Does anyones Gamestop have a midnight release for MKX?

MKXGoon101

Mine is releasing at 9:01 PST (I'm in Washington state) on Monday the 13th. But I was wondering if anyone elses is doing something similar?

Unfortunately not. Canada's EB Games don't do Midnight releases unless it involves a heavily anticipated/hyped FPS like COD, Halo, Destiny, Battlefield, etc.

As well as my £20 voucher, this is the reason I opted for a digital release. No standing in a queue in the rain; I'll be sat by the fire unlocking Meat and Blaze. :p

The one in the Columbia Mall is giving away with free t-shirts to the people who go to the midnight release.

To my surprise, my local Gamestop is doing it. They have poster ads all over the store, but I didn't expect them to get enough pre-orders for it. Fortunately, I am wrong. :)

I'm unsure if the one I pre-ordered is doing a midnight release for Mortal Kombat X. I doubt it is but I might ask.

The only midnight releases I've ever done were for World of Warcraft, Pokemon (some color?) and Diablo 3.

One time the nearest mall was attempting to do a costume contest for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. Not a single person dressed up. There were like only ten of us.

The one in my city is having a tournament at 12:01 EST apparently. They keep advertising how people will be able to sample the game by having a tournament and they're going to give a prize away to the winner of the tournament. They're actually doing the 'tournament' release in 2 cities to my knowledge. One in New Orleans, Louisiana, and one where I live. It's actually a great gimmick, lol.

I love Gamestop midnight releases.. The one in my small town has great people working there. They go out of their way to make it fun, and the manager usually walks to the Wal-Mart next door to buy drinks/snacks for everyone there, all on his own dime. Last year during the Call of Duty release they had a DJ and a taco truck right outside.. I've got nothing but good things to say about Gamestop.

Anyways, yes, the store here is having a midnight release lol.

I love Gamestop midnight releases.. The one in my small town has great people working there. They go out of their way to make it fun, and the manager usually walks to the Wal-Mart next door to buy drinks/snacks for everyone there, all on his own dime. Last year during the Call of Duty release they had a DJ and a taco truck right outside.. I've got nothing but good things to say about Gamestop.

Anyways, yes, the store here is having a midnight release lol.
Sounds like a great guy. You do well to support them by buying stuff there. You wouldn't get anything like that here.

Yes, I'm picking up the game at 9pm Monday. :)

They're gonna have a tournament too, but I don't know the details. Prizes, they say, even for simply participating. What could they possibly be? Anybody ever been to a Gamestop tourney? I'm expecting Kold War Scorpion, since it seems to be Gamestop's thing.