Anyone disappointed by the lack of color in the game?

natedoggcata

I know they want this game to be dark and gritty but I am really disappointed that all of the stages we have seen so far pretty much only have dark and grey colors. The characters have color but I want the backgrounds to have some color as well.

MKX_GamescomScreenshot_KanoRaiden.jpg

You have nothing to worry about.

How many stages have we seen like 4? Nice assumptions (sigh) -____-

We are finally getting a MK game that has a dark and gritty environment that we have been waiting for.... It hasn't been this dark since MK4.

If you want nice flashy vibrant colours..... Then play test your luck on MK9 and hope it lands on rainbow kombat.

I know they want this game to be dark and gritty but I am really disappointed that all of the stages we have seen so far pretty much only have dark and grey colors. The characters have color but I want the backgrounds to have some color as well.
You haven't been watching these reveals on a 1950s television, have you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hopefully things stay dark as we have seen so far and we have very little to no stages in earthrealm.....

There's colour, but they kinda fall flat in this game. It's not as visually stunning (colour wise) as MK9 was.
But hopefully that will change as the game is developed. ^^

Its not suppose to be as colorful as mk9, its supposed to look the way it looks, and it's fine.

The point with this thread is that not everyone thinks it's fine though.

Agreed here's a correction................"Everyone who wants this game to look dark, gloomy and gritty the way MK was always intended to be feels that it's fine"
This is Owtorld it isn't all rainbows and beautiful vibrant scenery.... Edenia is dead.

but don't worry the jungle stage won't be the only stage that has daylight lol

Agreed here's a correction................"Everyone who wants this game to look dark, gloomy and gritty the way MK was always intended to be feels that it's fine"
This is Owtorld it isn't all rainbows and beautiful vibrant scenery.... Edenia is dead.

but don't worry the jungle stage won't be the only stage that has daylight lol

MK9 didn't have Edenia either, yet all the stages (for the most part) had some beautiful and strong colours. Shang Tsung's Garden, The Pit, The Tower, The Netherrealm, The Soul Chamber, The Throne Room, etc etc etc...

Being dark and gritty does not have to mean being void of colour and beauty.

MK9 didn't have Edenia either, yet all the stages (for the most part) had some beautiful and strong colours. Shang Tsung's Garden, The Pit, The Tower, The Netherrealm, The Soul Chamber, The Throne Room, etc etc etc...

Being dark and gritty does not have to mean being void of colour and beauty.

You don't get it....This is the main reason why I and many others disliked some of the stages in MK9 they were way too bright it completely ruined the eerie atmosphere that was intended for specific stages.

You don't get it....This is the main reason why I and many others disliked some of the stages in MK9 they were way too bright it completely ruined the eerie atmosphere that was intended for specific stages.

Well, if you like earth-coloured filter that makes everything look muddy and "realistic", then MKX might be what you're looking for... and almost any PS3 title at the PS3's early days.

I think I should clarify. Im just disappointed that the stages we have shows so far only use blacks, greys, gold, browns.

If you look at the stages from MK9, the stages used those dark colors but had some bright ones as well. In my opinion, Outworld Marketplace is one of the most boring stages I have ever seen in a Mortal Kombat game.

I think I should clarify. Im just disappointed that the stages we have shows so far only use blacks, greys, gold, browns.

If you look at the stages from MK9, the stages used those dark colors but had some bright ones as well. In my opinion, Outworld Marketplace is one of the most boring stages I have ever seen in a Mortal Kombat game.

are u serious? I pick that stage over any of mk9, everything about this game looks great, keep the contrast down NRS, for what its worth at least the neon colors on the characters pop out more and im cool with that but not the whole stage.