Former devs speak out about 'severe crunch' at Mortal Kombat studio

All of these 80 to 100 hour work weeks for video games are starting to get worrisome. I didn't read all of the article but are they at least getting paid properly?

I remember a very similar article being put up around the time rockstar released red dead redemption 2. Sadly, this is where the AAA gaming Industry is at the moment. People shouldn't live in fear because they decided to speak out over poor working conditions. There needs to be laws that protect people from companies over working their employees.

Yeah... the NRS. The guys you thought you could trust and yet... pull shit like that. To be honest not surprised anymore. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Honestly, I feel like this is WB. MK11 released a few months after it's first announcement, instead of E3 ... And it had a messy PC launch that could've been avoided if they delayed the PC launch like Injustice 2.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Honestly, I feel like this is WB. MK11 released a few months after it's first announcement, instead of E3 ... And it had a messy PC launch that could've been avoided if they delayed the PC launch like Injustice 2.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

WB don't manage NRS employess. WB is a publisher. Also it is said directly. In NRS OFFICE. This is NRS doing alright.

That's the same deal as with EA and Bioware. EA itself was pissed at the fact that Bioware wasted so much time and made a completely broken product.

Eh... even if they delayed, I don't think anything would have changed. Injustice 2, suffers from similar issues. TO THIS DAY.

They just simply don't put enough effort in PC port. Their "highly customized engine" which is just a glorified UE3, definitely gives a headache for QLOC. I don't believe that a company with a huge list of successful ports, SPECIFICALLY starts messing up with NRS games, due their lack of skill or something. They ported many different games. Even SSF4. All smooth and dandy. Yet Injustice 2 and MK11. Crashes, late patches, framedrops, stuttering...

Unfortunately, grueling crunch times are standard in the video game industry. The fact that employees are often unable or unwilling to stand up for themselves allowed abusive practices to persist for ages.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/netherrealm-studios-crunch-mortal-kombat-injustice-2-contract

Man I dodged the bullet here. I think I will start listening to my gut feeling more from now on. Never buying anything from NRS/WB.

While contractors chose to work there for themselves, it is easy to tell that NRS told them some sweet, sweet lies. Like getting a permanent job there and other bullshit. No surprise. Empty promises about games and to their contractors. Pieces of shit.