Ed Boon: "Guest characters very likely"

I personally am not a fan of guest characters in games, Soulcalibur being the biggest offender here with Darth Vader, Yoda, and Starkiller in SC4 (mostly to promote The Force Unleashed) and Ezio Auditore in SC5 (again to promote AC:Revelations.

HOWEVER, if within the context of the game they make sense and possibly help the story (unlike the examples above, Freddy and Kratos on the roster does), then I'd be a little more lenient on their inclusion.

As long as it's only DLC, that's fine. I don't know who the hell it would have to be for me to want to buy them though. Mumm-ra or Skeletor would be cool, but that's not really violent enough for MK. I have a feeling that it will be something stupid. Julliet Starling, Frankenstein's Monster or something equally dumb.

I'm not a fan of guest characters either, but if its DLC I don't care. If you don't want them, don't download them.

Yes.
Thank you.
This is my point.

As DLC, they could put the Easter Bunny for all I care.
NRS should just make the compatibility pack mandatory for online use, and everyone wins.

It's NRS' game and they won't cater to everybody's wants and needs, but we do have a voice and they do hear it. If I recall correctly, Rain was brought in due to popular demand?

Exactly.

This. Scorpion in Injustice ruined the game more so than Freddy in MK9. Freddy at least fit in (Although, I don't like guest characters, because I feel it's taking away MK being its own thing.) But MK Kombatants do NOT fit in DC at all. But back on topic, it looks like we're getting guest characters, if we like it or not. I still say Predator.

No guest character has the power to ruin a game unless given a vital role within the story. Scorpion was not a part of the Injustice story as Freddy and Kratos were not part of the MK9 story.

I don't mind guest characters. I wasn't crazy for Kratos but he fit Mortal Kombat well. So that didn't bother me so much. I absolutely loved Freddy though. They should make an option to lock them from ladder mode for the people who can't stand guests. Also, guests/dlc are entirely extra after they're done with the MK roster. The most important thing is they need to make good choices.

Please, Predator for guest character.

This. Scorpion in Injustice ruined the game more so than Freddy in MK9. Freddy at least fit in (Although, I don't like guest characters, because I feel it's taking away MK being its own thing.) But MK Kombatants do NOT fit in DC at all. But back on topic, it looks like we're getting guest characters, if we like it or not. I still say Predator.

Out of curiousity why don't you think Scorpian does not fit in Injustice , I mean the guy is colorful enough and his powers are over the top to fit into the DC universe

On Topic, guest characters love them or hate them they bring new fans and lots of money, I personally don't see a problem with guest characters if at MAX we get 2 or 3 if more then the game becomes what Tarkathan Trash said MUGEN so personally yay to guest characters but keep them at a minimum also do you guys think that Dio Brando would become a good guest character

Last edited:
Well, maybe this thread will not affect NRS decisions, but nobody gets hurt for us to share our opinion. Maybe the solution, i mean, the most convincent, is having that guest or guests characters as DLC and those who want to buy 'em or it do, and those who don't like me, just don't. As long as they never have effect on the story, i can accept it :/

Out of curiousity why don't you think Scorpian does not fit in Injustice , I mean the guy is colorful enough and his powers are over the top to fit into the DC universe

On Topic, guest characters love them or hate them they bring new fans and lots of money, I personally don't see a problem with guest characters if at MAX we get 2 or 3 if more then the game becomes what Tarkathan Trash said MUGEN so personally yay to guest characters but keep them at a minimum also do you guys think that Dio Brando would become a good guest character

Wow, I totally wrote my comment in the most dumb, out of context way. I MEANT to say that he ruined a spot for some other character more than Freddy. MK9 was based more on MK1-3, so the logical thing is to have MK1-3 Kombatants, and focus more on 3D era characters in MKX. Scorpion was put in place of HUNDREDS of other amazing DCU characters that could have had a well deserved spot. Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Animal Man, Amazo, Ra's Al Ghul, Deadshot, Black Manta, the list goes on and on.

Wow, I totally wrote my comment in the most dumb, out of context way. I MEANT to say that he ruined a spot for some other character more than Freddy. MK9 was based more on MK1-3, so the logical thing is to have MK1-3 Kombatants, and focus more on 3D era characters in MKX. Scorpion was put in place of HUNDREDS of other amazing DCU characters that could have had a well deserved spot. Swamp Thing, John Constantine, Animal Man, Amazo, Ra's Al Ghul, Deadshot, Black Manta, the list goes on and on.

Oh I see what you mean, it would be pretty damn awesome for John Constantine to be playable in Injustice

Dio Brando is bloody awesome and brutal, but I don't think that Anime styled characters fit in fighting games.... however, he is in the Jojo fighting games if you really want to pay a fighting game as him

Oh I see what you mean, it would be pretty damn awesome for John Constantine to be playable in Injustice

I know, right? John is one of my favorite characters in DC, and I hope he makes it into Injustice 2.

Back on topic again, though. No one is really going to win this debate. It's opinion vs opinion, and everyone will have something to back up their opinion. Best thing to do is just move on. Like everyone else is saying, you don't have to download them, and they don't effect the story. Hell, I don't even have anything to complain about on the subject anymore.

I know, right? John is one of my favorite characters in DC, and I hope he makes it into Injustice 2.

Back on topic again, though. No one is really going to win this debate. It's opinion vs opinion, and everyone will have something to back up their opinion. Best thing to do is just move on. Like everyone else is saying, you don't have to download them, and they don't effect the story. Hell, I don't even have anything to complain about on the subject anymore.

..but MY opinion is fact. :hello:

I don't think that's the solution to the problem - the main issue is that they take a valuable spot of a MK character - Fujin was possibly cut from MK9 DLC because of Freddy. It triggers the whole: *Insert a character name* could have been in instead of...

My personal view on this is, I love MK and I am buying MK games to enjoy Mortal Kombat characters, if I wanted to play as Kratos I would play God of War. If they have to put guests characters in, which they most certainly will, at least make it a choice like Freddy Krueger, do NOT put him/her on the main roster.

Odoslané z iPhone pomocou Tapatalk

absolutely, and, i totally understand that, but, fact of the matter is, we can't really do much about it. they will put in who they want to put in. we basically (for the most part) will just have to deal with it. if you can't change something, there is no point in spending time being angry over it. i hate jax, so, i don't play as jax. it's basically all we can do is just avoid the characters we don't like as much as we can. it sucks when characters we like don't make it in, but, what can you do.

I think we can all understand this issue. On the up side of it, scorpion sold the best and that means there's a lot of Mortal Kombat fans out there.

I don't think guest characters can ruin the game. They'd be unlikely to feature in the story mode and that's what I care about most. Plus, there seems to be a lot of buzz this time around for Spawn or the Predator, both of whom I think would be rad. I'd also like to see Kain or Raziel, imagine!

I'm hoping that NRS takes the opportunity to include Spawn in this game as a business move with MacFarlane Toys for some pretty sick statues and figures.

With the 3 variations thing in this game he could have cape/chain combos, magical blast specials, and a gun-focused variation.

Of course, this is just wishful thinking but it'd be pretty awesome to see Spawn demonstrate EVERYTHING he's capable of in a game where he's NOT restricted to swinging a damn axe around like Soul Calibur II, (which I know EVERYONE is going to mention to shoot down my idea but eh)