Kung Lao Revealed!

This is why I was hoping that none of the dead characters would come back for MKX.
If this is Kung Lao, then NRS has opened the floodgate for "Please bring back _____________."
So much for new and post-MK3 characters.
I guess people want to see the same rehashed shit.
I hope that MKX doesn't turn out to be just a bullshit MK GOLD version 2.0.

Less than half the cast from MK9 appear to be returning, so it is not a rehash. It does not matter if it opens up a flood gate since dead characters have always returned in MK whether fans like it or not and I doubt the producers would care if a small proportion of fans demand Nightwolf to come back. Most new characters after MK3 were awful, but there is enough room for the good ones, and enough room for the new characters.

Kung Lao was one of the most popular characters, so from a strategic standpoint, it was completely the right decision to bring him back.

Less than half the cast from MK9 appear to be returning, so it is not a rehash. It does not matter if it opens up a flood gate since dead characters have always returned in MK whether fans like it or not and I doubt the producers would care if a small proportion of fans demand Nightwolf to come back. Most new characters after MK3 were awful, but there is enough room for the good ones, and enough room for the new characters.

Kung Lao was one of the most popular characters, so from a strategic standpoint, it was completely the right decision to bring him back.
Not to mention the fact that Kung Lao was a MAJOR success on the tournament scene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Not to mention the fact that Kung Lao was a MAJOR success on the tournament scene.

That's what I kept telling ppl but they told me to stfu lol.

"Fans think that all of my work is flashing lights and special effects..what they don't know is.. I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

That's what I kept telling ppl but they told me to stfu lol.

"Fans think that all of my work is flashing lights and special effects..what they don't know is.. I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

He was a success only in how he played. That's it. No reason to bring him back for that reason alone. Virtually any character can be made into a tournament favorite.

Exactly. When they first made MK9, I am sure their initial intention was for Kung Lao to die and not come back in the next game, however with not only his tournament success, but his huge popularity, it would have been foolish to not consider bringing him back. Storylines should never take priority...

At this rate, I think the dead fighters will likely come back to life during the story mode. Maybe they come back 10 years after MK9 then we see an aged version of Kung Lao 25 years later.

Exactly. When they first made MK9, I am sure their initial intention was for Kung Lao to die and not come back in the next game, however with not only his tournament success, but his huge popularity, it would have been foolish to not consider bringing him back. Storylines should never take priority...
EXACTLY! Gameplay ALWAYS trumps story.

This is why I was hoping that none of the dead characters would come back for MKX.
If this is Kung Lao, then NRS has opened the floodgate for "Please bring back _____________."
So much for new and post-MK3 characters.
I guess people want to see the same rehashed shit.
I hope that MKX doesn't turn out to be just a bullshit MK GOLD version 2.0.

Yeah I agree, this does point more to the rehash side of things, despite the fact that around the announcement Boon said it wouldn't be fan service this time around...

Now it's impossible that Kitana is left out for example and if the other 3 of the original 7 are in, then we can say goodbye to practically anyone else...

Also, does anyone recall any Kung Lao related tweets by Ed Boon?

At this rate, I think the dead fighters will likely come back to life during the story mode. Maybe they come back 10 years after MK9 then we see an aged version of Kung Lao 25 years later.

If they're all brought back 10 years after MK9, then the most they could timeskip to is 15 years later, not 25. Kung would have to be revived near the start to age so much.

I love Kung Lao as much as the next guy, but WTF?! He is dead, he should stay dead, i'am sick and tired of these silly resurrections. Was it that hard to not kill Sub-Zero, Kitana and Kung Lao in MK9?

I agree, i don't mind Kung Lao coming back, but they shouldn't have killed him in the first place. Now the Mortal Kombat (2011) story just seems less impressive.

I agree, i don't mind Kung Lao coming back, but they shouldn't have killed him in the first place. Now the Mortal Kombat (2011) story just seems less impressive.

True that. But you know Ed Boon will just ignore all the tweets relating to this anyway...

One of the most significative moments of MK9 was when Kung Lao died.

That was the moment when Liu Kang "this fight never happened" became the "you will taste your own blood".

A coward neck twist. Aaaaand now he's back.

Just wanna see how. This explanation must be good because damn...

I'm happy Kung Lao is coming back from the dead because that, hopefully, means a lot of great [dead] characters are going to be revived too.
I'm absolutely not sorry that my favorite character was not introduced in later games after UMK3 or was one of the characters that survived the events of MK9.

I did thought how he died in 2011 was just dumb.

They better at least give him more of a decent role in this story than what he had in the previous one. Felt like they really could care less what direction they wanted to give him for that story since like... what is there to do with him when you have Liu Kang?

KL is cool but I'm just worried about how they will handle him this time because In MK9 he is overpowered IMO. I hope he doesn't have a million n special moves....