Alternate Costume Gallery & Unlock Guide

iViTal

It's dumb lol, I really want to unlock Revenant Lao but don't want to play KOTH because of the ridiculous wait times, and I'd feel lame boosting for it.

Scorch

I just randomly unlocked Kitana's Dark Empress costume. Anyways, I hate the online requirement to unlock the costumes.

Tell me about it, I want the Revenant Liu Kang skin but I get my ass handed to me in ranked matches. I'm pretty sure I could get Revenant Kung Lao and Hotshot Johnny though, if I actually wanted to sit through boring KOTH.

Taj Gill

I'm surprised most of you haven't unlocked all the skins yet. The only time I boosted for a skin was for Hotshot Johnny, everything else I did myself. And I'm really horrible at the game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

FlawlessVictor

Without a PS Plus membership, I'm locked out the online portion that involves playing directly with other players anyways. Considering I hardly play online, and there are very few digital games that I want, it's simply not worth the cost to me. The last time I played with others online was when I was playing Persona 4: Arena, and that was over a year ago.

Last edited:

Shirayuki Mizore

I got Revenant Lao during my 44 win streak in KOTH, and I didn't need a streak for Hotshot Johnny, just got him with 10 total survivor wins. I'm glad to have all the costumes, don't have to worry about them anymore especially since Revenant Jax was the dumbest one, requiring two controllers.

mandead

I'm glad to have all the costumes, don't have to worry about them anymore especially since Revenant Jax was the dumbest one, requiring two controllers.
*sobs quietly in a corner*

I don't know anyone with an XB1 as most of my friends are PC gamers, and a couple of PS4s. I don't know why NRS decided to have such a bizarrely strict requirement for that skin... I wish there was another way to unlock it. :(

Shirayuki Mizore

*sobs quietly in a corner*

I don't know anyone with an XB1 as most of my friends are PC gamers, and a couple of PS4s. I don't know why NRS decided to have such a bizarrely strict requirement for that skin... I wish there was another way to unlock it. :(

Yeah I had to bring MKX and my XB1 to my friends house so I could sync his controller and do it. Whoever came up with the unlock requirement should be fired by now...

FlawlessVictor

I find it funny how they have easy skip fight and easy fatalities for accessibility, yet they have all these dumb requirements for the various costumes. I'm lucky in the sense that most of the costumes I haven't unlocked are redundant or unappealing to me, so I'm not missing out on much.

Last edited:

GOBBLESNOOFERS

The only hard costume to unlock is hotshot Johnny. I have all of the others, all you have to do is sit down, get semi good, and go online and hold it down. I'm glad the revenant costumes take work to get. It's getting to show off a little bit. Maybe you guys would be happier if they put them up for sale. People complain that fatalities are too easy, but costumes are too hard to unlock. What ever happened to everyone saying this game was lame for having things being too user friendly?