Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

They also lowered Sheeva's health and gave Shao Kahn some buffs, and with that small patch we'll be seeing what it is that they're working on next at E3.

Sheeva's stomp spam literally discouraged me from KL. Jacqui's Full Auto spam made me consider the same in MKX, but at least I was able to figure out how to beat that.

Sheeva's stomp spam literally discouraged me from KL. Jacqui's Full Auto spam made me consider the same in MKX, but at least I was able to figure out how to beat that.
I get that and I could empathize and see how that was annoying, but I had been LONG discouraged from KL or any form of online gameplay from any NRS game WAY before Sheeva, mid-way through MKX, and having to put up with those bunches of assholes.
At the end of the day, I just wanna come home and play some games and not have to deal with other people.
Dunno. Maybe I've just become too much like Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino and just don't want to put up with shitty behavior.

At the end of the day, I just wanna come home and play some games and not have to deal with other people.
Dunno. Maybe I've just become too much like Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino and just don't want to put up with shitty behavior.
Nah. You're exhausted. Just like everyone else. Bullshit after bullshit. You wait years to play another NRS title, hoping that MAYBE just maybe it will be better, only to get disappointed. We went from fun, to some idiotic Esports module.

I doubt it is the people you want to avoid. It's the broken mess that online is. One character is broken, another is useless, cheap moves everywhere and at the end of the day you ask yourself "Why do I even bother?"

I can guarantee that if you got to play a well balanced MK game, you would be sitting online like the rest of us. But the fact that even pro players aren't looking forward to playing MK11, says a lot about the game.

That's part of it, but yeah, it's still the people who Tea-bag, send garbage messages or others who have their mic on with their music set to obnoxious levels.
The people online WAY overshadowed any of the previous things online in past NRS games.
MKX was better online (imo), but even after a while I gave up with all of the annoying antics from people.
I'd rather play SP modes or against friends when they would come over.
Covid messed up the latter part of people coming over in the past, but maybe in the future I could do more get-togethers like in days past and still have some fun game nights.

I dunno... on one side I agree with Commander, multiplayer games bring the worst out of people. We deal with enough of that shit at work or our personal lives as it is. It's not just MK, it's games in general. This is why I mute all in-game mic in every single game that I have played or sometimes still barely play. In some games I even disable text as well.

....But then again the rage still gives me a chuckle. Captured 2 mins ago, in a old-school Boomer RTS... where you'd think people would be a bit more calm:

image.png

(I'm ra2ww)

😂 😂 😂

I dunno... on one side I agree with Commander, multiplayer games bring the worst out of people. We deal with enough of that shit at work or our personal lives as it is. It's not just MK, it's games in general. This is why I mute all in-game mic in every single game that I have played or sometimes still barely play. In some games I even disable text as well.
Yup, which is why usually the only game that I bother playing online these days is maaaaaaaaaaybe the occasional Rocket League with my cousin and his friends, but again, it's people that I know in that game and we usually only say things like "I'll guard the goal" or "hey, get that and I'll stay on this side."
It's a bit more chill in that regard.

Oh yeah.... I also try to have 1 person who's at least an acquaintance to play with, especially in team games. Otherwise you're just asking for it to be honest... 9 years of Team Fortress 2 with randoms was enough for my entire life.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't even play fighting games against randoms at this point. And those games are 1v1....

....But then again the rage still gives me a chuckle. Captured 2 mins ago, in a old-school Boomer RTS... where you'd think people would be a bit more calm:

image.png

(I'm ra2ww)

😂 😂 😂
Multiplayer games can bring out both sides very easily.

In 2000s we had both sides. We had Modern Warfare type of games, where you would get little shits screaming in the lobby and you had games like WoW (before expansions ruined it) where communities were great. Games promoted working together. If you talked shit and acted like an idiot you wouldn't accomplish shit and wouldn't get good gear. There were places for those communities to gather.

But over the years, the corporate need for ESPORTS and COMPETITIVE games, led to games that promote "lone wolf" or "I have 2-3 of my friends and f$ck everyone else" mentalities. Due the lack of care and management, online became a chore. Broken ass games like MK11, don't help either.

I believe it is just the current games. We had some sort of balance in the past. Now? Toxic, toxic and one more time. Toxic.

NRS has officially said that they are done with MK11. It had a nice run with over a year of content.

Last edited: