Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Bruzzrad

original.jpg

Looks like Ubisoft is doing it again. Another Assassin's Creed is on the way. I'm hoping this one will be a lot better, since AC3 was kind of mediocre in comparison to AC2 or Brotherhood. And since you're a pirate assassin, Ubisoft is focusing on more of the most successful part of AC3: the naval combat.

Me, being an Assassin's Creed fan, will surely get it. But what does everyone else think?

This is getting to be a little like Call of Duty now. I saw this the other day, and I'm not even a fan, but it annoys me that these games get announced so damn quickly.

I heard AC3 didn't live up to most people's expectations, so hopefully AC4 will, but the fact that they are announcing it so early gets me skeptical.

And pirates? Seriously? I know that they're running out of options, lol, but damn, I wish they'd choose something else. I have to play AC3 still, since I'm not a fan of the series, but I do love American history.

AC2 is still considered the prime of the series, but I wouldn't know, since AC1 was so bad, that I didn't try AC2. Then my friend let me borrow Brotherhood, and that was a mistake. I couldn't play it for more than a few hours. I think Ubisoft needs to chill, take their time, and create something exceptional.

Why did Dead Space 3 get a 9.75 out of 10? Because Dead Space 2 came out in the beginning of freakin' 2011!

This is getting to be A LOT like Call of Duty now. I saw this the other day, and I'm not even a fan, but it annoys me that these games get announced so damn quickly.

Fixed. 8)

While I 100% agree with you, I'd be a hypocrite to complain about this announcement being too soon, when at the same token, I would like some MGS 5 / Phantom Pain / Ground Zeroes news right about now.

And pirates? Seriously? I know that they're running out of options, lol, but damn, I wish they'd choose something else. I have to play AC3 still, since I'm not a fan of the series, but I do love American history.

Do you even know anything about the history of piracy? It's really quite fascinating... especially in the golden age back in the 1600s... or even earlier when it was basically Sir Francis Drake versus the world

Surprised to see you back.

Anyways, this is Ubisoft's cash cow. I wasn't The games look good and I love the music as well. However, these days, I can only play it in short bursts when I'm up for it.

Last edited:
I hate that it's coming out so soon, and they haven't even finished the DLC from AC3 yet lol.

On the positive side, the new Assassin apparently is Haytham's father, so that makes it that much more interesting to me. I wonder where they'll go story-wise w/ the present day story though.

There's supposed to be an official announcement on Monday, so we'll see what they'll release then.

Not hype now since they announced to a little early. But pirates? Will play, need to stretch my sea legs anyway

Do you even know anything about the history of piracy? It's really quite fascinating... especially in the golden age back in the 1600s... or even earlier when it was basically Sir Francis Drake versus the world

The golden age of piracy is now! Viva Somalia!

Christ, how many AC games are there? I played the first for about 10 mins. Nothing special since they seemed to be running this concept into the ground.

The golden age of piracy is now! Viva Somalia!

Somalian pirates we!

Ahem. Anyways.. Really wish they would've waited with this one.. And pirates seem like a lame period to move into. Would be much more in something either from feudal Japan
Or something.. Not so historic. Recent. Like 80s... Or something weird like that.
But then again... I'm not the biggest Assassin's Creed fan. But that's what I wanna see.

I really don't think this was a good idea on Ubisoft's part. They should have given this at least a year or two. The pirate era? Really? Assassin's aren't swashbucklers, they're hunting Templars. And Desmond's story is also over now (On a horrible note, might I add.) so what are they going to do with the present day story? Personally, I think they're just going to go overboard (lol) just because of the naval combat. They read AC3's reviews and they know naval combat got the most praise.

@Shira
This was getting like COD about 60 games ago.

I can't play AC for 20 minutes without starting to want to play something else.

Apparently, we're playing as Connor's father's father.... Which is fine with me, Haytham Kenway's father was actually an assassin. Haytham was being raised to be an assassin before Templars killed his father and kidnapped his sister. Then one of his father's friends (Who is actually a Templar.) takes Haytham under his wing.

So, in truth, this should still be called Assassin's Creed 3. It is just a huge background game. -_-

I think you mean decedent... unless there is some sort of time travel plot I'm not aware of, since I stayed away from the tomb raider/Indiana Jones rip off series.

"Uncharted 4: The Descendants of Francis Drake."
Or, "Assassin's Creed IV: The Ancestors of Nathan Drake" :laugh:

Ubisoft and Naughty Dog are sitting on a gold mine. :mullet:

I might pick it up just because Im a fan of the stories we dont see. I mean we know Conners dad was an Assassin turned Templar but Its different when you actually see ( if they put it in the game that is) Fan of the series so either way Im going to pick it up.