Jason Lives! - May 4th - 3PM CDT - Official Stream Thread

So he can just come back to life with 15% health, without the round ending? Hmm yeah, I don't need to watch it to call it cheap. I'm not even going to try and understand those who don't see it as such. That being said, I'm sure I'll be seeing him far less than the usuals (Scorpion, SZ, Johnny, Kang) I fight 90% of the time. So, I'm not too concerned about it.

So he can just come back to life with 15% health, without the round ending? Hmm yeah, I don't need to watch it to call it cheap. I'm not even going to try and understand those who don't see it as such. That being said, I'm sure I'll be seeing him far less than the usuals (Scorpion, SZ, Johnny, Kang) I fight 90% of the time. So, I'm not too concerned about it.

He only gets that much if he has full meter. If he has nothing, he gets only 5%.

He only gets that much if he has full meter. If he has nothing, he gets only 5%.

Got it. I get it within the context of who he is as a character. Getting back up when you think he's dead, that's what he's been doing for over 3 decades.

Still, it being a fighting game...it's a bit of a cheap ability. Gimmicky and cheap. Though as I said, I'm not too concerned about it. Just calling it how it is.

Her father and his friends shoot energy blasts out of their hands. Exceptional humans in the world of Mortal Kombat clearly defy conventional physics all the time.

Jax's energy blasts come from his non-human arms. Sonya has a wrist gizmo for the same purpose. Johnny has canon supernatural powers. Kenshi is like a thousand years old and has supernatural powers.

I have absolutely no problem with Jacqui's gauntlets allowing her to break someone's jaw. What I have a problem with is her being inexplicably able to launch herself into the air like a cannonball. She doesn't have gauntlets on her legs. She should stay on the god damn ground like a regular person.

Giving such a bland character such an outrageous X-Ray (even by MK standards) seems like a pathetically transparent gimmick to me.

At least you're honest about simply disliking her, but I think she's fun. Cassie does treat her like a badass, referencing their tours of duty overseas. Jin and Takeda haven't seen what she can do yet when the story begins. She's more humble than Cassie, but I don't see anything wrong with a highly trained 20 year old soldier in peak shape who's fought in Iraq, Kurdistan and Darfur holding her own against those dudes.

I have nothing at all against her gameplay. It looks very fun from what I've seen, and I would never begrudge anyone playing her. But in story?

She's allowed to beat up a more impressive array of opponents than Takeda, who has a full armor bodysuit, canon supernatural powers, and who trained for ten years under one of the most powerful warriors in the MK world. And I still don't like Takeda going up against Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Smoke in his condition and not dying. Jacqui? They should have made her into pulp.

It reeks of Stryker-ism and Nightwolf-ism. "Just have him beat all the really tough bad guys without breaking a sweat, that'll totally make him a great character!" Nah. A fighter should have to earn those kind of victories, not have them fall into his or her lap in their first appearance. I don't even like Kung Jin, cousin of Kung Lao, beating Kotal Kahn like it's no big deal. Jacqui has no business fighting anyone but Reptile.

It'd be funny if he had TYL Infinite super meter and he ended up never being able to die.
I think he can only revive once, but it'd still be funny, lol.

Jax's energy blasts come from his non-human arms. Sonya has a wrist gizmo for the same purpose. Johnny has canon supernatural powers. Kenshi is like a thousand years old and has supernatural powers.

I have absolutely no problem with Jacqui's gauntlets allowing her to break someone's jaw. What I have a problem with is her being inexplicably able to launch herself into the air like a cannonball. She doesn't have gauntlets on her legs. She should stay on the god damn ground like a regular person.

Giving such a bland character such an outrageous X-Ray (even by MK standards) seems like a pathetically transparent gimmick to me.

I have nothing at all against her gameplay. It looks very fun from what I've seen, and I would never begrudge anyone playing her. But in story?

She's allowed to beat up a more impressive array of opponents than Takeda, who has a full armor bodysuit, canon supernatural powers, and who trained for ten years under one of the most powerful warriors in the MK world. And I still don't like Takeda going up against Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Smoke in his condition and not dying. Jacqui? They should have made her into pulp.

It reeks of Stryker-ism and Nightwolf-ism. "Just have him beat all the really tough bad guys without breaking a sweat, that'll totally make him a great character!" Nah. A fighter should have to earn those kind of victories, not have them fall into his or her lap in their first appearance. I don't even like Kung Jin, cousin of Kung Lao, beating Kotal Kahn like it's no big deal. Jacqui has no business fighting anyone but Reptile.

Jax fired those purple energy blasts just fine in MK2 before he ever got his non-human arms. He can also shake the earth with a punch. There's no reason to assume they aren't also supernatural in some way. We didn't know Johnny was until this game.

If you don't want any of the kids beating tough opponents then I guess that's your right! I'm fine with it. Liu Kang didn't have to "earn" his victory in MK1 -- he was the hero. They're the heroes. They're new. It happens.

Que?

18quesadillas

I like MK Legacy. Sue me. :-D

He must have been supernaturally old in the original timeline, considering that Shujinko met him when he was around 20 years old and Kenshi was already a grown man who had wandered for years and been blinded by Shang Tsung. Then Shujinko ran into him just in time for Armageddon and we know how Kenshi looked then - the exact same.

But I'm guessing that's no longer a thing in the new timeline. :(

I like MK Legacy. Sue me. :-D

He must have been supernaturally old in the original timeline, considering that Shujinko met him when he was around 20 years old and Kenshi was already a grown man who had wandered for years and been blinded by Shang Tsung. Then Shujinko ran into him just in time for Armageddon and we know how Kenshi looked then - the exact same.

But I'm guessing that's no longer a thing in the new timeline. :(

Shujinko met all sorts of people the timeline shouldn't have allowed him to meet. I don't think Deception Konquest mode works as canon even in the old timeline.

How is it cheap? You can get more than 20% health back with Kotal Kahn. You could also do more than 20% damage using those three bars instead of using them to resurrect.

How is it cheap? You can get more than 20% health back with Kotal Kahn. You could also do more than 20% damage using those three bars instead of using them to resurrect.
Because zero health left means defeated, no questions asked, no exceptions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

jasons character model should be the standard size for most fighters.
i think most models in MKX look like midgets for some reason theyre all short and wide.

i know MK9 went a little overboard with the buffness of the characters but MKX has gone too far the opposite direction the models are so small theres nothing to look at.
i think jasons model is somewhere in the middle.

its like in MK2 the character models were a decent size, then in MK3 they made all the models look smaller and not as good.
its the same kinda thing with MKX vs MK9. i think the overall size of the characters were better in MK9 (not talking porportions and muscles etc) just the overall size of the models on screen.
i guess MKX made them smaller overall so you can see the enviroment more.

id personally like to see the MKX models scaled to the size of MK9 just to see how it would of looked

Last edited:
Right now I don't remember the exact course of Deception konquest, but I think Shujinko isn't much older than the rest (psychically), or maybe he's even around the same age, more or less (given original timeline and considering that most of the events before MK1 in alternative timeline didn't change).

And why is that?

Because so far he is the one known mortal foreigner who has been to Chaosrealm and during Deception konquest it was revealed that Shujinko started to age faster than normally because of the Chaosrealm nature.

That would make the whole Deception konquest canon (which it really is, despite some inconsistencies) and explain the meeting between young Shujinko and Kenshi, and then Shujinko looking old, but Kenshi still looking around the same age.

Last edited:
Got it. I get it within the context of who he is as a character. Getting back up when you think he's dead, that's what he's been doing for over 3 decades.

Still, it being a fighting game...it's a bit of a cheap ability. Gimmicky and cheap. Though as I said, I'm not too concerned about it. Just calling it how it is.

He gets back up at the end of the round with 15% health and no meter to Break with. He's basically a sitting duck.

Adding into the fact that he doesn't get to hold onto his meter for a surprise X-Ray or combo in R2, and it's honestly really, really bad.

I still have no Jason. I hit check for update, nothing there, checked PS store, nothing there. I have the Kombat Pack but I don't have Jason. :(

Because zero health left means defeated, no questions asked, no exceptions.

So what?
They're paying homage to the character.

He only gets 15% back if he has full meter, which isn't very likely to happen at the end of the 2nd round, especially online.
Worst case scenario is 15%, best case scenario is 5%.
I'm pretty sure that online vs a very good Mileena, Sub-Zero or Erron Black, said Jason user will either be using 2 bars of meter for a braker as not to get their ass pummeled in a combo or be using EX moves to escape Erron Black's zoning.
I have NO issue with this homage, AT ALL.