"Fully connected experience" Kreate a Fighter returning? My Theory

natedoggcata

So I was reading the press release and kept thinking about what this could mean

offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

I have a theory. There are some games out there like Hybrid for the Xbox 360 where you choose a faction and each win from you or your team adds points to the faction. At the end of the season, the faction with most points wins the season and it starts over when the next season starts. Winning the seasons earns everyone who picked that faction rewards such as money, XP boosts and unlockable costumes.

What if Mortal Kombat had this same online experience? To start, you choose whether you want to fight for Earthrealm or the Netherealm. Then you Kreate a Fighter. Each time you win a fight your faction earns points. At the end of the season either Earthrealm or Netherealm will claim domination over the realms. I figure this could be a way to bring back KAF and keep it canon with the story. Maybe there is a giant war going on between the realms and the kreated fighters are having their own battle while the Earthrealm and Netherealm MK fighters are having their own war.

Hey it's possible! I highly doubt they'd do kaf again, but even without it I could see the faction-selection thing being really cool.

You are probably right about the faction thing but not KAF. They should know better than to bring that crap back. Depending on which characters are in the game you should be able to represent Earthrealm, Netherrealm, Outworld, and Edenia. Maybe even Chaosrealm and Seido.

i'd be down for KaF as long as they can find a way to keep it all balanced...it's kinda hard to keep all the original characters balanced let alone KaF guys

Well, let's not all poop on kaf just for the sake of it. I like the approach the new Smash Bros is taking where some elements are included just for fun and some are included specifically for competition. If you made a character for story mode for example, I can't see the harm in that. It would just be one of the many elements that wouldn't be suitable for competitive play. It's not a terrible idea. But barring a miracle, NRS would almost definitely not have time to implement that level of customization while still prioritizing the cinematics of story-mode AND the balanced nature of competitive play. Still a fun thought though.

I'd like to try to make myself like create a fighter, really, but I just can't let go of how crappy it was. It was just a poorly executed gimmick that had unbalanced material in it, and sadly, I feel that it took away play time to other characters. But then again, there was over sixty characters, so in a way, it kinda made sense to have it. But I feel that a game that has between 20-30 characters in it, really shouldn't have a create a fighter, in my opinion.

And yeah, there's the whole discussion about online play and such. Really, I just find this to be nothing more but a gimmick that was only to be seen once. And if we see again, I'll be mistaken and accept that.