SoulCalibur V Confirmed

I'm in the same boat as others have said; I've lost interest in Soul Calibur after SC3. I did play SC4 and it got boring pretty quickly, even though it looked great, it just did keep my attention.

Soul Calibur 2 is and always will be my absolute favorite in the series. Mainly because Astaroth and Nightmare were damn-near perfect. And I've had so many good memories with this game, for both arcade and console versions.

So while I'm not too hyped about Soul Calibur V, I will play it regardless. Looking forward to playing as Astaroth, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Nightmare, Ivy, and not Kratos. ;-)

If Astaroth isn't in, I'm probably not getting it :?

But if Necrid finally makes his return, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

^Dude, yes. Necrid was a BEAST. I've always loved that character. His voice was so metal. :-D

I guess Necrid was just too beast for Soul Calibur. Beast on another level. ;-) That'd be amazing if he returned.

I guess Necrid was just too beast for Soul Calibur. Beast on another level. ;-) That'd be amazing if he returned.

I actually just now read it was because Necrid was created by a guy named Tod Mcfarlen, I think that was his name.
Therefor he isn't actually Namco's property.

But I read that from Youtube, sooooo, take it how you want to lol.

Yeah, the creator of Spawn and McFarlane Toys, Todd McFarlane. Makes sense. Oh well. +Rep for the Necrid hails and video. Now I want to play SC2, solely for Necrid! haha

If there are going to be new characters in this game, I would also like to see each of these characters with unique and new weaponry that we havent seen before. Aka, a kusarigama or even two sickles attached by a chain, or even a giant meteor hammer (A long chain with a big iron weight at the end). Im tired of seeing different variations of the same swords, spears and axes/hammers. Dont get me wrong, the swords/spears/axes/etc should be in the game as the basic weapon sets, but I want to see something new/creative ;)

If there are going to be new characters in this game, I would also like to see each of these characters with unique and new weaponry that we havent seen before. Aka, a kusarigama or even two sickles attached by a chain, or even a giant meteor hammer (A long chain with a big iron weight at the end). Im tired of seeing different variations of the same swords, spears and axes/hammers. Dont get me wrong, the swords/spears/axes/etc should be in the game as the basic weapon sets, but I want to see something new/creative ;)

Same here.

Looking at your sig brings a whole slew of ideas for new weapons.

Can't wait to see how Astaroth looks.

Even though how he plays never changes, his look has yet to disappoint me.

Him and Yoshimitsu always go through drastic changes every game.
They're like the Reptiles of Soul Calibur.

17 years later... that means Ivy is gonna be 49 and taki is gonna be 46.... FATALITY!:bawling:

I just hope they won't pull a Tekken 3 and remove most of the female characters from the previous game for them to never return or at least not return for a long time.

Reactions: p53
I use to love it in soul blade when you built up your soul edge meter and pulled off a soul edge move, i can't remember if it was in the other games.

Soulcalibur IV is the most fun two players fighting game for me and loved to unlock and search for items to customize the characters (spend many hours with this game) hope to release it soon because i hear that it is coming almost one two years now like DOA5.