An Idea to keep older games on the market

Gororules

You know what I've always thought of? why not make instead of all codes, make secret characters that cant be unlocked for years mabye! ok for example, MK:SM could come with a file that is downloadable to your memory card, unlocking saaay Rain in MKD. that way, people who got MK:SM and didn't own MKD would want to go out and buy it! I mean come on, tell me you wouldnt go buy mk4 if it suddenly had 5 new characters! Just a thought.

Well, nothing would make me buy MK4 except a complete overhaul.

On the other hand, if characters were unlocked after other games came out, it would definately make me pick it up and start playing again.

An interesting idea. That could be tough to work out, but it would give us more incentive to go back to those games.

it would take loads of memory card space on a console tho. on a pc it'd be ok. i always thought why not have a game brought out like a new level or chapter every month, like a magazine.

it wouldnt take that much room, some demo discs have cheats you download to the card, this would just make it so games had those instead, and as prizes for winning and such.

This is a great idea!
i already have all the other Mk games so i would not buy them again but it would certainly make me go back and play it again!

Gororules said:
it wouldnt take that much room, some demo discs have cheats you download to the card, this would just make it so games had those instead, and as prizes for winning and such.

yeah, but the cheats are just regular save files. this would require a whole new character, including the wireframe models, the sounds, the animations, texture mapping, cut-scene data and so on. the character would have to already be on the disk and a new save would be needed to unlock them, but if the whole character would be saved to the card would be far too much data.

Goraka said:
Gororules said:

yeah, but the cheats are just regular save files. this would require a whole new character, including the wireframe models, the sounds, the animations, texture mapping, cut-scene data and so on. the character would have to already be on the disk and a new save would be needed to unlock them, but if the whole character would be saved to the card would be far too much data.

then they would only need to create a new memorycard type system to transfer lage things such as. that or somthing else, they could think of somthing.

It's an A++ Idea goro. Only one thing, you know as soon as that happened, hackers would hack the game and rip all the people and play them on xbox live.. or psonline.

that could only happen if the chars were already on disk and a memory card save was needed to unlock them, which is similar to the hacks to play as DK and jax etc in MKD. if like gororules says, the character would be saved fully to memory card, that wouldnt really be possible. however, the saves could end up on the internet, and people talented enough could make up their own characters.

Goraka said:
that could only happen if the chars were already on disk and a memory card save was needed to unlock them, which is similar to the hacks to play as DK and jax etc in MKD. if like goraka says, the character would be saved fully to memory card, that wouldnt really be possible. however, the saves could end up on the internet, and people talented enough could make up their own characters.

did you even read my last post? lol

It's not a matter of they couldn't do it. if they can clone a sheep they can make a way to transfer large game files.

Gororules said:
did you even read my last post?

yeah sorry i put 'as goraka says' instead of 'as gororules says' lol, that was a reply to prophet saying they could be hacked