boon is hinting bout challenge tower dlc . .

psn:camiluz

i saw this tweets this afternoon looks like were going to get challenge tower DLC soon. .

RT @shankdaddy880 @noobde Ed, Challenge tower was so much fun! DLC challenges would ROCK! Noobde: hmmmm....

Our exec producer (Shaun Himmerick) sent me an email during development suggesting we have more challenges for DLC. Was he right?

RT @Insider2000 @noobde Make the sequel have 600 challenges. =D Noobde: Our original goal was 600-1000 challenges! What were we thinking?

RT @blinkforman23 I already completed the Challenge Tower! Reply or RT? :) Noobde: Damn! We should have made it 600 challenges! ;)

so yeah expect challenge tower dlc in the future :bird:

If Boon and his team spent half the time fixing the many bugs and glitches in the game instead of tweeting about more stuff people can buy we'd all be better off

i didnt want to believe it, but i knew mk was too good to be true.i knew there would be something wrong with this game.and the online play just kinda ruins this game for me.why bother practicing in training mode when you cant do combos online.theres no point to get good at this game unless you go to tournaments.and now it seems nrs is turning into just another greedy company like crapcom.they refuse to respond to the lag issues but love to talk about all the dlc and dumbshit they want to sell us.instead of fixing the game.or patching glitches.

The two things I agreed with the most is the button configuration issues and the fact that you can't fight against your own recording to see if certain things you do will be effective or not. What NRS needs to do is put a Ghost Mode in the game, kinda like Tekken 6's because that would be real helpful for people who want to perfect their skills.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Phasellus laoreet, elit nec imperdiet ultrices, ligula enim venenatis eros, non maximus est mauris sit amet tellus. Sed ultricies risus tristique convallis elementum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sit amet auctor lacus, a consequat neque. Aliquam non nunc finibus, posuere dui non, fermentum purus. Morbi condimentum sem eu magna varius tincidunt. Nam a quam enim. Sed non purus a purus dignissim ultricies id ac libero. Aliquam id risus ornare eros auctor vehicula. Suspendisse vitae augue enim. Nam tincidunt malesuada risus et consequat.

Last edited:
i didnt want to believe it, but i knew mk was too good to be true.i knew there would be something wrong with this game.and the online play just kinda ruins this game for me.why bother practicing in training mode when you cant do combos online.theres no point to get good at this game unless you go to tournaments.and now it seems nrs is turning into just another greedy company like crapcom.they refuse to respond to the lag issues but love to talk about all the dlc and dumbshit they want to sell us.instead of fixing the game.or patching glitches.

Are you serious? Theres no point in getting better at the game unless you play at tournaments? Im not a tournament player and I want to get better so I can play online. I play these games for fun. The game has only been out FOR A WEEK! These fixes wont happen overnight. Within the next 2-3 months im sure all of this will be taken care of

Its Mortal Kombat FFS. Some people are expecting this to be as balanced and polished as a MVC2 or Street Fighter. This is Mortal Kombats first serious go around and trying to appeal to a tournament crowd. Cut them some slack.

1. I dont change my buttons so I cant comment on that

2. Button changes in the player select screen..... uhhh No. When has a fighting game ever done that?

3. Full screen Thing.... Are you really that lazy where you cant press the back or select button again?

4. Dont use practice mode so I cant comment

2. Did you fully listen to the video? I dont think you've ever watched a fighting game tournament but having to change your button then test it out then finally start the match is very time consuming. It would be a lot easier to have it down at the character select screen then start the match. This is for the tournament players since Boon aimed for a tournament scene for MK9 unlike his previous titles.

3. You know there are other people other than you that have different views.

I'm assuming that you dont know the website that I linked to other wise you wouldnt have made this post.

Last edited:
2. Did you fully listen to the video? I dont think you've ever watched a fighting game tournament but having to change your button then test it out then finally start the match is very time consuming. It would be a lot easier to have it down at the character select screen then start the match. This is for tournament players since Boon aimed for a tournament scene for MK9 unlike his previous titles.

3. You know there are other people other than you that have different views.

I'm assuming that you dont know the website that I linked to other wise you wouldnt have made this post.

Yes they wanted MK9 to be a more competitive fighter but they didnt aim it solely at tournament players. It was a game for the fans first and foremost and with tournament aspects to bring in new players.

I know there are other people that have a different view than me but that doesnt change the fact that all you have to do is simply extend your finger or thumb over the select button and press it again. takes like half a second.

and I do know about Shoruken... but im still allowed to speak my mind about it.

Oh my goodnes no.... please no more challenge tower! who are these people that had fun with it? the thing gets repetitive, annoying, and the reward sucks. why add to it? I would love more fatalities... and less lag.. thats it.

Hey Natedoggcata (I'm not sure what that means, but my screen name doesn't make sense either).

I'm on the same page in the sense that I'm a bit offended when people act like you don't matter unless you're training for a tournament. I don't play online and I'm sick of comments that say something to the effect that if you're not playing online you're not playing the game right (and those comments are mostly on SRK). I come from the arcade scene where sometimes you actually had to physically maneuver yourself (shove/push) to have your space to play against some random guy (I didn't see any females playing MK back then -- not being sexist). It sounds like the online is pretty poor at this point anyway, but it irks me that some people dismiss the single player options as pointless fluff. By the way, I once fought against a guy who was dressed somewhere between Kung Lao and Depeche Mode -- it was pretty cool (he had the hat, but thankfully it wasn't razor sharp).

On the topic -- I would love to see more Challenge Tower levels. I'm still a little below 200 at this point, but I'd like to see more challenges (and not Test Your Might... bring on the carpal tunnel syndrome!) As far as Boon's tweets go, they should all be taken with a huge grain of salt. The guy trolls his fans as much as Ono trolls the SF followers. I have respect for the guy, along with a lot of complaints.

As for button configs, I play on a Madcatz SFIV TE stick and I was wondering how I would do the layout and I was surprised that the default layout worked out really well for me (block with my pinky finger). And this is coming from an old school guy used to the arcade layout...

Hey Natedoggcata (I'm not sure what that means, but my screen name doesn't make sense either).

I'm on the same page in the sense that I'm a bit offended when people act like you don't matter unless you're training for a tournament. I don't play online and I'm sick of comments that say something to the effect that if you're not playing online you're not playing the game right (and those comments are mostly on SRK). I come from the arcade scene where sometimes you actually had to physically maneuver yourself (shove/push) to have your space to play against some random guy (I didn't see any females playing MK back then -- not being sexist). It sounds like the online is pretty poor at this point anyway, but it irks me that some people dismiss the single player options as pointless fluff. By the way, I once fought against a guy who was dressed somewhere between Kung Lao and Depeche Mode -- it was pretty cool (he had the hat, but thankfully it wasn't razor sharp).

I feel the same way as both of you guys. Because I could care less about online or tournaments then I shouldn't be playing Mortal Kombat? Bull shit. I love the game, the characters, the stories, and everything about the series. I buy the game because I love the game. Just because I don't play online as much as others or because I don't play in tournaments doesn't mean my input isn't worth anything.

If Boon and his team spent half the time fixing the many bugs and glitches in the game instead of tweeting about more stuff people can buy we'd all be better off

This forum makes me laugh sometimes, just a couple of days ago people were complaining about him not tweeting at all (Over Easter) now he is tweeting too much!?