Ermac Thread - "We are Many, You are but One!"

What bothers me in Ermac is that he his arguably the worst character when it comes to wake-up attacks. It is a nightmare to fight rush-down characters :/

are you serious?!? his wake ups are awesome..

quan chi arguably has the worse wake ups..

are you serious?!? his wake ups are awesome..

quan chi arguably has the worse wake ups..
I was still finding out Ermac, but you have to be careful because most people who fight Ermac and rush him down just wait you to do a lift and they just block and lift is severly punished, hence why I said that back then.

Fox, good idea, I will upload an avatar with a picture of me since I don't have anything to hide :p

I actually put up the sub-zero icon. Anyway I am going to see what's up. Try some more mixups. Ermac's mixup game melee is not to good. Ideas about the matchups between noob , scorpion, Kung loa the clones and black hole mixups with newb, the tracking fire move from scorpion, Kung loa low hat spam. You jumping is baiting you into a spin crazy hand to hand combat. Also throwing it out there ideas vs quan chi.

i just wanna say i think that ermac's up-circle, medium hit it a most awesome and most underutilized move.

Ermac is and always will be to me a hermaphrodite it's a body filled with souls both male and female and yeah that's all I have to say to this confusing to use character

Ermac is and always will be to me a hermaphrodite it's a body filled with souls both male and female and yeah that's all I have to say to this confusing to use character

Umm you know hermaphrodites technically have male and female genitalia right? I doubt souls give you genitals... He's always been my main since umk, but awhile back I jokingly thought I liked him so much because he was the character most likely to be mixed race like me lol.

Anyway I think Ermac is one of the LEAST confusing characters as far as how he's intended to be used.

Since everyone apparently is trolling today my suspicions on Ermac are correct he is defineyly like a mid tier chatactor he lacks the tools to be top teir seeing as how his hand to hand combat is so bad. His zoning isn't even like as good as people that have better zoning and mixs ups. So they nerfed his op damage yes I am talking about it yes it was op and needed the nerf. However you know what makes a good char they get nerfed and they are still good. Perfect Legends Kung Lao Nuff said. Pretty soon noob is going to be a better pick. Johnny Cage still amazing. I pray for the day sheeva does not get some broken buff . Making her better than Ermac. Also I don't care what you guys say teleport buttslam is not a true mixup. This is all.. Comments ...

Like it's so bad because people can literally just block high and eat the lows because there is no fear while crouching his best options are his literally up+4 or throw. He has nothing to force bait or even trick you to get hit. Even if you manage to start a combo they already have breaker. Lui kang is a bad matchup I am convinced.

Like it's so bad because people can literally just block high and eat the lows because there is no fear while crouching his best options are his literally up+4 or throw. He has nothing to force bait or even trick you to get hit. Even if you manage to start a combo they already have breaker. Lui kang is a bad matchup I am convinced.

You really just play this game with such a 2-D mindset don't you
He has an unblockable move that can mixup to a tele and a AA blast... not to mention another unblockable move that you can combo off of
He has his Forward+4 Back+2 to knock them away and to begin his zoning game
He can bait with his Levitate or his B+2
Crouching can be punish with jump in punches which lead into combos
If you think he has bad zoning then you don't use him correctly/know how to use his tools
PL won not because he chose KL, but because that is the only character he uses and he has stuck with it since day 1
He was not op before

The best thing to do after levitate is to cancel it and do b,f,1 immediately. Once they catch up you can start throwing buttslams or cancel with the airfireball to mind**** them.

And as far as F4 goes... don't EVER follow it with B2. F4 it is such a great move on it's own. It leaves the opponent standing and you have so much advantage on hit that you can do another mix up.

You really just play this game with such a 2-D mindset don't you
He has an unblockable move that can mixup to a tele and a AA blast... not to mention another unblockable move that you can combo off of
He has his Forward+4 Back+2 to knock them away and to begin his zoning game
He can bait with his Levitate or his B+2
Crouching can be punish with jump in punches which lead into combos
If you think he has bad zoning then you don't use him correctly/know how to use his tools
PL won not because he chose KL, but because that is the only character he uses and he has stuck with it since day 1
He was not op before

So when your pushing these people away that zone better than you and have better projectiles then your saying your wanting to be chipped out. But wait there's more. There projectiles are safe at full screen. So you thinking to teleport is really saying please block and push me hard. So I can then lose to someone with better mixups and zones better. Also the buttslam cancel into port or push people can hear you doing it especially on a stick. I swear lift should be able to pick up crouching people blocking. Have sone overhead property.

Yeah...just...no. He definitely needs a few more tools up close, but not that. When they got rid of the 2,2 string I didn't really care at first, but now I can't stand that they did.

Ermac has some all right resets like the B+2 one after Lift, JK but any smart player will murder Ermac after they pick up on it.

Don't get me wrong though, he still can hang up there with some of the best characters but he's definitely got some flaws that get punished in a big way.

Some flaws? Anyone that can out zone him with okay mixup owns him point blank. Hence why he was no where to be found in the top 8 at evo or even top 10 not even top 20 which is just bad.

I didn't read the whole thread, but i think i have a few combos for the Ermaniacs. I listed the combos by hits and then by damage. X-Ray Combos are marked in bold.

3 hit combo, 15% damage: B+3, 4, Force Port
4 hit combo, 22% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Push
4 hit combo, 25% damage: B+2, B+1, Telepush
5 hit combo, 17% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, Force Ball
5 hit combo, 23% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, Uppercut
6 hit combo, 20% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, Force Push
6 hit combo, 21% damage: 1, 2, Telelift, Force Ball
6 hit combo, 22% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, F+4, B+2,
the lower kick will not hit the enemy, but the high kick and roundhouse punch.
6 hit combo, 24% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, F+4, B+2,
6 hit combo, 26% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Lift, Force Push
7 hit combo, 23% damage: 1, 2, Telelift, Force Push
7 hit combo, 24% damage: B+3, 4, Teleport, Force Lift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 24% damage: F+1, 1, 4, Telelift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 28% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 43% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, X-Ray
7 hit combo, 49% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Lift, X-Ray

8 hit combo, 26% damage: B+3, 4, Teleport, Force Lift, Force Push
8 hit combo, 34% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, Telepush
8 hit combo, 41% damage: F+1, 1, 4, Force lift, X-Ray
9 hit combo, 50% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, X-Ray

I didn't read the whole thread, but i think i have a few combos for the Ermaniacs. I listed the combos by hits and then by damage. X-Ray Combos are marked in bold.

3 hit combo, 15% damage: B+3, 4, Force Port
4 hit combo, 22% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Push
4 hit combo, 25% damage: B+2, B+1, Telepush
5 hit combo, 17% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, Force Ball
5 hit combo, 23% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, Uppercut
6 hit combo, 20% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, Force Push
6 hit combo, 21% damage: 1, 2, Telelift, Force Ball
6 hit combo, 22% damage: 1, 2, Force Lift, F+4, B+2,
6 hit combo, 24% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, F+4, B+2,
6 hit combo, 26% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Lift, Force Push
7 hit combo, 23% damage: 1, 2, Telelift, Force Push
7 hit combo, 24% damage: B+3, 4, Teleport, Force Lift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 24% damage: F+1, 1, 4, Telelift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 28% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, Force Ball
7 hit combo, 43% damage: 3, 1, Force Lift, X-Ray
7 hit combo, 49% damage: B+2, B+1, Force Lift, X-Ray

8 hit combo, 26% damage: B+3, 4, Teleport, Force Lift, Force Push
8 hit combo, 34% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, Telepush
8 hit combo, 41% damage: F+1, 1, 4, Force lift, X-Ray
9 hit combo, 50% damage: B+1, 1, 4, Force lift, X-Ray

Mostly off a a lift. People do jk, port combos. here some examples of what i mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9hto1oWEOI&feature=player_detailpage