themselves. Idiotic.

Last edited:

Xenon

Also NRS uses the Slave Labour Perk to shit out their games every 2 years, so.... That by default makes them one of the bigger Game Dev studios.

Commander

Also NRS uses the Slave Labour Perk to shit out their games every 2 years, so.... That by default makes them one of the bigger Game Dev studios.
Don't know how much of that is true anymore after they were called out on that shit, which is why I believe that the DLC characters took 2 months to come out for MK11 as compared to MKX (when people were worked to the bone), and DLC for that came out every month until the end of July and the final version was rushed out by March 1st of the following year with KP2 / XL.
With MK11 it seems that since they got a lot of shit during MKX that they didn't work people as crazy as they used to, which makes sense as to why instead of 1 month between DLC characters (like in MKX) it took 2 or more months between DLC characters in MK11.

Xenon

They probably force the puny slaves to sign draconian NDA now, and double down on crunches. Injustice 3 won't build itself, dammit!

lariat

I honestly don't get NRS and WB even care about NDA's anymore. The info on their games always leak a year early anyway. They might as well just come out and say ''Injustice 3 is our next game.Stay tuned ..".

Misucra

I honestly don't get NRS and WB even care about NDA's anymore. The info on their games always leak a year early anyway. They might as well just come out and say ''Injustice 3 is our next game.Stay tuned ..".
Yeah... those guys get their shit leaked non stop. Game announcements, characters, etc. I wouldn't trust them with my phone password.