Earliest Gaming Memory

drapture17

My earliest memory is putting together a frankenstein Atari 2600 with my cousins and playing Space Invaders in my little black and white TV way, way back. Also, I can't forget my old GameBoy and playing Dr. Mario, Tetris and F1 Race. Definitely brings back a smile to my face and greatly define a huge part of my childhood.

playing sonic and some tasmanian devil game on sega lmfao

although the most memorable would be when my parents brought home a PS1 when it first came out and i got to stay up late and play crash bandicoot!

I got a Sega Genesis when I was six because I had to get my tonsils out and my parents felt bad. I got to eat ice cream and play Sonic 2 for a week.

I miss being six.

River Raid 2 for the Atari was the very first game I ever played otherwise I dont really remember any of the other up until Mortal Kombat and Turok- which is awsome and needs a nice redo for this gen I think

Turok is an awesome game! I thought I was the only one that remembered it. I can still remember reading about it in the old EGM mags.

Lol Do you remember all the sweet pictures and stuff they had for it too! Lol I remember collecting every image I could of Turok and Turok 2

Playing Super Mario Bros. at my grandmother's house (she owned the NES :shock:) and failing horribly at it.

I had my hand stuck in a car door so all my fingers had been crushed (no, they are not deformed, they are normal, just needed ice and they were dented from the door...and I lost an entire nail, it was gross) so I sat there and played my atari 2600 with a HUGE ice pack on my hand.

Good times.

Playing Super Mario Bros. at my grandmother's house (she owned the NES :shock:) and failing horribly at it.

Lol this reminds me! My grandmother owned the nes and she had a couple Castlevania games and I used to always try and beat the levels with her but I could never get past the begining and she can beat all of the no sweat even to this day! lol but you make her play a 3 demensional game(not 3d 3d) and all she can do is run the character around in circles its funny stuff!

Lol Do you remember all the sweet pictures and stuff they had for it too! Lol I remember collecting every image I could of Turok and Turok 2

I did that too, I had a bunch of the collectible inserts they had in the magazines. I think I had a few of the MK characters as well.

I had my hand stuck in a car door so all my fingers had been crushed (no, they are not deformed, they are normal, just needed ice and they were dented from the door...and I lost an entire nail, it was gross) so I sat there and played my atari 2600 with a HUGE ice pack on my hand.

Good times.

You're a badass Jade, what can I say. I miss my atari.

Mortal kombat on sega genesis was actually my first game. I was around 5 when I played it, my older brother had just gotten a sega genesis for christmas and that was the only game we had for a long time.

Around 5 years old, I was playing my first video game, the beloved MKII, at my cousins house on his sega genesis. I was Liu Kang and I did my first uppercut. I love it.

My earliest memory was of 2 games and I'm not even sure what kind of system it was. It was a computer that had a tape deck hooked up to it and we had 2 games. On was called Poo Yan (I think it was called). You played a pig that would move up and down on the right side of the screen and shoot arrows at wolves the fell from the sky holding balloons and the other was called face maker, a sort of virtual Mr. Potato head. Games on cassette, kinda crazy :)

EDIT: I think it was Commodor 64
pooyan.jpg

Last edited:
My first experience experience with video games was with the Intellivision. It had a numerical button layout and directional disk instead of the control pad we take for granted today. A laminated overlay was slipped over the numerical buttons to show the controls. Some footage of the games I remember.

However, I didn't play all that often. It wasn't until the Super Nes did get hooked. Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario World being my first games on that console.

Last edited: