Future of MK

Xenon

Kano gets his shit kicked in more than anyone in the movie.

- Introduced as a bitch, being tied in to a chair and bitch slapped by Sonya.
- Had to pile on Reptile who was already damaged by Sonya and a bit by Cole.
- Flawlessly owned by Sonya, Round 1.
- Got humiliated by Liu, 3 sweeps in a row.
- Shat on by Kabal in front of Shang Tsung
- Shat on by Earthrealmers, made him realise just how useless he is, throws a hissy fit and activates his Magic Eye
- Shat on by Kabal personally
- Uses Magic Eye to do one thing and one thing alone... basically shoot a power generator.
- Shat on by Cole, even a nobody has 0 respect for this clown.
- Absolutely humiliated by Sonya and the Gnome, while having all possible privile-.... advantages.

Absolute jobber of the highest caliber! 😂 But hey...."WaNtEd In FiFtEeN CoUnTrIeS" or whatever.... If Kano was this bad, JC will take it up to 11. Especially with Woke Garner having a problem with "white male leads", while being white...

Last edited:

Commander

Kano gets his shit kicked in more than anyone in the movie.

- Introduced as a bitch, being tied in to a chair and bitch slapped by Sonya.
- Had to pile on Reptile who was already damaged by Sonya and a bit by Cole.
- Flawlessly owned by Sonya, Round 1.
- Got humiliated by Liu, 3 sweeps in a row.
- Shat on by Kabal in front of Shang Tsung
- Shat on by Earthrealmers, made him realise just how useless he is, throws a hissy fit and activates his Magic Eye
- Shat on by Kabal personally
- Uses Magic Eye to do one thing and one thing alone... basically shoot a power generator.
- Shat on by Cole, even a nobody has 0 respect for this clown.
- Absolutely humiliated by Sonya and the Gnome, while having all possible privile-.... advantages.

Absolute jobber of the highest caliber! 😂 But hey...."WaNtEd In FiFtEeN CoUnTrIeS" or whatever.... If Kano was this bad, JC will take it up to 11. Especially with Woke Garner having a problem with "white male leads", while being white...
And even with all of that, I cared for this version of Kano more than I did for Cole, which was supposed to be the audience surrogate. 🤷‍♂️
I'd rather have a Kano solo movie with Lawson than a majority of the trash that they tried to peddle in this movie. :LOL:

BBBLP

Robot Rock
Jax's voice actor talked about getting his face scanned for something MK related. Idk if it was for a CGI moment in the movie, or maybe its a skin pack for MK11. But I need that Kabal skin as soon as possible

Commander

IIRC, Mehcad Brooks was scanned likely for something to do with the movie (could have been his metal arms), but the article itself was about them wanting to be put in the game, not confirming that they will be.

As it is, WB publishing / NRS / Ed Boon don't seem to want to have anything to do with the movie, and after the lawsuit between Midway and Larry Kassanoff, I can't say that I really blame them.
Another reason why I also don't ever think characters like Cole or "Khrome" will ever come into an MK fighting game, because they weren't created in-house by the NRS team and probably want to avoid legal issues down the road.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I think Cole would have been fine if it weren't for the generic family shit. The family stuff doesn't even work because they were horribly miscast. Cole looks 19, his daughter looks 15 and his wife could be in her late 30's

Commander

Cole wasn't needed AT ALL, imo.
Kano was already pretty much asking, saying and thinking the things that casual viewers would have asked, so he acted more of an audience surrogate than Cole ever did, and Cole's special power was essentially him getting his ass kicked until Goro came out of the tool shed, then with Sub-Zero he returned to getting his ass handed to him until Scorpion came to the rescue.
Even his suit was catered for him to take more of an ass-kicking.
He's basically just.... there.... as punching-bag fodder for most of who he's up against.

Xenon

Cole was WB's doing. They forced him in.

The entire Tournament shtick falls flat on its face because of this guy. Goro was the reason why Outworld owned everyone. Now what? Since Iron Man Cole wiped the floor with Goro, in his first fight, after tapping out to some schmuck in the MMA fight... there should be no one who could stop him.

Misucra

The entire Tournament shtick falls flat on its face because of this guy. Goro was the reason why Outworld owned everyone. Now what? Since Iron Man Cole wiped the floor with Goro, in his first fight, after tapping out to some schmuck in the MMA fight... there should be no one who could stop him.
Remember Shang said "Death is only another portal..." or some shit. So yeah... Wouldn't be surprised in the case of them having a sequel and pulling the "well according to MK Tournament rules, those fights didn't count, so for that reason none of the fighters actually died!"

BBBLP

Robot Rock

Thats a good point lmao. Goro won 9 tournaments against grand champions, but lost to a man who literally can't beat other humans.

Remember Shang said "Death is only another portal..." or some shit. So yeah... Wouldn't be surprised in the case of them having a sequel and pulling the "well according to MK Tournament rules, those fights didn't count, so for that reason none of the fighters actually died!"

I mean that makes sense to me. They did roughly the same thing in the games with Shang hiring Lin Kuei to kill Earthrealm fighters behind the scenes. I didn't take it as them attacking Raiden's temple to win the tournament, I took it as them ambushing them to make sure when the tournament happens they'll be at a huge disadvantage.

Misucra

Thats a good point lmao. Goro won 9 tournaments against grand champions, but lost to a man who literally can't beat other humans.

I mean that makes sense to me. They did roughly the same thing in the games with Shang hiring Lin Kuei to kill Earthrealm fighters behind the scenes. I didn't take it as them attacking Raiden's temple to win the tournament, I took it as them ambushing them to make sure when the tournament happens they'll be at a huge disadvantage.
You're talking MK9 and that was DURING the tournament.

Also the rules that have been established since 90s, dictate that no fighting can happen before the tournament. That was always the case. Only movie decided to make up this convoluted bullshit, about being able to attack hand picked fighters before the tournament.

Not to mention Raiden's domain is Earthrealm. That's his center of power. That's why Shang Tsung would wait UNTIL they were on his island (that is a kill free zone), to pull sneaky shit. Raiden couldn't do anything there, but just observe and keep Shang Tsung in check, as a referee.

In the movie Raiden can't do shit IN HIS OWN F%CKING REALM. This MK movie Raiden was the most lamest version of Thunder God in MK history.

Commander

I'm now wondering what sucked more.... MK11 story or the 2021 movie. 🤯
Definitely the 2021 movie.
While I didn't care as much for the MK11 story as with previous story modes, (imo) it did at least have more redeeming stuff in it.
Aftermath was even better than both the MKX and MK11 story modes (imo). Felt good to have Shang Tsung with his own agenda and not give a single fuck about Shao Kahn or Sindel and it was cool that Fujin also played a role in it.

Misucra

It seems NRS is working on a Marvel fighting game.

"Years of MK11 support. Longer, than before. It will be different this time!"

So... 2 years as usual?

Last edited:

Commander

It seems NRS is working on a Marvel fighting game.

"Years of MK11 support. Longer, than before. It will be different this time!"

So... 2 years as usual?
I hate to be THAT dude, but yeah, technically anything past March after the year of release for DLC = "longer support."
Been saying it for a while now that the whole "longer support" bullshit line was vague as hell, but people don't listen to me.

MK9 = Komplete comes out on February 8, 2012 (less than a year after initial release)
Injustice = Ultimate Edition comes out on November 12, 2013 (same year as the initial release)
MKX = XL Edition comes out on March 1, 2016 (less than a year after initial release)
Injustice 2 = Legendary Edition comes out on March 27, 2018 (less than a year after initial release)
MK11 = Ultimate Edition comes out on November 17, 2020 (a year and 5 months after initial release)

WB / NRS like to play loose with terms, so over a year and a half to them probably constituted as year(s) or "longer support."
I'm not condoning it or saying it's right, but likely their mentality on this stuff.

Xenon

NRS games simply don't hold up long term. It's not like they have a reason to do it either.

NRS Vicious Cycle:

Announce game.
Hype it up to the stratosphere.
Release game.
Continue hype.
Release DLC.
Radio silence. (<<< You are here)
Build new game.

Works like a charm. I wasn't kidding when I said a long time ago that MK (or more accurately, NRS games) is COD of fighting games. You may hate it, but there is absolutely no reason for them to do it differently.

Last edited: