Compatibility pack #4.

Which pair of MK3 Characters will be in Costume Pack #4?

• Sub-Zero

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Reptile

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Ermac

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 73 47.1%
  • I don't think they will use another pair of palette swaps.

Votes: 42 27.1%

• Total voters
Don't get me too excited.:) But honestly if they did a DLC pack that costs money again I think they'd include all of the UMK3 ninjas.

They do?? Up until the Kitana & Jade pack people seemed pretty cool about it.

Well, I generalized. Let me write this again:

I (and I think many people think the same way as I do) don't want all ninja characters to have 5 costumes while some classic fighters only have 2. Come on, I know it's free, but it seems pointless to make 3 classic skins that look almost exactly the same for a strict number of fighters on this game. :/

Well guys, I'm telling you what I'm thinking it will be the 4th compatibility pack.

FACTS:

1. All the compatibility packs had a pair of clones whose are palette swaps.
Pack 1: Cyber Ninjas
Pack 2: MK2 Male Ninjas
Pack 3: MK2 Female Ninjas

2. None of the compatibility packs have repeated any kind of costume, but they are only creating costumes of ninja palette swaps, so we should discard the following:

MK1 Ninjas (Costume Pack #1)
MK2 Male Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #2. Sub-zero, Scorpion, Reptile surely will be in a new Costume Pack because they are pretty popular)
MK2 Female Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #3. Mileena will be in another costume pack, maybe the same that will include the remaining MK2 Male Ninjas, Skarlet also is a posibility but Boon does not seem eager to add hers.)
MK3 Female Ninjas. (All included in Costume Pack #1)
MK3 Cyber Ninjas (Compatibility Pack #1).

CONCLUSION:

The only possibility remaining of bringing some new costumes and use the palette swap trend is one.

Compatibility pack #3 will include a pair of MK3 Male Ninjas.

Noob and Smoke already appeared in a Compatibility Pack, Rain is a DLC (the costumes must be playable for everyone), so the only ones that could be included here are: Sub-Zero (Classic and masked), Scorpion, Ermac and Reptile.

Subby and Scorpion are way too popular so I think they will be downloadable using some cash.

My bet is: Reptile and Ermac, UMK3 suits, in Compatibility Pack#4

What do you think?

Your logic is sound. I agree with it. And I'd love that pair of costumes.

I see the next Compatibility Pack klassics as MK3 Cyber Smoke and MK3 unmasked Sub Zero for Cyber Sub Zero, after that the 2nd Klassic Pack will have MK2 outfits for Scorpion, Reptile, Sub Zero, and Mileena and an MK3 Cyber Outfit for Cyber Sub Zero, and for the 3rd Klassic Pack will have UMK3 Scorpion, Sub Zero, Ermac, Rain, Noob, Smoke, Reptile, and an MK2 outfit for Skarlet (doubtful about the last one)

They do?? Up until the Kitana & Jade pack people seemed pretty cool about it.

Lol people are only being biotches about Kitana and Jade because they got another set of klassics. :) Now they have 4 costumes like Mileena. Even before the game was out, everyone already knew that the 3 female ninjas were gonna have more costumes than everyone else so I don't see what all the complaining is about.

As for DLC pack #4 I think it'll be Scorpion and Subzero. They're the most popular characters and this'll be the last DLC pack for a while and of course it'll be pallet swaps. Anyone who thinks that it'll be anyone other than a ninja is delusional. All the suits have been for them because they are the most liked and used character in MK and again it's easy to do a pallet swap.

Im pretty sure down the line we'll see costume packs for everyone else which we'll probably have to pay 5 bucks for which is really reasonable. I'd definitely pay for like an UMK3 suit pack for everyone.

I see the next Compatibility Pack klassics as MK3 Cyber Smoke and MK3 unmasked Sub Zero for Cyber Sub Zero, after that the 2nd Klassic Pack will have MK2 outfits for Scorpion, Reptile, Sub Zero, and Mileena and an MK3 Cyber Outfit for Cyber Sub Zero, and for the 3rd Klassic Pack will have UMK3 Scorpion, Sub Zero, Ermac, Rain, Noob, Smoke, Reptile, and an MK2 outfit for Skarlet (doubtful about the last one)

I could careless about MK2s because theyre pretty much MK1s. I want UMK3s to be honest.

And dont count on a UMK3 for CSZ since he wasnt actually in the game.

i would not be suprised if its a ninja pack they just have to spend a day or an hour making it on the computer change the color and bam two costumes i think the unique people are gonna cost us in future klassic outfit packs

I disagree with both Wraiths. I mean how could they not do UMK3 ninjas next?? I'm not even just saying that because I main one of them, but c'mon. The only two I could maybe see them doing is Sonya & Jax. I just can't imagine why they'd spend the time to do two completely separate characters when easily the UMK3 ninjas would get way more usage.

My bet is: Reptile and Ermac, UMK3 suits, in Compatibility Pack#4

Damn, you beat me to this post. I figured out the same thing, and I'm 100% sure this is going to be it. With you all the way on this.

Reptile & Ermac do make sense together as they are both Kahn's warriors, and I think that says something about who the DLC will be also. Just like Jade & Kitana fit with Rain as Edenian warriors (I believe I was the first to call that one here), Reptile and Ermac will fit with...Reiko. I'm sticking to that.

Last edited:
Sub-Zero and Scorpion will be the perfect way to end this cycle of free klassic skins. Hopefully MK2, but I won't mind if they're UMK3. And **** the rest. Don't cara for costumes for characters that I don't use that much.

I disagree with both Wraiths. I mean how could they not do UMK3 ninjas next?? I'm not even just saying that because I main one of them, but c'mon. The only two I could maybe see them doing is Sonya & Jax. I just can't imagine why they'd spend the time to do two completely separate characters when easily the UMK3 ninjas would get way more usage.

Don't get me wrong, the costume I most desperately want is Reptile's UMK3, but I simply don't see it coming in the next compatibility pack.

Don't get me too excited.:) But honestly if they did a DLC pack that costs money again I think they'd include all of the UMK3 ninjas.

Exactly This. NRS should release all of the UMK3 Costumes. Free or not, I would buy them for sure.

I just want Klassic MK costumes for the remaining Original 7

- Raiden (MK 1)
- Johnny Cage (MK 1)
- Kano (MK 1)
- Sonya (MK 3)
- Liu Kang (MK II)

Shit, if they sold an MK 1 Klassic costumes pack, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion with UMK3 skin.
They're doing pallete swaps (lazy?), first were the robots, then Smoke and Noob with MK2 skin and now the female ninjas.

So, think about it:
We have:
MK1 skins for the ninjas (Smoke and Noob are from MK2, Reptile was secret and Ermac was a rumor in MK1)
The female ninjas didn't were in MK1.
So now, we get MK2 female ninjas along with the Retro outfits from UMK3 (don't know about MK2 Mileena)
The missing skins are from MK3 Male Ninjas.

Any character of the poll could be. But, if they remain with the lazy-mode on, they will do a pallete swap for the "favorite-most used" characters in the game (or the Ed boon favorite ones).

I think later will get some brand-new skins like unmasked sub-zero, tsung mk2 or quan chi from mk4, but, as they are NEW skins, they will be released as non-free DLC

I'm hoping for anything that isn't going to be Male MK2 skins. I personally like Johnny Cage's MKT look a lot. Now, I doubt they would put it in anytime soon, but I'm not ruling it out. Back to Comp. Pack 4. I don't think they will be pallet swaps, just because Cyber Smoke isn't out and I think they'll release him and maybe someone else. I feel like they would release UMK3 ninjas in a huge pack that you can purchase. I'm sure Cyber Smoke would be out by then, so he would have his UMK3/MKT human skin as well in that pack. Don't really count on Cyber Sub Zero getting a MK3 cyber skin =\ he never existed until MK9 so.. Just don't get your hopes up. I hope if they do have a big pack that you can buy, it would include Rain's UMK3 outfit. He's my favorite ninja and my favorite outfit is the UMK3 one. But, who knows how that will work out..