Alternate customs confirmed to be in Krypt

dcole

Sorry if this is already posted but this just in from Boon's twitter:

RT @Cloak007 @noobde Will we have to purchase alternate costumes SF4 style? =( PLEASE reply!.. Thanks Noobde: No, they are in the Krypt!

I hope this also means that the classic costumes are allready in the game and the pre-order just unlocks the krypt boxes needed. Would be awesome! I doubt it, but would be awesome!

dammit u beat me to it!!!!!!
uuuuuuhhhgggg

Please try to contribute more to the conversation next time.

As far as this information goes, I've always been assuming the "klassic costumes" will be treated as just early unlocks for Krypt items that otherwise will take time or "Koins" to unlock. But it's too soon to tell how it'll be handled in the final game.

Ok. I just need to make sure if Kitana's or Mileena's pre-order stores will have their fatalities as well. Otherwise, I will go to Gamestop.

These are just saying the alternate costumes are unlockable in the krypt so far, right? Not the klassic costumes, though I personally expect them to be unlockable without a code too.

Nice find!

I'm thinking that this will include classics, too. Reason being, if you're playing someone online who has a classic costume unlocked/available, it would have to show for you on your screen. This would lead you to believe that the info is on the disk, just not unlocked on your game.

Last edited:
As far as this information goes, I've always been assuming the "klassic costumes" will be treated as just early unlocks for Krypt items that otherwise will take time or "Koins" to unlock. But it's too soon to tell how it'll be handled in the final game.

Ditto! I've always been under the same assumption :)

This is both good news and bad news if indeed the klassic costumes are a part of this.

Firstly, I am going to show how it makes sense that the Klassic Costumes are on the disc and not DLC.

1. The Challenge Tower has the old school kombat challenge where both sub-zero and scorpion skins come into play.
2. In the Gamestop TV Ad, the commentator at the end says "Pre-order at gamestop to UNLOCK Scorpions Klassic Costume and Fatality".

Now if that is indeed the case, this brings back to the good news, bad news situation.

The good news: The klassic costumes are essentially free, the pre-order bonuses are designed to give you early access to whichever costume you prefer without having to play through the game to unlock them in the krypt. It is not DLC at all.

The bad news: The bad news is that NRS should have clarified this earlier. Many people pre-ordered multiple copies/editions of the game thinking the skins were DLC and not unlockables in the krypt and didnt want to wait before they become released on XBL or PSN. Basically, the people have wasted their money because they can easily enough unlock the costumes in the krypt, which they spent real life money for, they couldve just bought one edition for the skin they wanted the most.

If what I said ends up being true, NRS needs a swift kick in the ass for doing this. They basically ripped off people by not telling us that the costumes were NOT DLC and were on the disc. Everyone was under the impression the costumes were DLC, hence many threads were created with people conflicted, not knowing where to pre-order from, talking about pre-ordering multiple copies for the different costumes, etc.

All of this could have been avoided. The question is, did NRS purposely not expose this information til now so they could make serious profit from this? I know they tweeted that theyre not expecting us to pre-order from every retailer, but they didnt specify exactly why, and people still went along with it.

Someone with Twitter please tweet this to any NRS related twitter account, as this is a serious issue.

I have never paid for a skin in my life and probably never will so I did not get caught if what you say is true....in fact I do not plan to pre-order/ although I would like the artbook from the collectors edition I have not made up my mind yet.... Clarification is needed quick as mabey people can cancel multiple orders they have made

Ok. I just need to make sure if Kitana's or Mileena's pre-order stores will have their fatalities as well. Otherwise, I will go to Gamestop.

i dont think the females come with the fatalities :p they havent been announced so i dont think so.

alternatives will be in the krypt, doubt they would put classic skins in the krypt,while promoting all these other store exclusives with that offer of classic skins.

im hoping ur wrong, ppl like johnny cage and sonya were present in the mk deception conquest mode even though they werent on the game, and u could fight them too just not as them, i think u may be right about them being on the disc but i doubt that they would be that stingy when creating a game, and i do not think that boon would allow them to take our money like that. And for the challenge tower, it could just be a one time use thing where you can only use that costume for that fight only. I'm gonna just think positive(otherwise I'll be mad about preordering from gamestop back in december:p)

Man the Australians can't get a break even if they import it they're gonna have customs in their game.

I cannot express how glad I am that NRS put alts in the game rather than forcing us to pay through the nose for them like Capcom seems intent on doing.

Capcom could take a few lessons from NRS on including content, it seems.

i dont know, i doubt klassic costumes going to be unlock from krypt, NRS know that DLC from psn or xbox will bring them alot of money. if there is costumes in krypt, they seems to be 3rd costume!!

Why not? They're already ingame, and the wording on the preorders seems to suggest that you can unlock the alternate costumes immediately as opposed to getting it through the Krypt.

Note that the wording is "UNLOCK the retro costume" not "GET the retro costume"; this suggests that they're ingame and unlockable.