Fire & Ice - Slight SPOILERS

Should NRS make Fire & Ice Next?

• Hell Yes!!! It Will Sell like Hotcakes!!!

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Nah, no more ninjas focus on someone else.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Just Let it Go! NRS won't do it, it's done and dusted, it's all about the kids Now.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Re: Fire & Ice - Slight SPOILERS

Well think of This, what did we have in mk1? Tell me what did we have? And now look on The roster and The variety of characters. You see they can come up with stuff, hell kuai liang and hanzo can act as "realm police" and solve conflicts between plenty of realms. There isn't just earthrealm, netherealm and outworld you know. They can also come up with characters and conflicts for them to face/handle. I don't know just throwing in some ideas there. And btw I'm a diehard Liu Kang fan, but I have no issues with other characters shining and being put into the spotlight.

Well, it just doesn't sound as fun, to me, though.
Scorpion and Sub-Zero being EarthRealm police?
It doesn't sound as interesting (to me), as them uniting to take down a common enemy, which is already done in MKX.

I'd honestly be more interested in a post-MKX action game with the Cassie/Jin/Jacqui/Takeda team.

God no, as much as I like Takeda that hypothetical game would suck ass. Sub-Zero and Scorpion are far more interesting and well known, there's too much "mythology" behind them that can be explored.

God no, as much as I like Takeda that hypothetical game would suck ass. Sub-Zero and Scorpion are far more interesting and well known, there's too much "mythology" behind them that can be explored.

I honestly find them deathly dull, particularly now that their storyline is resolved. Where would they go from here? It could be set earlier in the timeline, but I think we should be moving forward rather than backward.

Iv wanted a game like this for a very long time.

Id love to see a Shaddow of Mordor/Arkham style MK game with Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are far more interesting and well known, there's too much "mythology" behind them that can be explored.

Their conflict has been resolved, though, unless they go into the past and do a Mythologies HD remake.
Actually, now that I think about it, a Mythologies HD remake would make sense, considering some of the Mythologies related stuff in MKX:
- Final boss Shinnok being a demon
- Sareena
- The amulet which Bi-Han originally hunted down for Shinnok.
- Tremor as DLC

Their conflict has been resolved, though, unless they go into the past and do a Mythologies HD remake.
Actually, now that I think about it, a Mythologies HD remake would make sense, considering some of the Mythologies related stuff in MKX:
- Final boss Shinnok being a demon
- Sareena
- The amulet which Bi-Han originally hunted down for Shinnok.
- Tremor as DLC

That'd be great, but I just can't see them revisiting a game that was so critically hated.

It'd be nice to get some explanation of what's up with the amulet, though. Is it still a fake? Was that retconned out in this timeline?

That'd be great, but I just can't see them revisiting a game that was so critically hated.

I think you're confusing Mythologies with Special Forces, and that's my fault as I threw Tremor in there.
Tremor was in SF, not Mythologies. My bad.

Special Forces is the universally hated game by most "fans," not Mythologies.

I think you're confusing Mythologies with Special Forces, and that's my fault as I threw Tremor in there.
Tremor was in SF, not Mythologies. My bad.

Special Forces is the universally hated game by most "fans," not Mythologies.

Yeah, I meant by critics. I remember Mythologies being absolutely savaged in the gaming press when it came out.

Yeah, I meant by critics. I remember Mythologies being absolutely savaged in the gaming press when it came out.

Well, Mythologies is a really bad game. The graphics were okay for its time, but the gameplay and the overly cheezy live-action cutscenes were cringe-worthy. You had to push a button to turn... I mean, come on.

However, the lore we can pick from it is at least good. The story itself is nice, even if it was told really badly. Like making a kindergarden play out of Hamlet.

Well, Mythologies is a really bad game. The graphics were okay for its time, but the gameplay and the overly cheezy live-action cutscenes were cringe-worthy. You had to push a button to turn... I mean, come on.

However, the lore we can pick from it is at least good. The story itself is nice, even if it was told really badly. Like making a kindergarden play out of Hamlet.

I don't disagree. But I think they'd be hesitant to remake it after the drumming it took in the press. They had planned to make Mythologies its own series and had to pull the plug after one game.

I don't disagree. But I think they'd be hesitant to remake it after the drumming it took in the press. They had planned to make Mythologies its own series and had to pull the plug after one game.

It's funny, because Shaolin Monks is the other way around. It had great gameplay, was really fun to play, but the story was a really bad re-telling of the original story.

I'm sure NRS will get it right at some point. :p
I would love another adventure game, having updated gameplay of Shaolin Monks and a story that is canon... but I don't want Scorpion and Sub-Zero to be the main characters.

but I don't want Scorpion and Sub-Zero to be the main characters.

Can I get a hallelujah!

But seriously though, I have nothing against either Scorps or Subbie I just feel it's time to give other characters their time in the sun.
Granted I don't want a buddy cop feature between Stryker and Kabal, I'd prefer something which can develop the new timeline (storywise) because as it is, things need to be fleshed out and an adventure game is better suited for that than a fighting game. Just my two cents though.

I want a game centered on Kenshi and Ermac. The two have always been linked, especially if you look at the MKDA/MKD era. I would love to see them maybe take Ermac's MKX ending and maybe Kenshi/Takeda's MKX endings, and use those as a jumping off.

- Deal with Shao Kahn's soul being in Ermac
- Deal with Shang Tsung
- Maybe a chance for Ermac to return to "team good" via a very dark yet triumphant story. He's a tragic character. They are a tragic character. I miss the days of the Kenshi/Ermac bromance. Let's have it happen.
- Final boss could be a Kahn-soul wielding Shang Tsung
- Could help shed some more light on Kotal's reign, Reiko and Rain's plots etc.

Hmmm, storywise it would be tough.

Maybe it could be the quest to rescue Bi Han's soul once and for all.

Noob Saibot and Bi Han are now separate beings where Noob has joined forces with Havik and they have Bi Han's soul as a prisoner, the final boss could be a Noob Havik creation in the chaos realm.

Hanzo and Kuai Liang have to find a certain potion to bring back Bi Han's soul once they find him which is scattered through out realms but even before they have to find that they must navigate themselves between the netherrealm, outworld, earthrealm and chaosrealm finding allies including Sareena who can be a playable character at some point to aide them on their quest to save Bi Han.

Hanzo is seemingly reluctant but the ever benevolent Kuai is able to convince him. However, Hanzo has his own problems too, Havik is secretly trying to corrupt Hanzo’s mind with the lie that he can help him reunite with the souls of his wife and son but he must deliver Kuai Liang with the potion. The potion is actually not needed for Bi Han at all but is needed to steal the special essence that Kuai Liang has which they need to overthrow the netherrealm rulers which will then merge the chaosrealm and netherrealm and bring ultimate chaos between all realms.

Towards the end they rescue Bi Han but Kuai gets captured and Hanzo must work with Bi Han in the nether realm and chaos realm to save Kuai and Only Bi Han with Hanzo have the qualities to beating Noob-Havik once and for all which will finally free Bi-Han’s soul back to the earth realm. Naturally, Hanzo and Bi han have massive teething issues but must work towards saving Kuai. Scorpion is full of regret. He must reddem himself and save his friend with his old rival.

In the end Noob-Havik is killed but Kuai Liang dies, Bi Han is finally freed and vows to protect earthrealm no matter what with his old rival and new friend Hanzo which paves way for MK11. Scorpion is rewarded with a chance to see his family in the heavens...briefly.

I’m sure there’s a few holes there and things can be better with more thought into details, I'm just really spit balling here but something in that direction could work well.

Last edited:

It'd be nice to get some explanation of what's up with the amulet, though. Is it still a fake? Was that retconned out in this timeline?

People didn't hate the story nor Sub-Zero in that game, but the limited gameplay and obsolete technology (even back then) used on the game.