Anybody regret paying for pre-order costumes???

I think nobody who did it, will come in public and admit it, hehe

But I know some cases of people buying multiple copies of the same game, in order to have all classic costumes

I knew since the beggining that Ed Boon would do something to make sure everyone could have access for these costumes, and bingo, here we go.

"Patience is a virtue", and "vanity is my favourite sin", hehe, are both good lessons ....

I would have paid 300 dollars, sold my soul, and given a Handy-J just for Cyrax and Sektor's MKIII alt.

But I know some cases of people buying multiple copies of the same game, in order to have all classic costumes

I knew since the beggining that Ed Boon would do something to make sure everyone could have access for these costumes, and bingo, here we go.

I've always thought that this was retarded, because as you said, NRS said that the Klassic costumes would be available to everyone eventually.
They mentioned it on twitter WAY back in January.

Meaning: Unlockable, Free DLC or Paid DLC

Even with Paid DLC, each Klassic Costume / Fatality comes out to about $0.70 each.
That's peanuts.

Last edited:
There were some people on here that said they can do whatever they want with their money, I still called them fools even before the game released.

I've always thought that this was retarded, because as you said, NRS said that the Klassic costumes would be available to everyone eventually.

Meaning: Unlockable, Free DLC or Paid DLC

Even with Paid DLC, each Klassic Costume / Fatality comes out to about $0.70 each.
That's peanuts.

yeap, you got the point, my friend.

The classics were promoted as exclusive, only to help to increase the special editions sales of this game, but, some naive people really believed/thought that they might be the only one having them online ? lol @ that

I was 100% sure that these costumes would be avaliable, and, they are coming even sooner than I expected .... and, for a very cheap price, so, we all have chance to use our favourite classic costume now.

I gonna support his DLC costume pack, to make NRS know that DLC is a good idea and they must keep coming with them.

yeap, you got the point, my friend.

The classics were promoted as exclusive, only to help to increase the special editions of this game, but, some naive people really believed that they might be the only one having them online ? lol @ that

I was 100% sure that these costumes would be avaliable, and, they are coming even sooner than I expected .... and, for a very cheap price, so, we all have chance to use our favourite classic costume now.

I gonna support his DLC costume pack, to make NRS know that DLC is a good idea and they must keep coming with them.

Well if you use one other than Scorpion or Ermac, it is kind of rare. I've only seen one other person than myself with Sub-Zero, two Mileenas, one Kitana, one Reptile, no Jades (I'm on 360).

I bought multiple copies of the game to get the ones I wanted. But I also sold the duplicate copies on kijiji as new minus the code for a little less than I paid new. Money well spent IMO.

As I won't be spending money to re-buy the rest of the game I already own, I have no regrets. :) Funny how one of the biggest complaints of the classic MKs, palette swaps, turns into a fantastic money grab 10 years later.

For the people who bought them in e-bay...
godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

I bought a spare copy of MK from Best Buy 3 weeks ago for Sub Zero's Klassic to complete the male ninja collection. I got it on sale for $50, traded it in to GS for close to $40 during their latest trade in deal. So, no, I don't regret it, because I am admittedly impatient.

No I did not since I'm actually patient.

and by patient I mean no money due to me saving up for awesome games like Skyrim and L.A Noire and many more.

I paid £5 for the 3 codes I didn't have. Now I have them all. I won two copies of MK and got £60 back though so no regrets. :)

Nobody that stupid will post here to admit their mistake.

I recall not long ago there was one particularly butthurt player who wanted the DLC costumes cancelled so they could be special.
People are crazy.