Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If there are 5 final characters, here is another idea I have (considering fan demands and not having the boss character, Kronika, be playable)...

1. Sareena OR Li Mei (At least one of them have to make it!!! Who ever makes it should have a sword AND the kamas.)

2. Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, and Hydro as one character (similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2).

3. Reptile

4. Takeda, Kenshi, OR Ermac (At least one of them with the telekinetic powers!!!)

5. Havik

No more guests unless they are Xena, Bloodrayne, Buffy, or any other female guest character!!!

Last edited:
BBBLP said:
You can still see her with the purple smoke.

Was that the regular version?
Don't know if they showed an amplified version of it in the stream, but even with Reptile in MKX the move made him semi-transparent unless you amplified it to make him completely invisible

If there are 5 final characters, here is another idea I have (considering fan demands and not having the boss character, Kronika, be playable)...

1. Sareena OR Li Mei (At least one of them have to make it!!! Who ever makes it should have a sword AND the kamas.)

2. Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, and Hydro as one character (similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Injustice 2).

3. Reptile

4. Takeda, Kenshi, OR Ermac (At least one of them with the telekinetic powers!!!)

5. Havik

No more guests unless they are Xena, Bloodrayne, Buffy, or any other female guest character!!!

I've given up on seeing more 3D era characters as DLC for this game.
Aside from Fujin, with WB / NRS favoring more of the klassic characters and guests for DLC for this game, it's not likely to happen, imo.
Fujin was being asked for since MKvsDC (given the announcer audio file found for him in MK9), but the rest of the 3D era cast doesn't have THAT much demand for them.
You see a few more people asking for Havik and Sareena now with Fujin being in, but it's not to the levels that you see people asking for the remaining klassic characters (minus Stryker).

Was that the regular version?
Don't know if they showed an amplified version of it in the stream, but even with Reptile in MKX the move made him semi-transparent unless you amplified it to make him completely invisible

I've given up on seeing more 3D era characters as DLC for this game.
Aside from Fujin, with WB / NRS favoring more of the klassic characters and guests for DLC for this game, it's not likely to happen, imo.
Fujin was being asked for since MKvsDC (given the announcer audio file found for him in MK9), but the rest of the 3D era cast doesn't have THAT much demand for them.
You see a few more people asking for Havik and Sareena now with Fujin being in, but it's not to the levels that you see people asking for the remaining klassic characters (minus Stryker).

Honestly, all I ask for and need in this game in terms of DLC content are a Posion Ivy outfit for Cetrion (with no bugs/glitches) and AT LEAST ONE of ANY of the following characters...

* Kronika
* Sareena
* Li Mei

I'm not going to ask for Nitara or Khameleon any more and wait for them in the next game. Though they'd make an excellent addition to this game.

After those character and content mentioned, I should be good for MK11. I also beg that there will be NO NERFS FOR CETRION!!! She's the way she is. But buffs for her would be excellent.

A run mechanic would be a lovely addition by pressing forward and the switch stance button at the same time while the defensive meter is used.

Hi all,

After game update to MK11 on XSX to Ultimate version (I have purchased standard version) story mode is not available. Only information appears Estimated time to share:Unavailable. Any idea why?

Hi all,

After game update to MK11 on XSX to Ultimate version (I have purchased standard version) story mode is not available. Only information appears Estimated time to share:Unavailable. Any idea why?
Not sure if this helps but i'd just uninstall and download Ultimate again. I remember having a similar issue with my nephews xbox with call of duty. You have to download certain things one at a time for it to work.

Hi all,

The only rational conclusion I can come up with is that new video game consoles generally suck at launch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Idk. They messed up the lore lately. Raiden in mk11 doesn't even know about Taven and Daegon. Unless he was just setting up the "are they as annoying as you joke" earlier.

I'm low-key tight they never took advantage of legacy skins. It was a huge missed opportunity to get a Bi Han/Kuai combo, a Taven/Daegon combo kind of or even bring in John Turk or Rich Divizio. Both of those guys still look in incredible shape and Turk doesn't sound too different from the DJ they used as a Sub skin.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Ermac, Taven, Daegon, or Cyrax/Sektor.

It'd be neat if they were at least secret unlockables for Vs imo

I'm still happy we got Rain, Rambo and Mileena though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hello good people, long time no see.

I think the amount of leaks that have been appearing are turning the expectations of the game convoluted.

Currently we are at a stage where we hope to see what comes next to check if the leaker claim isn't moot. Curious enough, they don't want to debunk each other...convenient.

I just read a long text of very possibly someone that took time of their lives to expand DVD guy (apparent) leak, adding a lot of stuff, and boy, it was more convoluted than MKX comics.

Usually I don't take "leaks" in themselves with any amount of seriousness.

I lurk on the MK11 leaks subreddit and I DO take more seriously stuff that people like Saliance and TheThinny (at least he used to put stuff there) data mine, because those 2 are some of the various people that have data mined files like "ROB" for Robocop, along with the "Test Your Luck" which is in the most recent update, also the "MIL," "RAN" and "RAMB" files, the announcer files for Raiden and Johnny Cage, Friendships and some of the stages that came with Aftermath like the Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and Retrokade.

The ONLY one who seems to be consistent in "leaks" from what I can see is that Waddlesleaker dude, and even then, if it's not an actual data mine of stuff found then I still take it with a grain of salt.

You guys see Dom say that the MKX comics are no longer cannon?

Seriously, f#ck that guy

Yep. The only canon parts are the ones they like, according to him. Which now makes Kotal a complete Biiiiiit%h. If comics aren't canon, then there is nothing badass about him.

Basically NRS hired themselves some Amateur writers.

Yep. The only canon parts are the ones they like, according to him. Which now makes Kotal a complete Biiiiiit%h. If comics aren't canon, then there is nothing badass about him.

Basically NRS hired themselves some Amateur writers.

I really don't feel like massive lore revelations should be revealed on a haphazard twitter reply.
Him saying the Titans are above the One Being was, and yes I'm going full nerd on this, actually offensive to me lmao.

You guys see Dom say that the MKX comics are no longer cannon?

Seriously, f#ck that guy

I agree.
The MKX comics had some of the best character development that I had seen in a long time for not only some of the newer characters but characters like Goro and King Gorbak, as well.
NRS really needs to get Vogel back to doing more of the writing and hire someone else as equally competent to help in the writing department.
For fvcks sake, is there no way that they can hire Tobias back in any measure, even if it's just as a special consultant for the lore and story part of the games???
Holy Shit! While MK9 did have some changes to the lore, it wasn't at the level of change that this asshole is trying to spew.

I must be the only one happy. Those comics were blatantly non canon, anyone could see that. It's not up to me or to any of you you to try to join contradicting events because Kittelsen and NRS were writing two different stuff. People might dislike the direction MKX took, I have my critics about it too, but I stick with the game 100%.

Sure, the comics had glorious moments for characters like Kotal (and some others too, specially in the early beginnings), but I don't miss them, instead I think MK11 could have portrayed someone like him better.

I honestly couldn't like comics that were conflicting DIRECTLY with MKX, the time periods, Ermac's relationship with Mileena, Black Dragon with Erron Black, kids in Outworld, Sky Temple, Red Dragon and Onaga, and a lot more. A little here and there is still canon, Sub-Zero acknowledges Kano made the scar, because of course they should keep some BS.

Besides, the comics were written by someone outspokenly a Havik fan. Nothing against it, but that was the only way someone could slip under the door this delusional romance of the character being a mastermind of anything. Havik is, to the date of this message, a fanatic zealot and that's it. He's not even a tertiary antagonist, a character like Dairou has more backstory and plot potential than him. If people wanna rewrite him more interestingly, sure, power to 3D era, but ffs, we don't have to break the entire system and potentially screw other plots.

But who knows, we live in an era where "Mileena [is] Queen of Mortal Kombat".

Edit:

I agree.
NRS really needs to get Vogel back to doing more of the writing and hire someone else as equally competent to help in the writing department.
For fvcks sake, is there no way that they can hire Tobias back in any measure, even if it's just as a special consultant for the lore and story part of the games???

100% agreed. I personally think the Tobias-Vogel build up of the universe is genius. I honestly liked some changes made from MK9 to now, Tobias himself has acknowledged they were necessary to keep going, and I think more opportunities were created, but I still miss their take.

I honestly see the abstraction of characters and places Tobias did with the concrete stuff Vogel came up to flesh out the first as absolutely fantastic. I like stuff Dom did, but the dauntlessness of the OG timeline is something we don't see anymore.

Last edited:
I must be the only one happy. Those comics were blatantly non canon, anyone could see that. It's not up to me or to any of you you to try to join contradicting events because Kittelsen and NRS were writing two different stuff. People might dislike the direction MKX took, I have my critics about it too, but I stick with the game 100%.

Sure, the comics had glorious moments for characters like Kotal (and some others too, specially in the early beginnings), but I don't miss them, instead I think MK11 could have portrayed someone like him better.

I honestly couldn't like comics that were conflicting DIRECTLY with MKX, the time periods, Ermac's relationship with Mileena, Black Dragon with Erron Black, kids in Outworld, Sky Temple, Red Dragon and Onaga, and a lot more. A little here and there is still canon, Sub-Zero acknowledges Kano made the scar, because of course they should keep some BS.

I mean the story of the comic was infinitely more interesting than MKX's story, so I was fine with them contradicting.

I mean the story of the comic was infinitely more interesting than MKX's story, so I was fine with them contradicting.

Amen to that. MKX story was pretty much "Johnny Cage and his family's adventures". The overused "new generation is better, etc"

MKX comics actually showed a pretty decent amount of the world itself. Hell, Civil War arc was 1000 times more interesting, than the cheap "Ultimate Evil, stronger than previous one, all worlds in danger!". We seen it a thousands times and will see even more of it.

I wonder how Dom would feel when the next guy in line takes over the MK story, and declares "MK11 is not canon". :lol:

Which now makes Kotal a complete Biiiiiit%h. If comics aren't canon, then there is nothing badass about him.

Well, he still has the biggest rack in game...

I think MKX story could have been much more interesting, but the comics were absurdly immersion breaking *to me*. I can understand where you are coming, but MK is a gaming franchise, not comic, so the comic should follow the game, not the other way around. I think it was a demerit of the game, not a merit of the comic, and I know who would survive a canon clash.

I'm not denying, once again, MKX had major flaws and the comics had amazingly enjoyable moments, but I couldn't stand when the comics started inventing BS, and making up relations out of nowhere that sometimes were even breaking stuff from other games. If MKX was about the Civil War and Shinnok plot, it would have been perfect (I don't abdicate the Shinnok plot cause that was something that was tried TWICE).

The Kombat kids would have been even more interesting if the focus was on a civil war. That would at the least spare MK11 to pretend they never existed once NRS didn't know what to do with that decision.

I'm liking Mileena. She's very similar to MKX but slightly slower.

Also, new secret Krushing Blow Brutalities are available. I can't wait for Fatal Blow Brutalities.

Last edited:

Agreed 100%.
Plus, at least the MKX comics starting giving other characters more interesting plot character development than the main story.

The Kombat kids would have been even more interesting if the focus was on a civil war. That would at the least spare MK11 to pretend they never existed once NRS didn't know what to do with that decision.

And THAT right there is the problem with the MKX game's story: it didn't know where the hell it wanted to go.

NRS stared this cool story about Outworld and the events going on with Kotal and the civil war, then all of the sudden it's like they suddenly remembered that Shinnok was just trapped and not dead and were like "fvck Kotal Kahn and this progress that we made. Let's go back to Shinnok and wrap this shit up already."
Whether or not that's what they were intentionally going for or not, that was the implication with the writing (at least in my opinion).
That was just 1 of some of the times where these new characters would get fvcked over in favor of a storyline pertaining to a pre-existing character.
Who are Ferra / Torr? Who the fvck knows?
Even with the comics shedding some light on them, at the end of the day they still didn't get much character development.
Who is Erron Black? Wouldn't fvcking know if I just played the game's story mode, and all we have to go on is an ending which may or may not have been canon at the time.
D'Vorah?...........Still a random goddamn henchwoman, despite the fact that she could have lead to a new cool story arc, but no, let's make her side-character fodder for Kotal in MKX and side-character fodder for Shao Kahn / Kronika in MK11.

At least in the comics some of the characters who don't usually get the spotlight had more development to them like Goro, King Gorback, Havik, Reiko and Daegon. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people that gave a shit about them prior to the MKX comics, but the MKX comics DID put those 3D era characters on the map for more people.