bored!

rocky

BANALITY
just got the demo, played around on it for 5 mins, got bored switched it off, none of the hits felt like they connect well, when you lay into someone the hits just dont feel satisfactory or painfull the charactors just bounce around like crash dummies :(

i also think the moves are a bit too easy, i did a bit of mindless button bashing with mileena and she was performing allsorts of crazy stabbing moves

not really impressed with this demo, all the hype was for nothing

OMG! don't speak this way!

Give it time my man, 5 minutes of any game is no where near enough time to give it a chance. The gameplay is different feeling at first but that is just because its new; but it is wonderful, give it more than 5 minutes.

The moves are easy - its the stringing them together that is challenging and creative. There is a lot there as far as depth!

Couple of things to remember too - the AI in this demo is HORRID! [ play with your friends if you can ] It will be fixed

and the code for the demo build is like what 11 weeks old now! Just keep that in your mind as youre trying it out!

I think the demo is incredible, though I do admit the AI is awful. Even on the hardest difficulty it's crazy easy.

just got the demo, played around on it for 5 mins, got bored switched it off.

That's your problem. Didn't give it a chance when you have no less than four characters to try out. Plus it's an old build. The fighters don't bounce around, if you're after exact realism by this comment then you're never going to get it in Mortal Kombat.

A mate of mine came over, we played through vs and the arcade ladder. He's never been a MK fan but now he can't wait for this game.

If I'm right the 'crazy stabbing' you were doing is just a two hit combo of back stab and her neck biting move, you wernt pulling off huge combo's even. Or it was just her X-Ray which is meant to be easy. In short I think you're over reacting.

just got the demo, played around on it for 5 mins, got bored switched it off, none of the hits felt like they connect well, when you lay into someone the hits just dont feel satisfactory or painfull the charactors just bounce around like crash dummies :(

i also think the moves are a bit too easy, i did a bit of mindless button bashing with mileena and she was performing allsorts of crazy stabbing moves

Here's some advice for you:

1) Contact NRS via e-mail with your complaints about the demo.

2) Don't buy the game if you feel this way.

All of this complaining is really bothersome to the TRMK members that are excited to play the full version of this game.

It has been available for 2 weeks now. Who the hell are you?

@rocky LOL
Are you serious?
You've made 545 posts here, most of them probably on the topic of this game, but got bored of playing it after 5 minutes?
Perfect example of how some members love to come here just to shit on and on.

its not the AI, the game its self feels heavy and stiff. movement plays a pretty vital role in a fighting game and if you dont dig the way it moves then your not going to commit to mastering anyone and likely stop playing and look for something else, all the charactors seem hunched over with awkward movements, especially the jump kicks, a lot of people were saying it plays like MK2 and UMK3 but i dont see that, im still playing it now but still bored with a lack of interest in learning anything deeper because the way the game plays is so stiff,

cage is the best by far in this demo he moves are more fluent like the ninjas should be or everyone for that matter, i dont get why the ninjas are so heavy and slow in this game, why is that theyre suposed to be ninjas!, so anyway ill keep plying with cage and hopefully the game will sink in and ill start to enjoy it more,

but as for now im not exactly spunkin in ma pants for the full game

how can you complain after playing this game for 5 minutes? have you even done a combo bigger then 5 hits?! i've been playing this demo for weeks and ive still only gotten good with JC and Sub, still suck with Mileena and Scorp, I just think its insanely unfair to judge a game when you've had 5 mins to play, but hey, if you dont like it thats fine with me, you are definatley in the minority there

dude, your using cage. he's like the easiest fighter to learn. there's your problem. try mileena. every fighter feels different and don't forget when you play online it's totally different. but if your gonna give up that easily, maybe your better off not getting it. The fighters are supposed to have a heavy feel to them. Mileena is the lightest and fastest but also has some intense combo's to learn and figure out.

@rocky LOL
Are you serious?
You've made 545 posts here, most of them probably on the topic of this game, but you only played it for 5 minutes?
Perfect example of how some members love to come here just to shit on and on.

huh?, im a huge MK fan i dont come on here to shit on and on for the hell of it, ive been following the new MK game religiously since the first trailer, i just got a ps3 and tv today costing me over £360 just to play the new MK, i tried the demo and didnt like it, the way it moves/feels/plays, i loved the look of the game and the return to 2D and whatnot but you can only get your final opinion by actually trying it out, and yeah 5 mins was all it took to realise how stiff and unfluent it is, the game plays like a ton of bricks imo

its not the AI, the game its self feels heavy and stiff. movement plays a pretty vital role in a fighting game and if you dont dig the way it moves then your not going to commit to mastering anyone and likely stop playing and look for something else, all the charactors seem hunched over with awkward movements, especially the jump kicks, a lot of people were saying it plays like MK2 and UMK3 but i dont see that, im still playing it now but still bored with a lack of interest in learning anything deeper because the way the game plays is so stiff,

cage is the best by far in this demo he moves are more fluent like the ninjas should be or everyone for that matter, i dont get why the ninjas are so heavy and slow in this game, why is that theyre suposed to be ninjas!, so anyway ill keep plying with cage and hopefully the game will sink in and ill start to enjoy it more,

but as for now im not exactly spunkin in ma pants for the full game

First of all lemme say I know it is your opinion and you can feel however you want to feel about it but i just have a hard time understanding some of the stuff you are saying.

the game plays heavy and stiff... WHAAAAt!?

The first thing i said when i played like the VERY FIRST words out of my mouth were "damn this game feels nice and light, and fluid" I dunno man, i dunno how to respond...

But saying it plays like a ton of bricks seems way misleading... because it is very fast paced, the controls respond well and the characters move quick.... dunno man all i can recommend is that you play it with some of your friends;

Are the Ninjas slower than Johnny Cage... Yeah... but that is what I expected because Johnny Cage should be fast and Scorp and Subzero do ALOT more dmg per hit...

Johnny Cage does like 9-11 hits for 28%
Subzero does like 4-6 hits for 28%

Give it time I guess; because this game really is amazing!

Again Im not trying to bash your opinion or anything because its yours, i just hope you give the game some more time :-D

Last edited:
its sad to hear that from you, seems you will not gonna buy it and enjoy it, you better then return to MVC3 if you looking for CRAZY LIGHT FAST game, i wish you good luck.

/whipser Thats damage scaling, try basic three hit combo's and use that to compair.

scaled or not, it doesn't matter; it still takes less hits to do more dmg with subzero and scorpion than johnny cage...

here:
Johnny Cage 3 hits for 10%
SubZero 3 hits for 18%

better?

Or

Johnny Cage 3 hits for 14%
Subzero 2 hits for 16%

or

Subzero 7 hits for 33%
Johnny Cage 7 hits for 19%

need i go on ?

mileena, scorpion, and subzero are real close in dmg; Johnny Cage does less dmg but is MUCH faster

Last edited:
scaled or not, it doesn't matter it still takes less hits to do more dmg with subzero and scorpion than johnny cage...

here:
Johnny Cage 3 hits for 10%
SubZero 3 hits for 18%

better?

Or

Johnny Cage 3 hits for 14%
Subzero 2 hits for 16%

It actually does matter, my 13 hits with Mileena do less damage then my 5 hit with Mileena, all I was saying was if your going to do it, do it right attempting to be as nice as possible, no need to get your fruit of the looms in a bunch.

It actually does matter, my 13 hits with Mileena do less damage then my 5 hit with Mileena, all I was saying was if your going to do it, do it right attempting to be as nice as possible, no need to get your fruit of the looms in a bunch.

Nothing In a bunch here;

Im just trying to show you that; yeah the dmg is scaled... but that doesn't have anything to do with the amount of dmg per hit a character does.

Now the Xrays are what are REALLY REALLY scaled! Big time Mileenas xray does 33%dmg on its own, but if you add it to a combo it might add only like 10%dmg

And I highly doubt your 13 hit does less than your 5 hit;

i do 11 hit combos with mileena that do 44-54% dmg, without the xray; - i have yet to see a 5 hit combo that does that much; much less if i was doing 13 hit; with any character...

Just going off my experiences though, and not trying to sound like an ass, just pushing my point [sorry]

(i +rep you since i seemed like i was being a jerk)

Last edited:
Nothing In a bunch here;

Im just trying to show you that; yeah the dmg is scaled... but that doesn't have anything to do with the amount of dmg per hit a character does.

Now the Xrays are what are REALLY REALLY scaled! Big time Mileenas xray does 33%dmg on its own, but if you add it to a combo it might add only like 10%dmg

And I highly doubt your 13 hit does less than your 5 hit;

i do 11 hit combos with mileena that do 44-54% dmg, without the xray; - i have yet to see a 5 hit combo that does that much; much less if i was doing 13 hit; with any character...

Just going off my experiences though, and not trying to sound like an ass, just pushing my point [sorry]

Dont get me mistaken I know what you were saying and while absolutly true the appropiate way to present the information is by making it as simple as possible IE the three punches.

I wasnt including x-rays being tossed onto the end of the combo's but your right, also I had posted (somewhere) a week or so ago that if you delay adding your x-ray onto the end of your combo (just a split second) it doesnt count it (numerically) into the combo anymore but still scales down the damage.

I had some fun playing around with how much it gets scaled down per # of hits.

On your 11 hit are you using her pop up (x2) to start it or starting it with punches or kicks? I was more refering to starting it with punches since that what we were talking about.