Costco Canada lists MKX Release Date DECEMBER 2015

Taj Gill

Taking this with a grain of salt... I was just browsing the COSTCO CANADA website for Xbox One stuff because I'm looking to buy one soon, and I stumbled upon this:

Untitled.jpg

I'm calling bullshit, but if it's projected to be this late, that's really going to suck...

It's the same date on Amazon, so I'm not going to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be but isn't December usually a placeholder month until the release date is confirmed?
I also don't see MK X taking that long (Dec. 2015) to release.

If we have to wait that long they might as well say it releases in 2016, :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a placeholder date.
Since the game has an unspecified 2015 release, they put it that way, or even Dec 31, as a worst case scenario, just to be safe.
This kind of game, where you have to keep the hype alive with periodic releases of stuff, is not the type of game you announce a year and a half before launch.

For the record:
MK9: Announced June 10, 2010 - Released April 19, 2011 - Delta = 10 months
Injustice: Announced May 31, 2012 - Released April 16, 2013 - Delta = 11 months
MKX: Announced June 2, 2014

Do the math. My bet is on April-May 2015.

Last edited:
It will probably be released sooner rather than later. Either way, there should be enough time to help me decide whether or not to "upgrade" to a newer console.

It is a placeholder date.
Since the game has an unspecified 2015 release, they put it that way, or even Dec 31, as a worst case scenario, just to be safe.
This kind of game, where you have to keep the hype alive with periodic releases of stuff, is not the type of game you announce a year and a half before launch.

For the record:
MK9: Announced June 10, 2010 - Releaed April 19, 2011 - Delta = 10 months
Injustice: Announced May 31, 2012 - April 16, 2013 - Delta = 11 months

Also, all movie, video game, and non-theatrical movie releases in the US fall on a Tuesday. If the placeholder date doesn't fall on a Tuesday (or whatever day of the week games usually get released in your home country), then don't take the date at face value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Also, all movie, video game, and non-theatrical movie releases in the US fall on a Tuesday. If the placeholder date doesn't fall on a Tuesday (or whatever day of the week games usually get released in your home country), then don't take the date at face value.
Now that's an interesting one.
I didn't know that.
I know it won't be enforced 100% of the time, but it did work out for a couple releases I checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Friday in the UK.

I know you were just talking about the US but that was just for any lurkers in the thread.

Seems like the general consensus that it is indeed a placeholder. Tbh, I only posted this because it gave something to talk about lol, it really is getting bland with the lack of reveals.

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...ombat+x&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

If you follow this link, you can see that Walmart using March 2015 as a placeholder.

What is even more interesting that the Xbox 360 and the PS4 version has 03/01/2015 as the date given, but the PS3 version has 03/31/2015 which is a Tuesday actually.

What worries me though is Batman - Arkham Knight. Rumors say that it will be released 02/24/2015. But WB Games has another project on that day, The Witcher 3. There are whispers about a January release, but if it is pushed further back, I highly doubt that WB will want to release those blockbusters close to one another. I found numerous articles with a March 2015 release date for MKX that could be the originally scheduled release month but if Rocksteady hold Arkham Knight back for long that could be a blow for MKX and us...

And one more thing: someone who pre-ordered MKX from Amazon asked Boon about the 12/31/2015 release date and he replied that is not legit. Gamestop however informed customers who pre-ordered it there that MKX is scheduled to ship in October 2015. Brace yourselves...

Last edited:
MK9: Announced June 10, 2010 - Released April 19, 2011 - Delta = 10 months
Injustice: Announced May 31, 2012 - Released April 16, 2013 - Delta = 11 months

My guess (according to MK9 and Injustice previous release dates) is mid-April 2015.
Pretty much what I said, isn't it? :)

I'll go a step further: both MK9 and Injustice and MK9 were released on the third tuesday of April, so I'll go for April 14, 2015.
Not a day sooner, not a day later.

Last edited:
Sorry. Kinda hard to tell the tone.
It seems like people just want to argue with me on anything I write, these days.