Hotaru

Damn that guy is selfish lol. Working for evil to restore order, plus he cause chaos which technically means he's on the same level as his arch nemesis Havik.

Oooh so ou can make it look like you were the savior to save all the people from their despair. Gotcha

Another reason for their enemity is cause of orderealmers trying to take over Chaosrealm's water source, something the chaosrealmers consider sacred since it personifies ''chaos'' well.

Are we talking about regular drinking water or water as in the essence of there soul or something crazy like that

Are we talking about regular drinking water or water as in the essence of there soul or something crazy like that

Yep regular water, Havik described the water as "something that is not meant to be controlled", because it's shapeless it depicts chaos. ;)

Hotaru is suited as a bad guy. From his lava, he takes the name meaning "firefly".

Wonder if there'll be more Seidan guys like him and Darrius.

Fun Fact: Hotaru is an actual Japanese name, however, it's always a girl's name. I wonder if any Japanese players played this game and mistook him for a girl because of this?

Anyone else think he'll be back in the future?
I actually liked Kenshi and Ashrah and would rather those two.
Having said that, Hotaru, along with Havik, were good characters as well, and a new rivalry in MK.
I actually like Hotaru for his complete lack of personality, a neutral stance and to uphold Law And Order at all costs!
His air fire and air kicks in Deception were good as well.
Having said all that, I just don't know what more you can do for his storyline.

Now that I think about it, was Hotaru ever referred to as the protector of Orderrealm?

The white hair and white eyes remind me of Raiden and Fujin which just screams godhood. I guess it'd make a lot of sense if he's just a protector like Shao Kahn, whatever that would entail.

It's very interesting how he had those characteristics and it would service his character for the better possibly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: