anyone here listen to "emo"?

hahhaahahahaha i know this topic might bring up some heated debate, so yeah i just wanna see what everyones feelings on this genre is, me i listen to emo , or something like it, but i dont like to classify my music by genre. i just stumbled upon some good indie emo a long time ago and liked it, but hey whats your feelings?

Oh man, you're gonna get lynched for this topic.

Personally, I hate whiney pussy music, although for me, that's pretty much anything that isn't death or thrash metal. If anyone out there is actually into emo because they truly enjoy and feel the music, as oppose to simply clinging to the latest musical trend, then hey, that's fine by me. It's just not my cup of tea, that's all.

Oh yeah, and everytime I hear an emo band on TV I want to scream and put my foot though the screen. But again, if you're really into it, that doesn't bother me. I know there are people here who can't stand my music, either.

DeathcoreRyknow said:

Personally, I hate whiney pussy music, although for me, that's pretty much anything that isn't death or thrash metal. If anyone out there is actually into emo because they truly enjoy and feel the musig, as oppose to simply clinging to the latest musical trend, then hey, that's fine by me. It's just not my cup of tea, that's all.

Oh yeah, and everytime I hear an emo band on TV I want to wcream and put my foot though the screen. But again, if you're really into it, that doesn't bother me. I know there are people here who can't stand my music, either.
You sir, are my hero.

Ethix said:
DeathcoreRyknow said:

Personally, I hate whiney pussy music, although for me, that's pretty much anything that isn't death or thrash metal. If anyone out there is actually into emo because they truly enjoy and feel the music, as oppose to simply clinging to the latest musical trend, then hey, that's fine by me. It's just not my cup of tea, that's all.

Oh yeah, and everytime I hear an emo band on TV I want to scream and put my foot though the screen. But again, if you're really into it, that doesn't bother me. I know there are people here who can't stand my music, either.
You sir, are my hero.

Agreed.

There's just something about a cult that bases itself on stealing younger sisters' jeans that bugs me. Not quite sure what it is, though 8)

Emo dies. Emo style dies. Emo kids.... ought to die. Wearing girls pants is for dumbshits. I dont feel like looking at another guys' Junk because he has bad taste in clothes.

Metal forever. Screw this. :evil:

most EMO stuff I hear is just plain horrible.
only two musical groups that I think are decent that have been related to EMO are Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu.
to me they seem at least listenable.
but if your thinking of all this The Used (tampon),and My Chemical Romance shit it just makes me want to hit people who follow that shit.
it's not that I hate those people,it's just it does that to me.
I hate that stuff almost as much as I hate some rap groups or rappers such as 50 cent.

I don't see Avenged Sevenfold as emo though or screamo. They are more of a hardcore rock band then that. Lyrics don't just make a band emo, most songs i write are conisdered emo by others but are sung with a punk attitude.

hahahhahahahaha !!!!! yes!!!!!!!! sorry bout that guys, i dont mean mtv emo such as, fall out boy, my chemical romance, the used,and ummmm..... any other one of those eyeliner wearing type mtv bands, yeah i dont really look for music on tv or radio anymore, but yeah i personally hate those fuckers, they really grind my gears, they make me look gay, just because there famous and they suck.
but yeah, but anyone listen to any of the independent lables? thaats were alot of the good bands are. but yeah i kinda knew i was fucking myself making a emo topic where most of the members listen to metal and shit. but yeah i guesse im the only one who listens to emo. im such a fag.

Ok, so this is going to help all of you who dont exactly know what emo is...
http://www.somethingdirectory.com/

Click on the "how to be emo" video.

Because yea, Atreyu isnt emo, A.S. isnt either.

There's just something about a cult that bases itself on stealing younger sisters' jeans that bugs me. Not quite sure what it is, though

That is actually just as much of a trend in certain types of hardcore as it is in emo...look at evergreen terrace, norma jean, or any retard with x's in their name on myspace.

Man I hate all the X's.

I hope I was mis-informed but people tell me that emo stands for emotional. I find that kinda gay because isn't almost all music emotional?

Yes 16 emo does stand for emotional >_>;;...I have to agree with DC, if your really into emo and you really like the music then by all means listen to it. But if you just listen to it because everyone else does and you wanna be a whiney little pussy like the rest of them then you should die. Like me for instance I like rap and hip hop..Not because alot of people do because I just seriously like the music..It's what i grew up with and its what i love..Hell i even rap sometimes 8) I'm probally gonna catch more heat for this the ILDR will for likeing emo...But thats besides the point..Because anyone could have grown up with their type of music..DC you could have grown up listening to early types of emo and end up likeing it...But like say you switch to it now..Your just being an asshole puppet with no personality..Thats just how I see it tho..

KiLlAcAm said:
Yes 16 emo does stand for emotional >_>;;...I have to agree with DC, if your really into emo and you really like the music then by all means listen to it. But if you just listen to it because everyone else does and you wanna be a whiney little pussy like the rest of them then you should die. Like me for instance I like rap and hip hop..Not because alot of people do because I just seriously like the music..It's what i grew up with and its what i love..Hell i even rap sometimes 8) I'm probally gonna catch more heat for this the ILDR will for likeing emo...But thats besides the point..Because anyone could have grown up with their type of music..DC you could have grown up listening to early types of emo and end up likeing it...But like say you switch to it now..Your just being an asshole puppet with no personality..Thats just how I see it tho..
haha aww set, i used to freestyle too, when i was in high school, i stopped listening to "emo" for a while and started llistening to some underground, and i was the man, baby, i used to shut down all the black kids that trained for years in freestyling, but ive stopped flowing scince then but hey, anyways, i dont like to call the shit on the radio emo, i call it whiney pop punk. but yeah, anyone listen to stuff from deep elm records? yo! check it out!

TeddyBluegrass said:
There's just something about a cult that bases itself on stealing younger sisters' jeans that bugs me. Not quite sure what it is, though

That is actually just as much of a trend in certain types of hardcore as it is in emo...look at evergreen terrace, norma jean, or any retard with x's in their name on myspace.

Yeah. Fashioncore is awesome. 8)

im_a_loner_dottie_a_rebel said:
KiLlAcAm said:
haha aww set, i used to freestyle too, when i was in high school, i stopped listening to "emo" for a while and started llistening to some underground, and i was the man, baby, i used to shut down all the black kids that trained for years in freestyling, but ive stopped flowing scince then but hey, anyways, i dont like to call the shit on the radio emo, i call it whiney pop punk. but yeah, anyone listen to stuff from deep elm records? yo! check it out!

Ehh...I'll stop flameing emo since you like jay and silent bob...They pwn...Also i've been freestyling since 9..So if you ever want one of the biggest chalenges of your life IM me :wink:

aahheemm, excuse me? woo boy, them theres be fightin words, well if you want a challenge, im here baby, but how the hell do you freestyle on the internet? thats a real challenge.

So... are you saying that you demand satisfaction? Well slap him in the face with a duelin' glove and let's get this thing on the road! *chanting* FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

DeathcoreRyknow said:
TeddyBluegrass said:

Yeah. Fashioncore is awesome. 8)

Oh god, let me tell you. Im the only one here from long island. NOBODY on this board really understands the amount of guys ive seen wearing girls pants. It was everywhere. However, fashion kids are dying out, the cool new thing is to wear mesh shorts and be tough. I know so many kids are like "what is hardcore?"

TeddyBluegrass said:
[quote="DeathcoreRyknow
Oh god, let me tell you. Im the only one here from long island. NOBODY on this board really understands the amount of guys ive seen wearing girls pants. It was everywhere. However, fashion kids are dying out, the cool new thing is to wear mesh shorts and be tough. I know so many kids are like "what is hardcore?"
fuckin girl pants? seriously? like pants made for girls? why?

Yes, yes I do like emo.

Saetia
City of Caterpillar
Jerome's Dream
Fugazi
Page. 99
Circle Takes the Square
Life at these Speeds
Combatwoundedveteran
Book of Dead Traitors
Antioch Arrow
Lickgoldensky
Braid
Corn on Macabre
Rites of Spring
Deadseraphim
Flesh Parade
Cobra Kai
Still Life
I Hate Myself

im_a_loner_dottie_a_rebel said:
TeddyBluegrass said:
[quote="DeathcoreRyknow
!@#$ girl pants? seriously? like pants made for girls? why?
I'd like to know if they're actually girl pants as well.cuz I wear kinda tight pants,not like really tight but ya know.like,not baggy at all (I hate baggy pants).
they are mens pants just so you know.