Combo damage scaling in MK9

DiegoTKD

Do you think that there should be a combo damage scale system kinda like in ssf4?

100% damage for first and second hits of a combo.
80% damage for third hit.
70% damage for fourth hit.
60% damage for fifth hit.
50% damage for sixth hit.
40% damage for seventh hit.
30% damage for eighth hit.
20% damage for ninth hit.

you know how it works if u play ssf4

I'm sure there will be damage scaling and damage caps for combos in this game. I doubt you'll see any 100% damage combos in this game or infinite juggles.

Yeah seriously, that is a given. Even UMK3 had Kombo scaling, i dont see why they would eliminate it in this game.

There has to be combo scaling unless you want the first person to land a juggle to win the round. Add in a wall bounce and MK9 could be just like Tekken lol

There has to be combo scaling unless you want the first person to land a juggle to win the round. Add in a wall bounce and MK9 could be just like Tekken lol

LOLL Tekken 4's wall bounce was deadly. Thats what made it the worst game in the series :p.

:canabis::stoned:I am happy the have the damage scaling in this game, it kind of makes me wonder if I want to end with and X-Ray or rather us it by itself so it does more damage. I hate how in MKII an uppercut takes so much damage.

:canabis::stoned:I am happy the have the damage scaling in this game, it kind of makes me wonder if I want to end with and X-Ray or rather us it by itself so it does more damage. I hate how in MKII an uppercut takes so much damage.

Probably better not to use the X-Ray at all. Why use an X-Ray for 40-50% when you can use one bar of your meter for a launcher and take the same or more dmg? Only time I can imagine using an X-Ray is if I'm totally dominating someone and end up with a full meter and know my combo'd X-Ray will kill them.

Probably better not to use the X-Ray at all. Why use an X-Ray for 40-50% when you can use one bar of your meter for a launcher and take the same or more dmg? Only time I can imagine using an X-Ray is if I'm totally dominating someone and end up with a full meter and know my combo'd X-Ray will kill them.

In the one interview, Boon had said that the X-Ray should feel like a reward for building up your meter. It's definitely "icing on the cake" of a full round of ass-kicking. The only other time I'd use it, is if I'm getting smashed in a corner, and have to turn the tables fast.

It can be used as a desperation move for example, because it's easier to perform than high-level combos: you're getting dominated, in the meantime you save your super meter and then land a successful, cheap hit opening up for more combos or just to have a little chance of surviving.

It can be used as a desperation move for example, because it's easier to perform than high-level combos: you're getting dominated, in the meantime you save your super meter and then land a successful, cheap hit opening up for more combos or just to have a little chance of surviving.

Honestly, I'd rather have the 3 EX specials, or a breaker and one EX. The only way I'll be using X-Ray moves is if the proration on them isn't awful, and you can manage 100% combos with them (or near enough). Otherwise it just seems like a waste of meter, especially as I imagine most X-Rays will be quite punishable.

IMO, the X-Ray should only take about 10 to 15% damage, so that people don't abuse it.

o.0 Then there would be no reason to use it. Every video we've seen has been a demo pretty much. Infinite super bar to show the moves off.

You block the X-ray attack there out of super. Not sure who can combo into it so far. EX attacks will be too important to X-ray anyway, imo.

This is 2Scoops btw. ;)

Good to see ya 2Scoops. :-D

I just meant that it shouldn't do the 40 or 50% that we've seen in the demo versions.
Paolo Garcia did say that the the X-Ray in the demos had cheat codes put in to make them higher, but should be scaled down a bit, either way.
After some thinking, you're right, maybe 10 to 15% is TOO low for X-Ray.

What about 20 to 25%??
Thoughts?

Last edited:
The damage done by X-Rays are going to be like the Ultras in SSF4 I think. A few do just a little damage, a few deal out ungodly amounts of it, but most are somewhere in between.

The X-Rays are going to do damage probably between 12-15% and up to maybe 40%. I don't realistically expect high damage characters like Jax and especially Goro to deal out 15% X-Rays.