Character Pros and Cons

the k-man

This thread is for those who want to know the pros and cons of characters so if you know them please post them. They could be from your observations of the character or from what you have seen in guides. I can't think of any right now but I will add some later. the reason I am making this thread is I have wanted to know each characters pros and cons and have not found any decent ones or none at all so here you go.

Most of the Pros and cons of a character are in their gameplay threads, but they're really outdated.. <_<

Sektor

Pros: low hitbox, good zoning and offence, 8 frame ia tele, 6 frame jab, and good damage.

Cons: No wake up game, no armor

Most of the Pros and cons of a character are in their gameplay threads, but they're really outdated.. <_<

that is why I created this thread so people can put their pros and cons for a character so that way it is always updated.

that is why I created this thread so people can put their pros and cons for a character so that way it is always updated.

Most people wouldn't search for a thread like this. They would go to the character section, Kinda wish anyone could update the gameplay threads instead of the person who made it.

I am having trouble choosing a second main character to play as and my first main is Kung Luo. I do like Jade and Kitana but not enough to main them so I thought I would look to see what the pros and cons are for other characters but not all character threads have them and if they do well I haven't see it. so i thought it was nice to create this thread to help me and others who have trouble choosing.

Jade

Pros: Her attacks are pretty strong. Lovely X-Ray move with a decent amount of damage. Her Overhead Staff is useful to start a lot of combos (usually I follow it up with a double Glow Kick). Her enhanced Razorang attacks are also useful for combos and her enhanced Shadow Flash is really good because even though damage is being inflicted to her, she can still attack without falling down and being stunned.

Cons: Her moves are pretty slow. (Just find the right moment to attack. Block when needed.) It's also hard to do her X-Ray move by itself because it's so slow and predictable. (What I do for that is combo it up with "Bad Girl": BP, FK, F + BP or "Assassin Strikes" : B + FK, BP then press the X-Ray buttons.)

Kitana

Pros: Her fan combos are usually fast. Her X-Ray attack is useful when in long range. Her fan toss and her square wave butt attack are my favorite moves because they are so useful too.

Cons: There are times when she is slow. Her primary outfit in MK9 is the WORST!!! So I consider her UMK3 outfit as her primary outfit instead especially when I team her up with Jade (who's primary outfit I usually use).

Last edited:
I am having trouble choosing a second main character to play as and my first main is Kung Luo. I do like Jade and Kitana but not enough to main them so I thought I would look to see what the pros and cons are for other characters but not all character threads have them and if they do well I haven't see it. so i thought it was nice to create this thread to help me and others who have trouble choosing.

Kitana is indisputably better than Jade gameplay wisse.

I have always wondered if every character has a partner that in some form or other is like them complements them to perfection. like I've heard Sonya is like the female version of kung lao.

ok this is a little embarassing but ill ask anyway. what does it mean if someone im mk has "armor"?? obviously it doesnt mean that theyre wearing actual armor.

ok this is a little embarassing but ill ask anyway. what does it mean if someone im mk has "armor"?? obviously it doesnt mean that theyre wearing actual armor.

it means they can take a hit without the hit stopping their hit from coming out. they can absorb one hit. Some enhanced moves have this and all X rays have this.

so what are character that complement each other like Sonya and Jax I mean when I faced them in the challenge tower they were good. so who do you think goes with the other characters cause I'm not sure who goes with Kung Lao.

so what are character that complement each other like Sonya and Jax I mean when I faced them in the challenge tower they were good. so who do you think goes with the other characters cause I'm not sure who goes with Kung Lao.

If you're using a character who has great rushdown but can get zoned easily like Cage they'd need a partner who is good at zoning or can counter zoning like Noob or Smoke other than cases like that there really aren't many cases where characters do better with different characters.

Baraka

Pros:

- Completely destroys Kitana, her square wave can't get past his spin and his spark is faster than her fans. A SMART Raka can actually outzone Kitana.

-One of the best wake up games

- The best corner game

- Reset that leads into a 50/50 mixup, both leading to huge damage

-Some very safe normals/specials

-Blade Charge

-Sektor's best parner

Cons

- Little on the slow side,unless yiu know exactly how to use him