any one know how to play mk on pc

download emulaters off of kazaa ,well for the older ones, do you mean your friend was playing deception? if so i dont know how you would go about doing that

There are emulators that allow you to play console games on a PC. I've seen a playstation one before. But the performance of these program varies depending on the PC. The one I saw was shown to me by a friend a few years back, all the guy had to do was put a Playstation CD in the CD drive and off the thing went. The PC he used wasn't up to snaff and the graphics looked crappy.

By now there should be x-box emulators on the net. I've heard of GC ones floating around, so it wouldn't suprise me at all.

Yeah I knew they had MK3 for Playstation 1 but I also found they had MK2 for Playstation 1. MK2 rocks on it

I had an emulator on my pc where you put the disk in but the only problem was that sometimes it would play the games at half speed.

Hydro said:
Yeah I knew they had MK3 for Playstation 1 but I also found they had MK2 for Playstation 1. MK2 rocks on it

MK2 for PSX was horrible. Crappy graphics, mid round load times, yeesh. If you are going to get emus and games and everything might as well go for the arcade since it is the best version around, but it will also be the hardest for a computer to run.

May I remind you guys if you own a emulator and such that is a general bad idea to advertise it. :)

But anyway I heard then KGEN is a good megadrive/gensis emulator. Its not been updated as far as I know but word around its a classic good emulator. All you got to do if find the ROMS for it. Its apparently alsp very simple. But thats only if you want the megadrive verison and on your PC.

Of course I wouldn't know if this true... I don't do emulation.

Depending on what version of MK you like you could either get a SNES emulator or a Genesis emulator. For the SNES i recommend ZSNES and for the Genesis id recommend WGENS or Kgen. Then youd have to find the Roms for it youself. I dont have them on my computer but i have used before.

I would rather use MAME then the SNES and GENESIS emulators. The graphics on the MAME are alot better, and aren't all muffled by the emulation. Besides, MAME supports online play.

I would rather use MAME then the SNES and GENESIS emulators. The graphics on the MAME are alot better, and aren't all muffled by the emulation. Besides, MAME supports online play.

Yeah I totally agree I was just tryin to point out all of his options because maybe he wanted to play the Genesis/Mega Dirve version or the SNES version.

Angel said:
Its illegal plenty to use ROMs though, you can't deny that.

Actually that's legal too, so long as you actually have the original arcade roms.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Angel said:

Actually that's legal too, so long as you actually have the original arcade roms.

It is never legal to use roms, even if you own an arcade machine. The only time roms are legal to play on an emulator is if they have been released by the manufacter. There are a few extremely old, pathetic games which are legal to download and play directly off mame's website. I have a feeling all our favorite games will never become legal to play and whatnot because they can always make emulators for the next gen systems and still make money off them. Nintendo is doing that with Revolution. You will be able to download any an all NES, SNES, and N64 games (probably for a pretty penny) and play them on Revolution.

Yeah I have all the MKs including the different versions for MAME which are the arcade versions. It's always nice to have different MK for different formats. UMK3 was the worst on SNES though. Have fun

EWAShock said:
DeathcoreRyknow said:
Angel said:

It is never legal to use(roms, even if you own an arcade machine. The only time roms are legal to play on an emulator is if they have been released by the manufacter. There are a few extremely old, pathetic games which are legal to download and play directly off mame's website. I have a feeling all our favorite games will never become legal to play and whatnot because they can always make emulators for the next gen systems and still make money off them. Nintendo is doing that with Revolution. You will be able to download any an all NES, SNES, and N64 games (probably for a pretty penny) and play them on Revolution.

Huh, it seems like last I heard it was legal to have the roms as a back-up if you had the originals. Is it possible that this is a relatively new law, or am I just way the hell off altogether?

It is a common misconception. The only way it would be legal is if you burned the roms from your computer to blank rom chips and then deleted the roms off your computer, but you would still need to own the game on top of that.