Durak in MK Rebirth?

Killer Ryno

So i was reading up on IGN and saw an article on mk rebirth (http://tv.ign.com/articles/114/1145684p1.html)

And it says that one of the confirmed characters is durak, im not entirely sure on this but isnt durak goro's brother or something? and if he is why would they put durak in the series instead of goro? Is there something im missing here? Anyways who would you guys prefer in the web series, goro or durak and why?

There butchering the back storys anyway so why not call the four armed guy Goro. If they don't it will confuse people.

Yeah when I saw Durak's name I also was like wtf... I am not gonna comment until we know whats good with that, but if he is a replacement for Goro, I will be mega pissed.

So i was reading up on IGN and saw an article on mk rebirth (http://tv.ign.com/articles/114/1145684p1.html)

And it says that one of the confirmed characters is durak, im not entirely sure on this but isnt durak goro's brother or something? and if he is why would they put durak in the series instead of goro? Is there something im missing here? Anyways who would you guys prefer in the web series, goro or durak and why?

Yes, Durak is Goro's older brother and to be honest, even though Id much rather see Goro, I have a feeling that the webseries is going to be some sort of setup for a feature length MK film. If the series does well and receives good reception from the community, than Im pretty sure that WB will give the greenlight for a film to be made, where Goro might appear in that ;)

Yes, Durak is Goro's older brother and to be honest, even though Id much rather see Goro, I have a feeling that the webseries is going to be some sort of setup for a feature length MK film. If the series does well and receives good reception from the community, than Im pretty sure that WB will give the greenlight for a film to be made, where Goro might appear in that ;)

From my understanding there already is a new MK movie in production

Remember though, nobody said that Goro isn't in it. No reason to speculate on who isn't in the thing. Especially considering it's an alternate reality storyline.

im really curious of how they're gonna do a four armed guy realistictly and make people take it seriously. This whole premise is gonna be interesting to see how they pull it off. Hopefully they have a big enough budget to make good, gory fight scenes at least but story wise I don't have much faith though.

im really curious of how they're gonna do a four armed guy realistictly and make people take it seriously. This whole premise is gonna be interesting to see how they pull it off. Hopefully they have a big enough budget to make good, gory fight scenes at least but story wise I don't have much faith though.

well if you can remember trmk had that contest to see who could make the best mk rebirth style goro story and some of them were pretty good

I really hope this doesn't spawn a movie. This is fine as a web series... But as a movie? No way. It's too far from it's original source to be a movie. It would give people the wrong idea.

People need to let go of the Devastation thing. It's not happening. It has been "in the works" for so many ****ing years.

The next MK film (if any) will be a reboot.

I really hope this doesn't spawn a movie. This is fine as a web series... But as a movie? No way. It's too far from it's original source to be a movie. It would give people the wrong idea.

WB wouldn't give a crap if people didn't get the right idea about the true/canon MK story...as long as the movie made money....but I also hope it doesn't spawn one.

Remember though, nobody said that Goro isn't in it. No reason to speculate on who isn't in the thing. Especially considering it's an alternate reality storyline.

Well said :)

That MK wiki write up is 5 years outdated. IMDB also states the movie will be out in 2013, but who the heck knows..at least it mentions the WB and threshold contract disputes ;)

I think personally this web series reboot isn't going to be the basis of the new movie(fingers crossed). WB is either going to or not, but hopefully with the positive response and the amount of interest its generating they would be silly not to consider it. I have friends who could care less about MK:'( But loved the reboot trailer. So it will get a lot of response outside of the MK community also

well if you can remember trmk had that contest to see who could make the best mk rebirth style goro story and some of them were pretty good

I gotta check those out. Like I said before though, hopefully WB gave them a big enough budget to pull it off on screen. Since its a web series, I have some worries with it. Either way I'm happy to see something that has to do with live action mortal kombat but if they do a real movie, hopefully they stick with the game's storyline. This spring is gonna be sweeeeet!

In regards to Ricochetmatt saying that the series is gonna be too far from the actual source, well I read Mortal Kombat Online's article about WB confirming the series and it says that the series is ditching the reimagined pitch and is going with something more true to the actual MK Universe. Here's the article if you wanna read it guys:

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=1338
EDIT:
You beat me to it Taj. LOL

Yeah, I was glad to hear that too.
Good to see that they're sticking to the cannon of the MK universe.
I was happier than a pig in shit, when I heard that news.

Last edited:
i think the whole mess with the rebirth idea is kinda bad...not that it'd fail commercialy, its just that it won't be appealing much to older audience of classic MK games and movies...this is what it sounds to me...