Baraka Thread - *Ching Ching* "RAAAAAR!"

OP, please see this so that maybe things can be a little cleaner in the first post.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...ad*-official-formatting-for-character-threads

Some quick suggestions:

-Add Spoiler Boxes for each section you have now

-A short description of Baraka and how he plays at the top of the first post

-Add # of hits and damage (in %s) at the beginning of each kombo.

Thanks!

I REALLY don't think not using spoiler boxes is "sloppy" at all. I'm not posting a million videos, if so I'll just link them anyway. I can do the description but Baraka's being changed very soon, that's why I'm also waiting on the strategy. And is Damage % is being changed also. So going through all that now seems irrelevant :/

Whoa whoa. Not saying that the absence of Spoiler boxes is sloppy at all. All I'm saying is that it makes it much faster to navigate the sections, especially to newer users.
Anyway, as I've said before. Your thread, your call. I was just making a few suggestions.

Haha sorry if I came off defensive brotha, wasn't trying to be a dick. I just think the spoiler boxes are sloppy and who wants to open one, then another and find there's nothing in there? Haha. I'm not even sure about putting damage % in there, people rely WAY too much on trying to do the most damaging combo out there, when quite frankly, Baraka's "simple" combos are difficult and VERY execution heavy. Though it's my thread, I'll update Baraka suggestions to combos, strategy, matchups, etc. But until I get some I'm just going to stick to what I know, and that's Execution > Power :)

Thanks for the suggestions man, my bad for coming off defensive

Haha sorry if I came off defensive brotha, wasn't trying to be a dick. I just think the spoiler boxes are sloppy and who wants to open one, then another and find there's nothing in there? Haha. I'm not even sure about putting damage % in there, people rely WAY too much on trying to do the most damaging combo out there, when quite frankly, Baraka's "simple" combos are difficult and VERY execution heavy. Though it's my thread, I'll update Baraka suggestions to combos, strategy, matchups, etc. But until I get some I'm just going to stick to what I know, and that's Execution > Power :)

Thanks for the suggestions man, my bad for coming off defensive

No problem dude ;) btw I added you on PSN so maybe we can spar sometime. Otherwise no problem, haha whatever you think suits the Baraka thread best :p

I'll leave it up to you to convince me and others of his utility ^_^

I do t hate it, just need to work on it, baraka is a pressure player and I'm picking it up really quick. Fool is vicious in the corner for real

i'd really like to see how well you use baraka vs how i use baraka. currently, baraka is my primary fighter.

add me and we'll give it a go. PSN: boX-

i'm down Box, I'll be on later after work. I've never had a Baraka mirror match before haha, maybe we can give each other tips and stuff

I've been playing against some Barakas online. I don't want to sound ****y, but when someone picks Baraka, I feel it's an automatic win for me, because I do feel Baraka is one character that desperately NEEDS to be improved. I had two very good Baraka players, really, but he's no match against faster characters or projectile beasts (he simply doesn't work for mid-long distance combat). I almost feel sorry for them, feeling I should let them win, because they chose Baraka (yay no Scorpion or Smoke!) and actually play very good with him, it's just... he doesn't have what it takes to win battles constantly against many of the other characters.

I think they should make his combos to cause much more damage and probably a little bit faster. I'd say Baraka is one of the slowest in the game, but he simply doesn't have the Sub-Zero advantages to freeze the oponnent for a few seconds. Even Kano or Jax - also slow - have very fast moves to attack the opponent from the distance. Baraka needs more advantage, I hope NRS really considers to put more effort on him as I feel he's not balanced with the rest of the roster. I actually hate Baraka, he's always been my bottom in MK2 and Trilogy, but I do want a balanced game and Baraka is not up there with the rest in my opinion.

I agree with that 100%. Except Baraka has one really annoying advantage, his wake up attacks. He has so many and it can turn the battle easily.

It's true he's at a disadvantage in high zoning matches, but he DOES have a VERY effective move to close the gap from about jump distance. Blade Charge will do this, send them toward the corner, and is fairly safe on block. It isn't safe on jump overs though and you'll probably pay haha. He's getting damage increase and juggle option to his slices, he'll be a force to be reckoned with I promise. One huge disadvantage to online is even with slight lag zone characters have even more advantage, I find it hard to even dash block effectively most of the time. Like I'll block and my dash comes out late due to lag and such. I understand Zoning characters have the same lag and I don't blame my loss on it, but it's much easier to zone than it is to work in when there's lag. It can be an uphill battle for Baraka, but I've still come out on top of more than a few sub zeros and noob zoners, so it's not impossible. Slow fight though

I just came to post i love the title of this thread, *Ching Ching* "RAAAAAR" lol

Haha thanks, a lot of people seem to like it :p

Last edited:
Baraka is definately a close character (and a deadly one). I am reading that they are planning a Baraka damage buff and a mid launcher in the next patch, good, he NEEDS to cause more damage so he can at least give a fight. Even if he doesn't have tools for long distance fights, people will think twice before runing suicide attempts to fight Baraka hand-to-hand.

Damage buff is exactly what Baraka needs.

Baraka is definately a close character (and a deadly one). I am reading that they are planning a Baraka damage buff and a mid launcher in the next patch, good, he NEEDS to cause more damage so he can at least give a fight. Even if he doesn't have tools for long distance fights, people will think twice before runing suicide attempts to fight Baraka hand-to-hand.

Damage buff is exactly what Baraka needs.

Yeah, at the moment he's a kitty, after the patch he'll be a tiger :p haha

I just realized how brutal Barakas rushing beat downs are, if you're careful you can counter just about anything.

I think the only real Zoning Problem I've had with Baraka is Sub Zero Ice Clone/Ice Ball trap thing, but that's simple enough to overcome with an Ex-Blade Charge; it has a point of armor, wait for the Ice Ball to be blocked and then Charge through the Clone.

What to do WITHOUT the EX-BC, I have NO idea.....

14 hit 51% baraka xray wall combo(s)

b31 b31 b31 b31 b1 1 xray hehe barakas beast like now!
^this one will go through a standing blocking opponent

or for 1 more percent of damage..lol

2 2 2+1, b31 b31 b31 b31 b 1 1 X-ray

^ this one will go through a ducking blocking opponent

these are post patch xrays/combos i was fooling around with today and you can replace the xray for chop chop if you'd like

Last edited:
Just experimented with Baraka and discovered 3 new (useful) combos:

1. Chop Chop, Blade Charge. 8 hits/19%

2. B3, 1, 121, Spark. 6 hits/29% <--- [[Damn!]]

3. Corner: B3, 1, B3, 1, B3, 1, B3, 1, B3, 1, B3. 11 hits/38%

Welcome back, Baraka; I missed you!