Raiden Attitude in MKX

I hope that he becomes the "do whatever it takes to win" darker Raiden, in the MK X Story.

attempting to ally himself with quan chi and the netherrealm. allowing Shao Kahn to win and risking the entire realm of earth. that seems like the "do whatever it takes to win" type of raiden to me.

Like some people earlier were saying, I want my antihero raiden who has stopped giving a shit and will do whatever it takes to win.
No more dealing with tricks and sorcery, just straight up heartless badass

Something worse than Armageddon could be on the rise in MK X, over a 25 year span, for all we know.

Call me optimistic, but how could something WORSE than Armageddon happen? Even if it did, it is worth the risk considering the outcome of it

Raiden did a ruddy good job if you ask me

Sent from my iPhone using EasyChatUSA

I really hope we don't come back to an end-of-the-world scenario again. We averted that in MK9. If it happens again, then what was the point?

#anotherreboot

LOL obviously just joking, but if that did pop up again, anything is really possible to stop or avoid it (look at that time leap in MK9).

I fail to see how Raiden screwed things up. I mean, sure... a group of people died that wouldn't have normally died... But had Raiden not prevented Armageddon they would have all died anyway.

Not to mention the hero's are risking their lives for Earthrealm. People dying is to be exected.

There is ALOT to consider here when discussing Raiden..number 1

Did anybody notice his amulet forged by the elder gods was not on him in the new game..so what happened to it..and it would make sense not to have it so he can not do the time travel thing again..makin the past set in stone this time.

2 All of raidens choices in MK9 had a serous impact...Saving Johnny Cage and killing Motaro...set of a huge shit storm..Kahn absorbs Tsung and puts sindel in command who then she goes and kills most the main good guys. Saving Smoke led to Zero getting captured..ect ect

3 Raiden still can have visions and foresee armagedon..HE DIDNT PREVENT ARMAGEDDON he just changed the outcome..with Kahn defeated he cant merge all the realms. What if Raiden finds Shujinko and Blaze and prevents those two major events..its possable..NO dragon king NO SUPER POWERED BLAZE.

4. He doesnt look dark at all in the new game...he is still defending EathRealm..and he looks sane and good all around..all three varrants are of his Pure self..RAIDEN WAS corrupted when he tried to kill Onaga he sacrificed himself and Onagas dark powers tainted him..wat does that tell you about Raiden now..He never sacrificed himself and with Tsung out of the picture (at least im assuming that) no deadly alliance..

5. Shinnok sent a clone in his place at the events of armagddon..so he never really died..In back to the Future Biff snuck back in time and helped his former self...that being said Quan Chi's appaerance in MK9 was a bit odd..but now i wonder his motives..did they know what was gong on the whole time..? Perhaps..what if Shinnok was able to go back somehow as well and set things up to make it worse in the future..

Anyways just my thoughts..Raiden looks amazing and his moves are incredable..best char reveal so far IMHO. I love the directoin this is going and Cannot wait to see the story and what happens..the possablities are endless..Lets home NRS doesnt drop the ball on all this potental..

I fail to see how Raiden screwed things up. I mean, sure... a group of people died that wouldn't have normally died... But had Raiden not prevented Armageddon they would have all died anyway.

I agree..sometimes people are destined to die! messin with time can have serious side effects...kinda like with death..final destination style lol

id like to see Shujinko and Blaze get handled..that would prevent so much and if raiden can still have visions..id bet he would do something to prevent it all..

NO dark raiden No zombie lui kang...either..there is a design maybe he will have a cameo..im thinking the past is the past and dead chars will be staying that way as well

The thing is... Bad things are going to happen as a result to Armageddon being dodged because that is the natural order of things. Every cause has an effect. Holding that against Raiden is unfair as these things are going to happen regardless. Avert one bad situation, eventually another one is going to pop up. And it may even pop up due to the avoidance of the previous one. But anyone in Raiden's position would have done the same thing. Fix the problem at hand.

It IS fair because his intervening, despite being for the better or worse, is a result of future events.
Had he not intervened AT ALL, then Raiden would hold no responsibility.
Even if he was trying to "fix" the problem (which he was, not arguing that), he still has blame because of his actions.

attempting to ally himself with quan chi and the netherrealm. allowing Shao Kahn to win and risking the entire realm of earth. that seems like the "do whatever it takes to win" type of raiden to me.

He wasn't risking Earthrealm by allowing Shao Kahn to win.
He KNEW that the Elder Gods would punish Shao Kahn, and that it was fool-proof.
I meant more of the angry and vengeful Deception / Deadly Alliance god who (in his game ending), kills Shujinko for endangering Earthrealm.

Call me optimistic, but how could something WORSE than Armageddon happen? Even if it did, it is worth the risk considering the outcome of it

Raiden did a ruddy good job if you ask me

Easily, by having someone who is worse than Shao Kahn, who is even more ruthless causing more death and destruction.

Raiden did a terrible job in MK9, considering that the majority of deaths in MK9 (who were aligned with the side of good) were HIS fault.

NO dark raiden No zombie lui kang...

I'd take Dark Raiden ANY day over Zombie Kang.
Plus, aside from actual obvious colors, MK X Raiden DOES resemble Dark Raiden, IMO.
Take away the horns from Dark Raiden's hat, and you have the same exact hat on MK X Raiden.
The arm guards and shin guards are also completely black on MK X Raiden, as they were on Dark Raiden.

Dunno.
He seems like a mix of MK9 Raiden and Dark Raiden to me:

dark_raiden.jpg MK X Raiden.jpg

It IS fair because his intervening, despite being for the better or worse, is a result of future events.
Had he not intervened AT ALL, then Raiden would hold no responsibility.
Even if he was trying to "fix" the problem (which he was, not arguing that), he still has blame because of his actions.

He wasn't risking Earthrealm by allowing Shao Kahn to win.
He KNEW that the Elder Gods would punish Shao Kahn, and that it was fool-proof.
I meant more of the angry and vengeful Deception / Deadly Alliance god who (in his game ending), kills Shujinko for endangering Earthrealm.

Easily, by having someone who is worse than Shao Kahn, who is even more ruthless causing more death and destruction.

Raiden did a terrible job in MK9, considering that the majority of deaths in MK9 (who were aligned with the side of good) were HIS fault.

All I'm saying is it's worth the risk of killing more good people to stop Kahn.

If he did nothing then Kahn wins

If he did something there was a chance of it not being Kahn triumph.

You suggest somebody worse than Kahn wins would be worse, but not really, because Kahn taken over all the realms in time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using EasyChatUSA

All I'm saying is it's worth the risk of killing more good people to stop Kahn.

If he did nothing then Kahn wins

If he did something there was a chance of it not being Kahn triumph.

You suggest somebody worse than Kahn wins would be worse, but not really, because Kahn taken over all the realms in time anyway.

Agreed, and all I'm saying is that I wan't more of a Dark Raiden for MK X.

Agreed again, but him being interfering still makes him responsible for his actions.

True, but it doesn't mean that he's not responsible for his actions.

I do think that a greater threat that Kahn may show up in MK X, yes, but at the end of the day, that's just my gut feeling.
It may not be true at all.

I highly doubt that Raiden prevented Armageddon, it's a prophecy that was foretold MANY years ago and doesn't care if Shao Khan is around or not as Shao Khan is merely 1 other Kombatant in the forest of Kombatants.

Thus far Raiden has done nothing about Blaze, the Brothers, those Dragons, the Cults, or even taking steps to prevent Onaga's return!

Heck, he couldn't even stop Quan Chi and Shinnok's plotting and Shinnok's inevitable return.

So Armageddon is still very possible it should take far more than "A couple Kombatants died and Shao Khan is currently being tormented by the Elder Gods!", especially as more new Kombatants start appearing.

In my eyes all he's done is delay the inevitable.

I really hope we don't come back to an end-of-the-world scenario again. We averted that in MK9. If it happens again, then what was the point?

Well, Armageddon was originally supposed to have a sequel with many of the characters dead so... Armageddon could be stopped even after its already underway but at great cost.

Than MK9 did its own thing where Shao Khan somehow won. Yeah...

Last edited:
If we're talking purely from a story standpoint, then the reason Armageddon happened was literally stated as the combatants being too numerous. After MK9, that problem probably fixed itself.

If we're talking from a real world stand point, it happened because the series was horribly bloated with bad storylines and horrible characters, and Midway was starting to die, so they wanted to start fresh and needed a reason. Cut to 9 years later and we're finally at that fresh start.

So I doubt there'll be another Armageddon type game or event in the story made for a long time, if ever.

I highly doubt that Raiden prevented Armageddon, it's a prophecy that was foretold MANY years ago and doesn't care if Shao Khan is around or not as Shao Khan is merely 1 other Kombatant in the forest of Kombatants.

Thus far Raiden has done nothing about Blaze, the Brothers, those Dragons, the Cults, or even taking steps to prevent Onaga's return!

Heck, he couldn't even stop Quan Chi and Shinnok's plotting and Shinnok's inevitable return.

So Armageddon is still very possible it should take far more than "A couple Kombatants died and Shao Khan is currently being tormented by the Elder Gods!", especially as more new Kombatants start appearing.

In my eyes all he's done is delay the inevitable.

You seem to be forgetting a very important part of MK9's story... Raiden's amulet. It would only reconstruct itself in full IF Armageddon was prevented. At the end of the game, there wasn't a crack to be found on that amulet, which means Raiden was successful.

Good writing or not, this is simply a way for NRS to avoid having to cover the post MK3 events all over again. They know those games weren't the best and existed during the downfall of the series.

You seem to be forgetting a very important part of MK9's story... Raiden's amulet. It would only reconstruct itself in full IF Armageddon was prevented. At the end of the game, there wasn't a crack to be found on that amulet, which means Raiden was successful.

The cracks being healed meant that Raiden stopped what is known as "Armageddon" as it pertains to the old timeline and not repeating history in the new timeline, but that doesn't mean that similar world ending events can't happen in MK X.
It's a span of 25 years.
Anything could happen.

The cracks being healed meant that Raiden stopped what is known as "Armageddon" as it pertains to the old timeline and not repeating history in the new timeline, but that doesn't mean that similar world ending events can't happen in MK X.
It's a span of 25 years.
Anything could happen.

Armageddon pertains to the event that we witness in the old timeline. Of course there's going to be new doomsday scenarios that popup. But they are not the ARMAGEDDON that Raiden was preventing in MK9.

Armageddon pertains to the event that we witness in the old timeline. Of course there's going to be new doomsday scenarios that popup. But they are not the ARMAGEDDON that Raiden was preventing in MK9.

Exactly.
So, at best, all that Raiden did was to delay another doomsday scenario from happening, which may be inevitable anyways.