All My MK9 Save Data Erased

TerryMasters

So I fired up my Xbox like I do every night, solely to play MK. I decided when it first came out that I'd actually make an effort to grab the achievements. Well about a half hour ago I noticed Quan Chi and Cyber Sub missing from my select screen in training mode. Sure enough I go into the Nekropolis and bam - everything I ever worked for completely gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W-6zXpN1c

Could you imagine if I actually sat there PLAYING to get the Kung Fu achievements? I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I bet the guy that happens to is going to be pissed.

It happened to myself and also a mate a couple of days after we got it.
You'd think they would've patched it by now though.

Wow that sucks.

I just beat the Challenge tower and unlocked everything on the krypt yesterday and I would be pissed if I had to do it all over again. :/

Now I'm afraid if I update with the new patch I will lose everything too.. Hope NRS fixes whatever is causing this. And I hope players that were aftected by this glitch will get all their stuff back.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what makes this situation worse is that there isn't a way to backup save games on a 360, is there? I always thought it just lets you move save games between storage devices, not copy them, which is why I never thought to do it. But that might have changed and I just wasn't made aware of it.

I've heard of users getting messages that their save data was corrupted, but never completely gone without a trace like this. I forgot about the Krypt too... man. I cannot sit here and unlock everything a third time. I really can't. I checked the "Player Setting" save file on the hard drive and saw that it was the only save just created the moment I launched the game, if that helps.

my memory card got currupted and I lost my Metroid Prime file when I was near the end of the game lol, I know how you feel when it comes to things like this.

sorry that this happened to you, does anyone know if this only happens on Xbox? or also ps3?

Correct me if I'm wrong but what makes this situation worse is that there isn't a way to backup save games on a 360, is there? I always thought it just lets you move save games between storage devices, not copy them, which is why I never thought to do it. But that might have changed and I just wasn't made aware of it.

I've heard of users getting messages that their save data was corrupted, but never completely gone without a trace like this. I forgot about the Krypt too... man. I cannot sit here and unlock everything a third time. I really can't. I checked the "Player Setting" save file on the hard drive and saw that it was the only save just created the moment I launched the game, if that helps.

Yes you can, just buy a cable from 360 HDD to PC usb (360 HDD data cable) it cost 5 to 10$ max.
AW10209-8903TPS755447.jpg

If you don't have the cable here is a solution " copy/save a new XBOX MK save from your console to a USB STICK not hdd, download a 100% save, at pc rehash & resighn the new save with yours and it works fine. Here is and a save i had posted and to another guy with the same problem.

"Koins, Krypt 100% Unlocked, Cyber Sub-Zero Unlocked, Quan-Chi Unlocked, Challenge Tower 100% Complete, Millena 3rd Alt. Costume. Unlocked (Only available after completing the Challenge Tower)"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKDVKWUJ

It happened to me too on PS3 2 days ago. Everything in necropolis was at 0 and the 3 characters I have mastered were also at 0. I rebooted the PS3 and everything was normal again ... That was close.

did u make sure u are using the same controller and/or profile u unlocked everything with? if its still erased... that sucks dude

Wow that sucks.

I just beat the Challenge tower and unlocked everything on the krypt yesterday and I would be pissed if I had to do it all over again. :/

Now I'm afraid if I update with the new patch I will lose everything too.. Hope NRS fixes whatever is causing this. And I hope players that were aftected by this glitch will get all their stuff back.

To you, and to everyone else! BACK UP YOUR SAVE DATA! Use a USB to do it. Its NOT hard! Then you WONT have this problem. I already did it, and now I wont have to worry

Cheers

I haven't touched my 360 version yet. On my PS3 I constantly backup to USB and also on the cloud (PS Plus feature) just incase something happens.

What pisses me off the most with 360 is Gold is a paid service and MS has a cloud network already for businesses. Why the hell is a cloud saving feature not standard with Gold Membership and not even exist to begin with? I would have expected it from MS first not Sony.

Yes you can, just buy a cable from 360 HDD to PC usb (360 HDD data cable) it cost 5 to 10$ max.
AW10209-8903TPS755447.jpg

If you don't have the cable here is a solution " copy/save a new XBOX MK save from your console to a USB STICK not hdd, download a 100% save, at pc rehash & resighn the new save with yours and it works fine. Here is and a save i had posted and to another guy with the same problem.

"Koins, Krypt 100% Unlocked, Cyber Sub-Zero Unlocked, Quan-Chi Unlocked, Challenge Tower 100% Complete, Millena 3rd Alt. Costume. Unlocked (Only available after completing the Challenge Tower)"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKDVKWUJ

Thanks for all the help everyone. I did have a question about doing this trick though, how do I rehash and sign this save with my current one? I haven't done anything like that since I softmodded the original Xbox.

Turn off system make sure before u star the game that the controller is assigned as player one...at this point, if it happened to me...already got the plat.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I did have a question about doing this trick though, how do I rehash and sign this save with my current one? I haven't done anything like that since I softmodded the original Xbox.

The tools you need is "Con Resigner" and "Xplorer360" you will find them in many 360 sites or at youtube videos description.
-If you use the cable you simple connect your 360 HDD to pc usb and open Xplorer360
xplr360.jpg

and choose to open Partition 3 - content - the profile you use (000... or E00A... etc) - Game file - and copy your save to the desktop (always keep a 2nd backup).
-The reason you need to rehash & resighn a different console save with yours is that every save use 2 IP/ID codes from the console and profile they created.
-When you have the save you transferred from the USB stick or Xplorer360 at your desktop open the program Con Resigner
images

and open/load your save and press Save ID's than open the new/download save and press rehash & resighn and done.
-Simple copy and overwrite the new with your older at your HDD or usb and finished. Hope i helped.

Last edited:
Could you imagine if I actually sat there PLAYING to get the Kung Fu achievements?
So you boost for achievements? Cool. I don't know about you guys but I like getting my achievements legit, that's why they are called achievements and not gifts. Leaving your console on in tag training is lame.