For those complaining about this game being a re-hash

I love how people are begging for post-MK3 characters to get a chance to return or for more new characters but I'm willing to bet my left nut that they were the same people shitting on the MKDA, MKD, and MKA characters when they debuted. Comedy at its finest!

Hand over that left nut, because iv always liked the 3D era characters.

I grew up with those characters. I was dying to see those characters get a redemption.
Not gonna happen though.

Lol at the people who say they aren't getting the game but still come to this site.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

Even if non of my favorites make it in, its still Mortal Kombat, and it looks amazing! If you are not going to get the game because you are mentally butt hurt, imho I would give as advice "cri moar" I'll have a great time with this game, and I think everyone that loves MK will really.

Lol at the people who say they aren't getting the game but still come to this site.

Is that directed at me? :laugh:

Yeah I said I wouldn't be paying 100's of dollars just for some updated MK9 characters.
But if for some reason, NRS gets their shit together and gives me a reason to do so, then I will.

But for now, ill be watching the story on youtube, and waiting to get the game later.

Didn't you say some shit about not buying the game if your favorite didn't get revealed?
LOL @ that

Is that directed at me? :laugh:

Yeah I said I wouldn't be paying 100's of dollars just for some updated MK9 characters.
But if for some reason, NRS gets their shit together and gives me a reason to do so, then I will.

But for now, ill be watching the story on youtube, and waiting to get the game later.

Didn't you say some shit about not buying the game if your favorite didn't get revealed?
LOL @ that

Noooooo I did not say that..I knew from day one when I seen cassie that if Johnny didn't make it I would main her.....must have been another
EDIT:and whT do you mean "if NRS gets their shit together"??the roster is done..don't you mean if NRS shows you who you want to see. Then you will get the game earlier??
[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION]

a1b3e38ac088c9dffbb4a4b39df2e92c.jpg

Oh you don't see how I "jumped to conclusions"

He straight up said he wasn't getting the game in this post .He didn't say he wasn't getting the game if blah blah blah...

Dude if you aren't sure if you are getting the game or not then say it .But when you say you aren't getting it in one post then change your mind and say"oh well I'm just not going to get it on release"that proves you are just saying that stuff to help prove your point..

I PREDICT
YOU WILL GET THIS GAME.YOU WILL GET IT ON RELEASE OR AT LEAST THE FIRST WEEK...

Last edited:
Noooooo I did not say that..I knew from day one when I seen cassie that if Johnny didn't make it I would main her.....must have been another
EDIT:and whT do you mean "if NRS gets their shit together"??the roster is done..don't you mean if NRS shows you who you want to see. Then you will get the game earlier??

Do I really have to go dig those posts up? SMH I know what you posted. You were straight up arguing about it.
What if Cassie, Johnny, Sonya all never made it into the game? What if nobody you liked made it into the game?
That's what I thought...

By "Get their shit together" I mean get there marketing back in order.
The praise for Kitana was pretty high around here and a couple other forums, but else where, people wanted a new character.
People wanted a character who wasn't a dead MK9 character. Revealing Kitana right after Kung Lao, was silly.
Especially when the general feeling towards Kung Lao's reveal was about 50/50.

Whatever though. I'v grown tired of these arguments. I hate this reveal and other don't hate it.
The end.

[MENTION=16796]ujustgotcaged[/MENTION]

Lol, I never directed that to you, it was towards this entire thread in general.

Last edited:
Wow I am shocked this guy said Kitana looks like a slut. I can see you are angry man but really?

Maybe with a leather outfit like Quan Chi or a topless costume with pants and boots like Kano she looks more serious and mature.

Do I really have to go dig those posts up?

What if nobody you liked made it into the game?

By "Get their shit together" I mean get there marketing back in order.

Yes if you want to make me look like a liar or hypocrite then that's what you would have to do.

I know what I said and I never said that.

If my favorites didn't make it in I would find a NEW female character and main the hell out of her ass.
[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION] sorry about that.I thought you where addressing me .my mistake

Oh you don't see how I "jumped to conclusions"

He straight up said he wasn't getting the game in this post .He didn't say he wasn't getting the game if blah blah blah...

Dude if you aren't sure if you are getting the game or not then say it .But when you say you aren't getting it in one post then change your mind and say"oh well I'm just not going to get it on release"that proves you are just saying that stuff to help prove your point..

I PREDICT
YOU WILL GET THIS GAME.YOU WILL GET IT ON RELEASE OR AT LEAST THE FIRST WEEK...

REALLY?!?!
You really tried to do that? :laugh:

hahahahahahaha

Dude, you totally cut off the last part of that post, on purpose!!!

I said ""And that's unfortunately going to be the case for me.
I WILL NOT buy a PS4 with MKX just to play an updated MK9.""

I said I wouldn't buy the game to play an updated MK9.
If it turns out Kitana and Kung Lao are the only dead characters who are back, and the story sounds like it's not totally screwed up, then yes, I will be buying the game. Hell, it'll take more the Kitana and Kung Lao to keep me from this game. Nice work, trying to twist my posts around though.

YOU just got Caged!

I mean I'm not against complaining. Hell, I complained a shit load before the first issue of the comic came out, saying NRS are either being lazy, disorganized, etc. with the promotion of this game. Especially when compared to MK9 where we got a boat load of media before release. And it still continues to hold true. As cool as the most recent trailer was, it seems like they just put together a bunch of clips and uploaded it to YouTube. Where's the Kung Lao variation trailer? Will Kitana's come out soon?

I do however think its way too early for people to make claims about MK9.5, MK Gold 2.0, stuff like that. I mean there's still over half the roster to be revealed lol. When Kung Lao first was revealed, I was like wtf this is stupid, why is a dead character coming back? Then they announced Kitana, and I KEPT AN OPEN MIND and thought "hey... These two characters are extremely important to Liu Kang, and there's already talk of him potentially being the Boss, these two characters being included somewhat supports that."

Like I said, if they keep on revealing more "dead" characters, then yeah, voice your frustrations, but right now its just way too early to call.

I think we all feel the same... The only character I really liked was Cassie... (even if subz and scorps are my faves, I´m not atracted by´em in this game) so, if they didn´t revealed another I can really appreciate like Kitana I was thinking of buying SFV insted MKX... But I knew deep inside, I will end up buying the game... It´s not like we buy the game for the characters, but for the franchise itself.... I think....
I understand users like [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] or [MENTION=18074]Kickinwing420[/MENTION] are really dissapointed, but guys, it´s your fault, you decided to imagine NRS will cut down all their iconic characters and only bring unpopular post MK3 ones, or totally new ones... No-one said so.... So please refrain your comments when the game is being awesome... and wait, I´m sure at least 3 or 4 post MK3 chars will return, and at least 5 new ones... So, just be patient... But, if you were crying for a character like Hsu Hao or Mokap for example, I will reccomend you leaving all this behind, because THAT WON´T HAPPEN NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!

REALLY?!?!
You really tried to do that?

hahahahahahaha

Dude, you totally cut off the last part of that post, on purpose!!!

I said ""And that's unfortunately going to be the case for me.
I WILL NOT buy a PS4 with MKX just to play an updated MK9.""

I said I wouldn't buy the game to play an updated MK9.
If it turns out Kitana and Kung Lao are the only dead characters who are back, and the story sounds like it's not totally screwed up, then yes, I will be buying the game. Hell, it'll take more the Kitana and Kung Lao to keep me from this game. Nice work, trying to twist my posts around though.

YOU just got Caged!
Does MK9 have the X-ISM, A-ISM,and V-ISM of MKX?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Like I said, if they keep on revealing more "dead" characters, then yeah, voice your frustrations, but right now its just way too early to call.

that's what I don't get though.

So there's some imaginary number of dead characters that are allowed to come back before I complain?
What would that number be?
3? 4? 5? 6?

Or does it depend on the character? Sounds to me like if one dead character can come back, the door is opened for the rest.

I hadn't seen the 30-something comment from Boon. If that is the case Im far less concerned about returning characters. If there are, say 35, that is a lot of room not just for returning characters, but MK4 characters and new ones.

Between MK9 and MK4 you could bring back 20 characters and still have 15 new ones.

Yeah, Boon specifically said "30-something" here.....

But 30-something is not thirty. It is a direct implication of more than 30.

Im not saying you are wrong, maybe there will only be 30.

Very true.
30-something could be a anywhere from 31 to 39.
That said, Steve Beran and Ed Boon said on 2 different interviews that the roster size would be close to MK9.
When you factor in them saying that the roster will be close to MK9 and Ed's "30-something" comment, 32 seems to be the magical number given that MK9 had 32 playable characters in total, including DLC.

My personal guess is 26 on the roster and 6 DLC.
Ed said that MKX will have more new characters than any previous game, but he was also vague about it.
So, there is plenty of cause for concern, as far as these "new" characters are concerned.
Deadly Alliance had the most new characters, until now, but that's also not factoring in that Moloch was a non-playable sub-boss and that Blaze and Mokap were secret characters.

The whole "more characters than any previous MK game is vague, because he didn't specify between playable and non-playable.
If there are more playable characters than any previous MK game, then I feel more at ease.

I just don't want the game to have 9 or 10 new playable characters, with 22 being MK9 characters.
Can anyone at least see eye to eye with me on THAT?

We'll get our new characters eventually. The feedback for D'Vorah, Torr, Cassie and Kotal has been widely positive. There is no reason for NRS to back out on them now. Plus if you've been reading the comic, you'll see that they're prepping for some new blood to come in.

Hopefully.
I thought the same thing with Ferra/ Torr, Cassie, Kotal and D'Vorah getting such good reception, but lately the reveals have seemed to state otherwise.
I probably would have felt better about it, had their marketing not been to shitty up to this point, and if they released the characters in a different order, like: new, old, new, old, new, old (etc, etc, etc, etc).
So I'm hoping that some people (not you, in specific, BBBLP) can see where I'm coming with my disappointment.
The comic is a good indicator, but it isn't a sure tell, given that Kittlesen said that some of the characters in the comics may not show up in the game.
I'd love to think that Takeda will be playable, but I'm not 100% convinced, just yet.

I don't take most of the complaints as "bashing", but more so people struggling to make sense of it. Most of the posters here wouldn't be posting on this forum if it weren't for a love of all things MK. So I think it is fair to say that at this point, with everyone here having a pretty deep knowledge of the MK story, it is hard to imagine a way to bring those characters back in a sensical manner.

Im willing to give them the benefit and wait till I play through the story mode. But you have to cut people some slack when they ask what is the point of killing them if you just bring them right back.

This. Thank you.
I can only speak for myself, but, at the end of the day I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
I want there to be a damn good explanation for those dead being back, and I can't think of a sensical way for them to do it, without the cop-out / lame way of Quan Chi is dead and all the souls are free, and everyone lives happily ever after, herp derp.

That's exactly my issue. Why kill them off in the first place if they're gonna come back in the next game? It not only cheapens their death scene, but the entire story of the previous game. But whatever. No sense in me harping on it anymore. With Kung Lao, Kitana and Jax all confirmed as "alive", I can see that NRS is more concerned with shaping the story around a predetermined roster based on favoritism rather than creating a sensible story and constructing the roster from there.

Agreed.
It cheapens the MK9 story mode too, IMO, because it feels like they didn't take a risk with bringing all these dead back.
I was hoping to see something new.
Kitana, Kung Lao and Jax (possibly) coming back isn't anything new, IMO.

The cheating of death is a defining feature of Mortal Kombat, and has been for 23 years.

And it's a stupid thing that should have also died when Midway died.
Characters staying dead for 1 game isn't big deal, as has been proven before with Liu Kang (Deadly Alliance), Johnny Cage, Sonya and the other characters that have gone missing in 1 game.
Explaining this to you is like talking to a brick wall, though, as you want MK to stay stuck in 1995 and not progress with any new characters.

[MENTION=18074]Kickinwing420[/MENTION]

To me it depends on the character, if it was as random as Stryker and Sindel returning, I'd probably be weirded out right now as well.

But Kitana and Kung Lao have always been integral to the story. And I don't really find it a coincidence that these two happen to be the two dead characters to be revealed so far. If they are the ONLY dead characters that return, then it makes sense.

Does anyone remember the MK:A select screen? Did you notice that they grouped the characters in a specific order?

757623-931479_20061010_001.jpg

It goes: Ninjas (Green Background), Male Human Fighters (Blue Background), SPECIAL/STORY INTEGRAL CHARACTERS and KAF (Purple Background), Females, Monsters and Bosses (Pink Background).

Notice how Kung Lao is in the Purple Group, and not the Blue Group?

And I don't even need to explain how Kitana is a main feature in the story, but I will. Edenian Princess, and Liu Kang's love interest.

Last edited:
The thing is, we've already had these characters in MK9 (all 8 of them) and with this game, it looks like we can master it day one just by learning the same exact combos from MK9 (with universal moves, it's not that hard to adjust).

You're gonna be pretty surprised when you get your hands on the game haha. It plays a lot differently from mk9. I was used to how Sub Zero played. He was my secondary for quite some time. He is almost COMPLETELY different this time around. The whole inclusion of a run button changes everything. Also his strings are completely different. The same goes for the rest of the roster. If you're going into this expecting this to play exactly like MK9 you're going to be very surprised.

I understand users like [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] or [MENTION=18074]Kickinwing420[/MENTION] are really dissapointed, but guys, it´s your fault, you decided to imagine NRS will cut down all their iconic characters and only bring unpopular post MK3 ones, or totally new ones... No-one said so.... So please refrain your comments when the game is being awesome...

False.
It's Steve Beran's fault for saying that they cleaned the slate with the dead characters in MK9, to make room for new characters in MKX.
Don't try to spin that shit on me.
As for my opinions, I will say whatever the hell I please and when I please, and I'm not going to shut up just because I have a different opinion.
F*** you, for telling people to shut up just because they don't agree with you.

[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION] I think your completely misunderstanding me.

I know Kitana was revealed because of her popularity. And even tho I think Kung Lao's popularity stems from his overpowered moves in MK9, I still get why he's in the game.

What I don't get is why they would have killed them in the first place. It all goes back to "nobody dies in MK".
I really, really, really thought that was going to change this time around. And sure, you could go on to say it's my fault for thinking that way. But can you blame me? After all the talk about "wiping the slate clean" and making way for new blood and this being the next generation Mortal Kombat...I don't know, I just expected that awful rule to die with the 3D era.

Why would they convince us they were wiping the slate clean, if they weren't? I'm not even angry right now, i'm confused.
You say it would get weird if Stryker and Sindel came back, but it really looks like they might. Sindel could come back and fight with the forces of light with her daughter (Boon mentioned relatives interacting with each other). And Stryker could easily join the Special Forces with Jax.

If they were just going to bring the dead back anyway, why kill them?
And what happened to Quan Chi's "army of dead warriors?". Did they say that in the trailer just to trick us?