Female characters. How some see them VS Reality

ThatRandomGuy42

sexallity__really__by_brokenteapot-d3ft588.png

Ahem. Yes.

Credit to BrokenTeapot.

Ha - yeah well it's not like NRS isn't trying to push our buttons...Kitana literally gyrates as if she's having sex with the invisible man, and the way Mileena moves is just plain perverted. Jade's pole dancing isn't exactly subtle. I find Kitana's alternate costume camel toe pretty amusing as well...NRS really has an eye for detail... And when any of the female character's get damaged enough they might as well not be wearing anything up top. Not that I'm complaining...

No problem with MK 2011 girls, I like them the way they are : sexy, whores appearance, with perverted delicious look, huge boobs, athletic long legs, showing lots of skin, and being sexual objects ..... I'm not hypocrite.

Mileena is the only character who acts "sexy" ("Was it good for you") and she's the one with the scary teeth alien face. Is it subverting anything? Probably not. It's funny though.

I pay attention to feminist stuff and gender issues, however, Mortal Kombat gets a free pass from me because it's stupid to the extreme. Sonya for instance, yeah, noone in real life would wear the kind of stuff she does, but she's never once "sexy" in the story mode or any of her gameplay. She's just a badass soldier chick. Also, if anything, Mortal Kombat is a fun social experiment. If the cries against some skin showing is louder than the cries against people getting gutted by hooks or pulled in half screaming then I think the accusers priorities are way out of whack.

I use Kitana a lot. I have never seen her act intentionally sexy. Every character in every fighting game ever kind of gyrates back and forth when they're just standing around. She gives a wink at the camera when she wins, that's about it.

Watch Kitana's movements when she's just standing there and tell me she isn't acting sexy - she may as well be having sex...again, not that I mind.

That's her stance. It meshes well with her fighting style too. What you interpret her stance to look like is your ideas and opinions, but it's a perverted one. It's not like they are standing like that for long though. If they are, you must suck lol

Watch Kitana's movements when she's just standing there and tell me she isn't acting sexy - she may as well be having sex...again, not that I mind.

i noticed this as well... the way she moves her as5 while standing still lol. especially when her back is facing the camera (LT/L2 to switch stance)

That's her stance. It meshes well with her fighting style too. What you interpret her stance to look like is your ideas and opinions, but it's a perverted one. It's not like they are standing like that for long though. If they are, you must suck lol

Please...this was no accident. Believe what you want but sex sells and NRS knows this very well. This may be flying under your radar, but it couldn't be more obvious to me. It's not my "ideas or opinions" it's a fact.

No problem with MK 2011 girls, I like them the way they are : sexy, whores appearance, with perverted delicious look, huge boobs, athletic long legs, showing lots of skin, and being sexual objects ..... I'm not hypocrite.

I wish they were designed on a more case by case base:

Mileena should be done up like this; her character has her acting the way she does and dressing the way she does because of her face being so hideous. I likey Mileena's first and second costume.

Skarlet gains power through contact with blood, and I don't know if her cloths are included in that. So, less cloths = more skin = more surface area = greater power. So her being dressed the way her primary is makes sense.

Kitana has less of a reason to dress the way she does; she's a princess Ninja. While I don't think she should be in flowing robes, I think my favorite costume of hers has to be MK vs DCU's; it was Ninja like, revealed some skin, but not enough to make it bad.

Sindel, won't go there, don't care too much about her. Still, you would think a queen would be wearing much more than that.

Jade, her dress makes NO sense; she's a bodyguard, you would think she would be wearing alot more protective gear.

Sonya makes as much sense as Jade; she's a military operative, should be actually wearing something instead of her floaties.

All I'm saying.

I posted this in a different thread yesterday but I'll post it here too.

Character's like Skarlet, Kitana, Mileena, Jade etc I have no real problem with them dressing skimpy. I allways felt Edenian women were supposed to be beautiful and had no problem wearing clothes a bit more revealing than that of your standard Earthrealm girl. I also figured Shao Kahn would require his female warriors and assassins to dress revealingly to distract their male opponents or targets as well for his own amusement. The only female that dresses like a stripper and has no business doing so is Sonya. She's supposed to be Special Ops and supposed to be dignified so you'd think she'd at least button her vest all the way up or have a shirt on underneith.

I posted this in a different thread yesterday but I'll post it here too.

Character's like Skarlet, Kitana, Mileena, Jade etc I have no real problem with them dressing skimpy. I allways felt Edenian women were supposed to be beautiful and had no problem wearing clothes a bit more revealing than that of your standard Earthrealm girl. I also figured Shao Kahn would require his female warriors and assassins to dress revealingly to distract their male opponents or targets as well for his own amusement. The only female that dresses like a stripper and has no business doing so is Sonya. She's supposed to be Special Ops and supposed to be dignified so you'd think she'd at least button her vest all the way up or have a shirt on underneith.

Sheeva with a skirt?

That mental picure will give me nightmares... *shriver*

Also your argument about edenians is pretty good, except for one thing, Skarlet is not edenian :p