Future of MK

lariat

MK Tom Brady aka Lord Brady seems to think that we won't get a new game from NRS for at least 2 yrs. His reasoning is due to the supply shortage of the PS5 and Xbox series X or S. He is going by the rumor that claim NRS are working on a Marvel vs DC game and it's releases on PC, and next generation systems only. That's a long time without a new game but due to the covid 19 throwing things behind it does make sense. I personally think it's a crossgen game but only time will tell.

Commander

No, no, no. You don't get to be silent for 6 months and call it "support". That piss poor "patch" with Sheeva's stomp and some health adjustment for couple of characters, isn't content either. If we are counting since last actual content update, then it has been 13 months of support.
I meant the 19 months from April 2019 to November 2020.
With Rain being the last face that they captured before the studio closed down and working from home during the pandemic, I could understand that. The horse shit silence from KP2 until now is another thing, though, and I agree 100% on that.
Their communication during this game's life cycle has been a complete dumpster fire.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the Sheeva stomp was included in those 19 months.

MK Tom Brady aka Lord Brady seems to think that we won't get a new game from NRS for at least 2 yrs. His reasoning is due to the supply shortage of the PS5 and Xbox series X or S. He is going by the rumor that claim NRS are working on a Marvel vs DC game and it's releases on PC, and next generation systems only. That's a long time without a new game but due to the covid 19 throwing things behind it does make sense. I personally think it's a crossgen game but only time will tell.

It could go either way, imo.
The install base for MKX wasn't too big in 2015 (2nd year of gen-8), either, so by the time that April 2022 rolls around there could be more people on Series X|S and PS5.
The series S is supposedly MUCH easier to get your hands on via Best Buy, Amazon and other places when they update on their websites than the Series X or PS5, but I imagine that the shortage also won't last too long. Pandemic restrictions have been easing up since more people have gotten vaccinated, so I dunno. Again, could go either way (imo).

The ONLY reason why I haven't gotten a Series S yet is because there really aren't many games out for it that make me go "Ooooh, I need one right away," and the same goes for the PS5. Lots of things are coming out cross-gen, so there's no real need to go with gen-9 at the moment.
Spider-Man Miles Morales, also on PS4.
GOW: Ragnarok, also on PS4.
Deathloop, coming to the series X|S after the timed exclusivity is up.
It's as if Sony and MS are going "don't worry, there's no need to get our new console right now."
Ok, then I won't. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Xenon

The ONLY reason why I haven't gotten a Series S yet is because there really aren't many games out for it that make me go "Ooooh, I need one right away," and the same goes for the PS5. Lots of things are coming out cross-gen, so there's no real need to go with gen-9 at the moment.
Spider-Man Miles Morales, also on PS4.
GOW: Ragnarok, also on PS4.
Deathloop, coming to the series X|S after the timed exclusivity is up.
It's as if Sony and MS are going "don't worry, there's no need to get our new console right now."
Ok, then I won't. 🤷‍♂️
Step 1: Build PC.
Step 2: Not needed.

Xenon

Yeah...cause NRS makes damn sure the PC crowd doesn't get treated like second class citizens...oh wait.
Fine, extra steps just for you:
Step 2: Don't pre-order.
Step 3: Don't buy "collector's" editions.
Step 4: Wait until "Ultimate" comes out and snag it a few months later for 75% off.
(Optional) Step 5: If all fails, sail the high seas.

....Or just continue to get it on consoles and experience the full first class treatment of 1 year and 6 months "super duper support".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Last edited:

Commander

Yeah...cause NRS makes damn sure the PC crowd doesn't get treated like second class citizens...oh wait.
Yeah, and it's also not just WB / NRS.
Arkham Knight was a complete nightmare on PC at launch and Dishonored 2 also ran horribly on PC for a long time.
Bethesda in general tends to have PC issues like Fallout 76. Maybe now that they're bough out by MS it'll be different. Who knows?
Yes, PC has it's benefits and for the most part doesn't have those types of issues, but when the game series that I DO play have those issues then I do have a problem with it.
Plus, for a combined $800 I can get a PS5 & a Series S (maybe $40 more if I get a 1TB external for the Series S).
That's not really that bad, imo.

Misucra

Yeah, and it's also not just WB / NRS.
Arkham Knight was a complete nightmare on PC at launch and Dishonored 2 also ran horribly on PC for a long time.
Bethesda in general tends to have PC issues like Fallout 76. Maybe now that they're bough out by MS it'll be different. Who knows?
Yes, PC has it's benefits and for the most part doesn't have those types of issues, but when the game series that I DO play have those issues then I do have a problem with it.
Plus, for a combined $800 I can get a PS5 & a Series S (maybe $40 more if I get a 1TB external for the Series S).
That's not really that bad, imo.
PC side, at least when it comes to AAA titles, have been screwed over non stop. I can count on my fingers, how many good working AAA titles we got. We always get broken ass games or shitty ports. It ain't just WB. Though they level of fuck up is legendary, even among other crappy PC ports.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier Automata
Ninja Gaiden
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
etc..

If you hear that PC is getting a port from console side, you can be 90% sure that the game will be ported with half ass effort.

lariat

Most person who play games on PC only buy games when They're 75 percent off on steam or obtain them through other questionable means. I'm not saying this is everyone but PC has that stigma about it ever since the Halflife 2 source code was leaked back in the day. I think this is why you don't see as many big AAA games running great on PC. Cyberpunk runs really great on highend rigs but that game got thrown under the buss because it couldn't run properly on the ps4, xbox one. It just shows how times have changed.

Misucra

Most person who play games on PC only buy games when They're 75 percent off on steam or obtain them through other questionable means. I'm not saying this is everyone but PC has that stigma about it ever since the Halflife 2 source code was leaked back in the day. I think this is why you don't see as many big AAA games running great on PC. Cyberpunk runs really great on highend rigs but that game got thrown under the buss because it couldn't run properly on the ps4, xbox one. It just shows how times have changed.
That and it was a massive scam. First of its kind as well (from what I know). Trust in AAA titles is non existent at this point. That is at least with those that have experience and two functioning brain cells.

Xenon

Most person who play games on PC only buy games when They're 75 percent off on steam or obtain them through other questionable means.

Really.... so that's why Cyberpunk has smashed all records, even though it was a shitty game?

As for AAA or AAA-level games running shit on PC, that depends on the developers.... plenty of others work just fine:
Doom 2016. Doom Eternal. Metro Exodus. GTA5. Rainbow 6. Counter-Strike. Quake. Half-Life. War Thunder. More RTS than you can count. Tekken7. List goes on....and on...and on.... In fact: https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Not sure why you'd complain about 75% off or piracy when it's a benefit.

lariat

We already mentioned what a mess cd project red made when Cyber punk released even on everything and PC. I sure they lost more than they earned like Misucra previously mentioned. Second the only reason I talked about people buying games for cheap on steam is because AAA games are getting more expensive so publishers have to see a huge return to justify a AAA Budget. I personally don't see anyone forking out 40 for a PC game let alone what PS5 games cost 70. You may careless and thats fine but outside of the small few developers who have thrived on PC most simply can't survive so that's why many developers (Including indies) look to the console space. It just a bigger market compared to PC. My point is most games made today is created to run on base consoles (barely functional )first than ported to PC for maximum profit. There are no true big PC games anymore. It's mostly steam sea of garbage and third party games that sometimes work.

Xenon

I personally don't see anyone forking out 40 for a PC game
.... What? Cyberpunk has been pre-ordered more so than the actual sales. People won't just spend 40 for a PC game, they spend 100+. That's part of the reason why shitty games get shat out in the first place 🤣

The developers & publishers know there are plenty of suckers who will splurge as long as the marketing is right. This has been proven to be the case, time and time again. Even with Mortal Kombat.... do you honestly believe that when MK12 gets announced, with a PC port, people won't be pre-ordering it as soon as it'll hit the store, for it's completely inflated price? Get real. The same people who swore they will never pre-order after X, were first in line for 11.

There are no true big PC games anymore.

Really.... I guess Counter-Strike with its million players concurrent isn't a true PC game. People are splurging thousands of $$$ even though it's an F2P game. Something that Mortal Kombat 11 will never experience, or any other MK games. In fact there are barely any games that pull that kind on revenue and player numbers, even on consoles.

This is what the infamous E-sport prizes are like: https://esportsobserver.com/csgo-passes-100m-totalprize-money/
A total of Hundred. Million. Dollars. Not one game can boast anything like that. No wait, DOTA2.... another PC game by Valve.

Last edited:

Misucra

.... What? Cyberpunk has been pre-ordered more so than the actual sales. People won't just spend 40 for a PC game, they spend 100+. That's part of the reason why shitty games get shat out in the first place 🤣

The developers & publishers know there are plenty of suckers who will splurge as long as the marketing is right. This has been proven to be the case, time and time again. Even with Mortal Kombat.... do you honestly believe that when MK12 gets announced, with a PC port, people won't be pre-ordering it as soon as it'll hit the store, for it's completely inflated price? Get real. The same people who swore they will never pre-order after X, were first in line for 11.

Really.... I guess Counter-Strike with its million players concurrent isn't a true PC game. People are splurging thousands of $$$ even though it's an F2P game. Something that Mortal Kombat 11 will never experience, or any other MK games. In fact there are barely any games that pull that kind on revenue and player numbers, even on consoles.

This is what the infamous E-sport prizes are like: https://esportsobserver.com/csgo-passes-100m-totalprize-money/
A total of Hundred. Million. Dollars. Not one game can boast anything like that. No wait, DOTA2.... another PC game by Valve.

There are always people that will buy shit and defend it. Fallout 76 showed that as well. No matter how broken the game was, there were STILL people defending it, since day 1. I would see shit like "It is sad that other people can't see past bugs on how amazing the game is!"

But having said that.

While there will always be idiots buying games, even after they got burned multiple times, the overall numbers of buyers will drop.

Once again. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the kind situation. So it can't be compared to anything. They had everything perfectly aligned for themselves, but got drunk on their achievements/ego and ruined everything.

We all already know that MK11 is lagging behind MKX overall sales. MK12 might make a bank, but it will be even less than MK11. And if they keep same practice of bullshitting people with other fighting games, then yeah. By the time they will make MK12, they will need to work their ass off, for any kind of trust.

For the "Easy to please" population won't be enough to keep them afloat.

As for true PC Games. Yeah. We have CSGO and Moba games... but that's all. Sure they bring tons of money and have tons of players playing them, but not everyone wants to just frag and keep hitting 3 same lanes all the time.

I want a working adventure/action game, I want a non downgraded game experience, I want to see someone push the hardware to the limits. We won't get any of that shit, though. Not with current AAA devs and that's where our problem lies.

Xenon

There are always people that will buy shit and defend it. Fallout 76 showed that as well. No matter how broken the game was, there were STILL people defending it, since day 1. I would see shit like "It is sad that other people can't see past bugs on how amazing the game is!"

But having said that.

While there will always be idiots buying games, even after they got burned multiple times, the overall numbers of buyers will drop.

Once again. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the kind situation. So it can't be compared to anything. They had everything perfectly aligned for themselves, but got drunk on their achievements/ego and ruined everything.

We all already know that MK11 is lagging behind MKX overall sales. MK12 might make a bank, but it will be even less than MK11. And if they keep same practice of bullshitting people with other fighting games, then yeah. By the time they will make MK12, they will need to work their ass off, for any kind of trust.

For the "Easy to please" population won't be enough to keep them afloat.

As for true PC Games. Yeah. We have CSGO and Moba games... but that's all. Sure they bring tons of money and have tons of players playing them, but not everyone wants to just frag and keep hitting 3 same lanes all the time.

I want a working adventure/action game, I want a non downgraded game experience, I want to see someone push the hardware to the limits. We won't get any of that shit, though. Not with current AAA devs and that's where our problem lies.

It can be compared to everything and should be. It's just as I said: they had the most effective marketing and hype machine for one of the most shittiest games ever released, and tons of people fell for it. As I've shown before, even with all the refunds CDPR made massive bank. Ironically since this turned out to be "PC vs Consoles" argument for some reason, Cyberpunk worked best on PCs. There's your "action adventure" game.

EA should be 6 feet under already due to all the shitty games they release, but guess what.... There's this annual FIFA game that constantly destroys most games by pure revenue. All they do is do a bit of reskins and change the teams, and that's it, the "easy to please crowd" does the rest.... Do you think WB/NRS wouldn't give their souls for something like that, especially with MK11 being the perfect example how hard they tried to make it into a cashcow? Oh yeah, it's on PC as well and is in top 10 on Steam. So it's not just Shooters or Mobas.

Easy to please crowd will be enough to keep them afloat. That's why MK12 will be developed 🤣

As for the last paragraph, there are plenty.... Tomb Raider comes to mind. STALKER2 is coming out soon, and just like Metro Exodus on release it'll probably melt most PCs. "Won't be buying $40+ games on PC", what a joke.... People are already splurging thousands of dollars for the 3090.

Last edited:

Misucra

It can be compared to everything and should be. It's just as I said: they had the most effective marketing and hype machine for one of the most shittiest games ever released, and tons of people fell for it. As I've shown before, even with all the refunds CDPR made massive bank. Ironically since this turned out to be "PC vs Consoles" argument for some reason, Cyberpunk worked best on PCs. There's your "action adventure" game.

EA should be 6 feet under already due to all the shitty games they release, but guess what.... There's this annual FIFA game that constantly destroys most games by pure revenue. All they do is do a bit of reskins and change the teams, and that's it, the "easy to please crowd" does the rest.... Do you think WB/NRS wouldn't give their souls for something like that, especially with MK11 being the perfect example how hard they tried to make it into a cashcow? Oh yeah, it's on PC as well and is in top 10 on Steam. So it's not just Shooters or Mobas.

Easy to please crowd will be enough to keep them afloat. That's why MK12 will be developed 🤣

As for the last paragraph, there are plenty.... Tomb Raider comes to mind. STALKER2 is coming out soon, and just like Metro Exodus on release it'll probably melt most PCs. "Won't be buying $40+ games on PC", what a joke.... People are already splurging thousands of dollars for the 3090.
Really dude? You're comparing MK with EA's mobile game tactics? XD

EA is not making as much money from the individual sales of FIFA or NFL, as much as they are making from microtransactions inside them. They have license to use actual famous faces/players and because both FIFA and NFL sports have massive fanbases, they have people spending money to get their "dream teams". They are using psychologically addictive tactics, to keep people playing. Hence why EA is shitting their pants about Lootbox lawsuits and are begging Belgium to calm the fuck down. Most of their money comes from there.

But MK? LOL. They tried to create mobile style store and use the same tactics, but because it is a fighting game and doesn't have fanbase like other games (like COD mobile), the backlash was felt quickly and they dropped that entire cash shop shit. Why do you think they pushed MK mobile at the beginning? They wanted some of that cash, that games like COD mobile is making.

No. PC game sales are dropping. The real money is in mobile games now. I think only GTA Online could compete in revenue stream, but even that one is running dry, while COD Mobile is making almost 200mil per month, if I am not wrong. So if the remaining nations will decide that lootboxes are gambling, then I bet you 50 bucks, that EA will change course to mobile gaming. Cause if they depended only on game sales, they would be already dying. Lootboxes are the only thing that keeps them afloat. That's all.

Also... Tomb Raider? AHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S YOUR PICK? TOMB FUCKING RAIDER? You mean the one that was so bad, that it went on sale the very NEXT month? I said I want a good game, not a garbage eye candy. We don't have shit in that area. As nice as S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 looks like, it won't have what I seek either.

The only reason why Cyberpunk had such hype train, is because people expected a Roleplaying experience, to that of Skyrim. You start as no one, get to interact with the city, buy your stuff, customize both yourself and your digs. They sold it as the most immersive experience.
Developed from a pen paper game and uses it as a template, interesting world setting, also studio that brought the successful Witcher video game series, with the last being a game of a decade for a reason. They had everything set up for themselves. No other studio had conditions like that. And from the current studios? None ever will.

Whatever money they made is now being wasted on lawsuits. If fanbase won't fuck them up, it will be shareholders and their lawsuits. They literally can't enjoy the bank they made. Cause if they don't "fix" the game, they can forget any major sales for the future and will be eaten by lawsuits. If they lose just one lawsuit, they will have to pay insane fines for false advertisement and tricking shareholders.

So yeah PC games future looks bleak. If lootboxes get axed by law, then lots of major publishers will turn to mobile games. And we won't be getting any innovative PC games any time soon either.

MK11 was axed, literally cause it wasn't making money. Nobody was buying those time crystals and barely anyone plays that mobile game of theirs. Hah. MK12. All things considered, there is a chance we won't ever even see MK12. Why deal with some random martial arts world, then you can have capeshit and easy money. No need to write stories, as they are written for you. Massive fanbases and all maturity and respect.

Commander

PC side, at least when it comes to AAA titles, have been screwed over non stop. I can count on my fingers, how many good working AAA titles we got. We always get broken ass games or shitty ports. It ain't just WB. Though they level of fuck up is legendary, even among other crappy PC ports.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier Automata
Ninja Gaiden
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
etc..

If you hear that PC is getting a port from console side, you can be 90% sure that the game will be ported with half ass effort.

Which is why I figured that for $800~$1,000 (the PS5 disc drive & either an X or S), I could just get 1 of each console and call it a day.
Best of both worlds (imo) and I don't have to worry about some of my favorite games getting a bad port.
Plus, I'd be good for the next 10 years.

MK11 was axed, literally cause it wasn't making money. Nobody was buying those time crystals and barely anyone plays that mobile game of theirs. Hah. MK12. All things considered, there is a chance we won't ever even see MK12.
In all fairness, I think that MK11 was axed on DLC content because of all of the shit with the pandemic.
The signs were there all along, imo.....

- Rain was the last face that they captured, prior to covid shutting shit down (the face / motion capture dude specifically came out and said it).
- Shang Tsung and Sonya's lines vs Mileena, Rambo and Rain were lazily copy-pasted from previous existing intro lines that were already in the game since Shang Tsung initiall dropped as DLC.
- The motion capture studio didn't seem to open again until January of this year.
- KL went on repeat when KP2 / Ultimate came out.
- Krypt events have been on repeat (which goes hand in hand with the KL repeating).
- KL skins are now also able to be unlocked via the Meteor / Secret Tower.

The signs that Ultimate was the end were pretty obvious.

Misucra

Which is why I figured that for $800~$1,000 (the PS5 disc drive & either an X or S), I could just get 1 of each console and call it a day.
Best of both worlds (imo) and I don't have to worry about some of my favorite games getting a bad port.
Plus, I'd be good for the next 10 years.

In all fairness, I think that MK11 was axed on DLC content because of all of the shit with the pandemic.
The signs were there all along, imo.....

- Rain was the last face that they captured, prior to covid shutting shit down (the face / motion capture dude specifically came out and said it).
- Shang Tsung and Sonya's lines vs Mileena, Rambo and Rain were lazily copy-pasted from previous existing intro lines that were already in the game since Shang Tsung initiall dropped as DLC.
- The motion capture studio didn't seem to open again until January of this year.
- KL went on repeat when KP2 / Ultimate came out.
- Krypt events have been on repeat (which goes hand in hand with the KL repeating).
- KL skins are now also able to be unlocked via the Meteor / Secret Tower.

The signs that Ultimate was the end were pretty obvious.
Eh, let's not use pandemic as an excuse. Tekken or even Street Fighter were like "Pandemi... what?" SFV alone came in and gave 25 pages of patches. But NRS, the princess on a fucking bean, couldn't fix something as simple as Sheeva's stomp for months? Lol.

MK11 was simply not sustainable.

Their game was broken. Casuals get easily bored due lack of content, so they keep demanding more Kombat Packs, while pros were asking for overhaul, due how stagnant the game is. They couldn't keep up.
Let's say pandemic didn't happen. What when? Kombat Pack 3, then 4? Pfuu. No way. With every Kombat Pack they were digging themselves into a bigger hole. More characters they added, the bigger the overhaul. Esports scene failed completely, too. NOOOOBODY gave a shit about MK11 Tourneys. Same faces, over and over again. So MK11 wasn't even making money from the thing it aimed at. Failure at all sides.

MK11 went out like a fart in a wind.

lariat

Every game you mentioned is just older PC franchises that have been on consoles for years now (CS go is on ps3 360 ect..) Counter Strike is huge from a esport competitive view but again those games aren't pushing anything forward for PC technologically outside of people using a mouse and keyboard I mean fortnite racks in millions as well but no ones sees these games as a benchmark of PC gaming. Again every game with a big AAA budget now a days is released on consoles the same time it releases on PC. The only game that I can think of that is a exception to the rule is half life aylx but since that is a VR only game it kind of its own thing but I could see that game easily working on PSVR2 on PS5. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't already in development.

Xenon

Every game you mentioned is just older PC franchises that have been on consoles for years now (CS go is on ps3 360 ect..) Counter Strike is huge from a esport competitive view but again those games aren't pushing anything forward for PC technologically outside of people using a mouse and keyboard I mean fortnite racks in millions as well but no ones sees these games as a benchmark of PC gaming. Again every game with a big AAA budget now a days is released on consoles the same time it releases on PC. The only game that I can think of that is a exception to the rule is half life aylx but since that is a VR only game it kind of its own thing but I could see that game easily working on PSVR2 on PS5. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't already in development.
.............Are you high? CS:GO on consoles?.... They tried and it failed. CS:GO is primarily a PC game. Counter-Strike started on PC and will continue to be the #1 game there. Same with Half-Life. Even Team Fortress 2 is still alive and kicking, with a playerbase that makes most games salivate, and nobody plays it on consoles. Same with DOTA2 or other Mobas. Not to mention all the RTS. But keep moving those goal posts.....

If you're for some reason trying to start a platform war, that's just hilarious because right now consoles are poor man's PCs, and most games are multiplatform releases. Go have a read about Xbox/Playstation architecture. It's x64/x86, aka gimped PCs.

I've also given you actual statistics, instead of just text garbage. "They only buy $40 games on PC!", meanwhile 3090s are flying off shelves with a $1200-3500 price tag, with the hardware industry alone being worth 70 billion and growing fast. What do you think people are going to do with those cards, just mine Bitcoins?...

As for "pushing the technology".... Well, other than PCs getting more and more technologically advanced every year, so fast that barely anyone can keep up.... What exactly are consoles pushing? Cramming x64/x86 into a tiny box with the shittiest cooling system possible? Gaming laptops already have that done. If it's the video games that are of your concern, being stale and not moving forward.... That depends on the developers. NRS is still using Unreal Engine 3, for God's sake. Just FYI, we're already sitting on Unreal 5. Meanwhile: https://store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/
Just recently got a free RT upgrade, and probably once again makes most PCs melt. Same with Doom Eternal.

...Even Ed Boon is building a PC now, and I remember he talked trash about that platform a long time ago. How the turn tables.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: