Call of Duty: BO 4th Map Pack

liukang234

Basically most of this is copied off of the treyarch website and the other part I posted in another conversation.

On the actual Map Pack:
CODBODLC4_large.jpg

"Lift off into the ultimate Zombies epic with Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection, and be the first to launch into space for a new dimension of undead action!

This all-Zombies content pack hurls players into orbit with "Moon," the climax to the Zombies saga, as well as the most challenging and thrilling adventure yet. The undead shift in and out of sight, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Undead astronauts easily shamble toward their next meal, unaffected by the base's fluctuating gravity.

Arm yourself with a space-age arsenal of epic proportions, including the Wave Gun, capable of cooking zombies from the inside out, as well as the Quantum Entanglement Device, which taps into the theories of quantum mechanics to bless (or curse!) your battle against the undead. Along with new equipment and an all-new Perk for thrice the zombie-slaying fun, you'll have the tools you need to turn back the undead tide once and for all.

In addition to the final chapter, Rezurrection also includes:

- Four re-mastered levels from Call of Duty: World at War: "Nacht der Untöten," "Verrückt," "Shi No Numa," and "Der Riese," where it all began.

- An enhanced Zombies soundtrack including, three tracks never before available for purchase.

- A new Zombies "Moon" theme.

Those of you that purchased the Black Ops Hardened or Prestige Editions and already own the four re-mastered maps, the other contents in the Rezurrection content pack will be free, including Moon, the soundtrack and the theme.

For players that haven't purchased the Hardened or Prestige Editions, Rezurrection will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points. To commemorate release, we'll be hosting Double XP over Labor Day weekend. The Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection downloadable content pack will launch worldwide, first on Xbox LIVE on August 23rd, 2011." -Treyarch

Now, while the New Wave gun seems interesting, I want to point something out on the QED.

"Quantim mechanics "describes the time evolution of physical systems via a mathematical structure called the wave function." which means using waves, it could warp time. Personally I think that means using it will either:
For Bless: create another clone of whoever used the QED to help fight
For Curse: Create a zombie version of the person who used the QED to destroy them.

Post in the thread on your thoughts of this map pack. Personally, my favorite part of Black Ops is zombies. Zombies can't hack and campaign just doesn't entertain me, so I'm very excited about this, and plan on buying it release date (the day before I have to go back to school, unfortunately :-( )

Spoiler:
"So here's the story. I used to be a game reviewer for IGN, so naturally, I got to play many games months before release. About a month before Ascension came out, I leaked some info on it on this forum. My boss let it go, but warned me that if it happened again, I would be fired. From that point on, I vowed to never do anything of the sort again. However, just yesterday, my boss told me that after revisiting the situation while in contact with Treyarch, he discovered that technically, I must be fired for this. So I was.

Now, that's ********, don't you think? To forgive someone for something and then punish them for it months later? So I'm gonna get back at Treyarch for this by leaking information on Moon. Unfortunately for Treyarch, I had the chance to play Moon before I was fired, so now I'm gonna leak a bunch of information on it, information that was supposed to be kept secret from the general gaming public until release. So, here goes nothing:

Let's start by talking about the new wonder weapon everyone's buzzing about: the Wave Gun. I've used this gun before, and I can safely say that you will love it. You shoot it at a crowd of zombies, and they literally puff up and explode. But that's not all this gun does. By pressing left on the d-pad, you can literally split the gun in half, resulting in two separate handheld guns, titled the Voltage Rays. You hold them one in each hand, and they shoot electricity, similar to the Wunderwaffe DG-2, however the Voltage Rays zap less zombies with each shot.

Another thing I want to tell you about is the new special grenade, the Quantam Entanglement Device. When you throw it, it creates a large, dome-shaped force field around it which zombies are seemingly magnetically pulled into, and everything you do to one zombie in the force field happens to all the others in it. For example, if you shoot one zombie, all the others will have a bullet hole in them as well. In the Intel, Treyarch said that along with blessing your battle, the Quantam Entanglement Device can also curse it, but from what I've seen, there are no negative effects of it. Guess I must be missing something.

Another thing you might be interested in knowing about is the new perk, Three-Gun Tequila. As you can probably guess from the title, this perk allows you to wield three weapons instead of the regular two. It costs 3,000 points to buy, its color is grey, and it symbol is a pistol with two phasing pistols stacked under it. If you get downed with this perk, you lose the weapon you were currently holding, but if you're revived and you buy the perk again, you get that weapon back.

The next thing I want to touch upon is the new special zombie, the Phasing Zombie. Similar to the Napalm Zombie and the Shrieker Zombie from Shangri-La, these zombies are fairly rare. But when they do appear, you're in trouble. They appear out of thin air, and you can see them for a moment, but then they become invisible. They don't appear again until they attack or they are shot at. However, if you pay close attention when they're invisible, you can see a kind of distortion where they are. Unfortunately, though, this is hard to see when there are zombies all around you.

Something many people may be excited about is the return of possibly the most popular weapon next to the Ray Gun and Wunderwaffe DG-2 in the original World at War Nazi Zombies: the PPSh-41. The PPSh-41 is just as good as ever and virtually unchanged from the World at War version, besides enhanced graphics and sounds. The quotes from the characters when they get this gun are very entertaining as well. For example, when Nikolai gets it, he sometimes says, "Ah, reminds me of the good old days!", and when Richtofen gets it, he sometimes says, "Hahaha! I love the PP!".

It may also be worth mentioning that you cannot leave the base for more than fifteen seconds seconds if you don't buy a space suit, which can be bought in multiple locations around the map for 1,000 points. When you die, you lose yours.

The last thing I'd like to mention is how you access the Pack-A-Punch machine on Moon. In the power room, there is a large teleporter. To turn it on, you must activate ten different switches scattered around the map. Once you do that, the teleporter turns on for thirty seconds. If you can make it there and teleport, you will end up in Area 51. Here there is a fairly wide open area with the Pack-A-Punch machine in the center. After a minute, you will be teleported back to the moon."

Now, while the guy can be lying, it sounds legit. This also disproves my theory for the QED.

Last edited:
Basically most of this is copied off of the treyarch website and the other part I posted in another conversation.

On the actual Map Pack:
CODBODLC4_large.jpg

"Lift off into the ultimate Zombies epic with Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection, and be the first to launch into space for a new dimension of undead action!

This all-Zombies content pack hurls players into orbit with "Moon," the climax to the Zombies saga, as well as the most challenging and thrilling adventure yet. The undead shift in and out of sight, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. Undead astronauts easily shamble toward their next meal, unaffected by the base's fluctuating gravity.

Arm yourself with a space-age arsenal of epic proportions, including the Wave Gun, capable of cooking zombies from the inside out, as well as the Quantum Entanglement Device, which taps into the theories of quantum mechanics to bless (or curse!) your battle against the undead. Along with new equipment and an all-new Perk for thrice the zombie-slaying fun, you'll have the tools you need to turn back the undead tide once and for all.

In addition to the final chapter, Rezurrection also includes:

- Four re-mastered levels from Call of Duty: World at War: "Nacht der Untöten," "Verrückt," "Shi No Numa," and "Der Riese," where it all began.

- An enhanced Zombies soundtrack including, three tracks never before available for purchase.

- A new Zombies "Moon" theme.

Those of you that purchased the Black Ops Hardened or Prestige Editions and already own the four re-mastered maps, the other contents in the Rezurrection content pack will be free, including Moon, the soundtrack and the theme.

For players that haven't purchased the Hardened or Prestige Editions, Rezurrection will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points. To commemorate release, we'll be hosting Double XP over Labor Day weekend. The Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection downloadable content pack will launch worldwide, first on Xbox LIVE on August 23rd, 2011." -Treyarch

Now, while the New Wave gun seems interesting, I want to point something out on the QED.

"Quantim mechanics "describes the time evolution of physical systems via a mathematical structure called the wave function." which means using waves, it could warp time. Personally I think that means using it will either:
For Bless: create another clone of whoever used the QED to help fight
For Curse: Create a zombie version of the person who used the QED to destroy them.

Post in the thread on your thoughts of this map pack. Personally, my favorite part of Black Ops is zombies. Zombies can't hack and campaign just doesn't entertain me, so I'm very excited about this, and plan on buying it release date (the day before I have to go back to school, unfortunately :-( )

IMO its a Last Fail attempt to Whore 15 bucks out of you Before the release of MW3, Because Face it Treyarch knows they made yet another Horrid CoD game... And most of the CoD are only worth playing on PC, And my friends wonder why i moved to fighters Like MK.

When I get back into my call of duty/zombies phase this pack is gonna be awesome cuz now I can just throw away world at war since all i care about are the zombies maps on there (I didnt waste my money on the better editions of black ops). Black Ops was a lot better than I had expected but I still think they should break off into two chains, Zombies and Modern Warfare lol. Either way I'm gettin it cuz I only bought black ops for zombies. MW3 I'll play for serious again. I just used my jackass class the whole time. Duel SMG's, tomohawk, C4, and duel magnums lol with all the fast perks. I really think the only time I was serious was for when I went for dogs. That's my favorite thing about black ops online. I love when my puppies come :)

Only Moon interests me, which is why I probably won't be buying this. I don't want to pay again for maps that I already have (albeit on a different game).

When I get back into my call of duty/zombies phase this pack is gonna be awesome cuz now I can just throw away world at war since all i care about are the zombies maps on there (I didnt waste my money on the better editions of black ops). Black Ops was a lot better than I had expected but I still think they should break off into two chains, Zombies and Modern Warfare lol. Either way I'm gettin it cuz I only bought black ops for zombies. MW3 I'll play for serious again. I just used my jackass class the whole time. Duel SMG's, tomohawk, C4, and duel magnums lol with all the fast perks. I really think the only time I was serious was for when I went for dogs. That's my favorite thing about black ops online. I love when my puppies come :)

Nice. When I go to multiplayer, I use ninja, ghost, and warlord, with whatever Assault Rifle and a launcher. As for the people who don't want Rezurrection cause they have WaW, Black Ops was one of the first games I got for my first Xbox 360, and I usually don't have money for games, so this was one of the first FPS shooters I've ever played, and I've come to love Zombies (Elena Siegman FTW!) so I'm excited for this.

Bump. Edited with the leaks so for any of the few of you who are interested, check it out.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not the guy who leaked it, but It's been everywhere

I love me some zombies and can't wait for this pack! Yeah it may be a high price, but at least the ps3 (the xbox might, I have no idea?) lets me do multiple downloads, so me and a buddy of mine can share the ones we bought (2 each) ^_^. I just wish they would release these packs on the same day as the xbox, but what can you do? haha...

*EDIT* Oh, and thank you liukang234 for the additional info on the map :D

I hope you don't get sued for that info man, but thx a lot. Just kinda sucks I have all the W@W maps in BO already so Moon will be one expensive map for me... anyways I get some music with it, lol and a theme... yeey (sarcasm's drippin' of)

I hope they make a combo pack with all the maps after MW3 comes out. I was really considering to get this game, since all my friends 'gasm over it. I just wasn't going to shell out 15 bucks for one pack, with four out. Paying 120 just to play a new game? Sorry, I'm not that interested. Maybe when the game goes to 40 bucks with a 20 buck price tag for all the maps under one piece of content, maybe then I will pick it up.