anyone else done playing online?

I've had it with playing online. I can't stand people being only 5 characters and just spamming the same attacks and combs again and again. Last night I played a total of 11 matches.... the only characters were Raiden, Scorpion, and Kung Lao... after getting hit by a hundred supermans, and the same scorpion combo all night. I've decided that I'm done. I like to have fun. Not play cheap jerks.

Yea i was the same way i but if they spam i spam back than they stop. I only get annoyed by others that dont know ANY kombos whatsoever. Im talking about the raiden torpedo spammers ( i love raiden btw ) and the scorpion teleport, spear, hellfire attack people. LOL they never win I played yesterday and i won 7 games in a row. 5 games straight were scorpion players and they all lost to my shang tsung, liu kang , kabal, and raiden. You think they would have learned from the last guy

Welcome to "Competative Play". ;)

Those kids you played were probably pro level players who are damn good at "zoning" you. And don't question anyone. Spamming = Zoning. It's a pro tactic. It's called zoning now, and it's legitimate play so... if you say anything otherwise, prepare to get crucified by 'tournament players' who will get their elite friends to dump on you on here. Just a heads up my friend.
But you are not the only one who feels the same about what has happened to a once great community, that used to exist about a DECADE AND A HALF ago. Wonder where all the other cool cats like FatSatan and BarakaMK went? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, people are done online just because they face the same character 400 times? Who cares?

The lag and disconnects made me give up online for a bit. Other than that, I couldn't care less if I faced 1000 Scorpions in a row.

Just sounds like the only reason people are mad about it is that they can't beat the characters....

I'll agree with Jade though, after quite a few losses to nothing but scorpions,ermacs, liu kangs, kung lao's, etc etc, you'll be able to get past them pretty handily. It's just the question of: DO you want to stick around online, deal with douchebaggery, and cheapness, and take losses? OR do you wanna just play for fun? That's the real question here my friend.

*WARNING: The video belows contains language. Just a heads up for those at work or who are afraid of language ;) but I assure you it's not even close to what you'll see online this game with smack talk... ok, well, maybe its about the same lol*
Just for laughs, but did you know? The smack talkers of Mortal Kombat have came together to create a video. (I'm in this video too, my cameo is the kid with the fake tan playing Madden!.... just kidding! LOL).
And if that offended you, then I'm sorry. x) But I think it'll at least put a smile on someones face out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sore losers, sore winners. It's all the same really lol. But in all honesty, put yourself in a new players perspective, where they don't understand how to deal with Ermac's, Raiden's, Noob's, etc etc, and you can't blame them for being flustered. Even if they go to the beginners room, there are people there with incredible w/l ratios who snack on them for wins. Sad, but true. I don't mind competative gaming, especially for MK (I personally think it's great), but at the same time, you have to ask yourself: Is competative gaming killing the just for fun attitude we all used to have when we first started playing MK in the arcades? You know? I suppose I feel a love/hate relationship towards competative play in general for this game (and gaming in general).

I've had it with playing online. I can't stand people being only 5 characters and just spamming the same attacks and combs again and again. Last night I played a total of 11 matches.... the only characters were Raiden, Scorpion, and Kung Lao... after getting hit by a hundred supermans, and the same scorpion combo all night. I've decided that I'm done. I like to have fun. Not play cheap jerks.

Same here, every 2nd match a scorpion scrub as opponent. it really is boring like shit at the moment. and if its not scorpion, then it is raiden or subzero. + the online mode is STILL crappy like shit, not very much fun at all witha ll these problems all the time. And winning vs all these scrubs online is no fun after some hours, even if you do 80% winratio. it sucks.

lol whats that show on vh1 with all the tools online is exactly like that.

oh and for the op online is full of losers and real children that have kno reason to be playing online or mk for that matter. but there are always a good apple among the rotten bunch.

Done in your sore looser way? No. Done as in MK online plays like shit disconnecting all the time? Yes.

I'm not a sore loser. When I play against my friends I usually let them get a few hits instead of me constantly spamming Reptiles acid ball. It's annoying when Raiden supermans u the whole round and holds you un a corner

Psychosis, I understand how hard it is when you're an aggressive style player, but try to block a lot more, when Raiden teleports, duck, release block and instantly low kick him and go right into a combo. You should easily be able to counter with that attack. Just takes practice brother.

not having fun = sad excuse for you? Ah yeah... sure, you are the man dude.

Let's look at WHY he isn't having fun....it isn't the disconnects or lag, it's just because he is playing the same characters a bunch of times and people spam....who you fight shouldn't really matter much....and the spamming can be blocked and countered....he just needs to learn how to do it.

Just my opinion but this sounds more like he is upset that he can't beat these people.

i sort off had these feelings this morning when i was loosing alot on 2player online tag, but now my friend has gone im blaming it all on him lol.
Its is very annoying, as everyone ive played online just seems to have one hook, a combo a move that they wait for you to fall into. i find it annoying when some one is just stationary stood blocking waiting for you to **** up so they can hit a 15 hit combo that they have spent hours perfecting, or just spamming moves at will but i wouldnt say these little bastards should be a reason for you to stop playing some thing you used to enjoy. Go back to the drawing board and try and learn some defense, its what im doing atm. Im loosing alot more as im still trying to find the happy medium between offense a defense, but its getting there. Just practice man, theres no reason why you cant be the better or on the same level as some off these guys, if you have the time or really want to be. Its apparent that a vast majority of folk online in the EU anyway have no live outside playing this game and do you really want to put that much time into the game, just to get a win loss record that looks good and to be fair no one in the right mind would really give a shit about? Just try and have fun with it dude dont give up just yet!

this is the main reason i dont go into lobbys anymore i just do a invite kjing of the hill wit a few mates and do hidden randoms its more fun to play that way and thats all i care about i dont care about wins and losses coz they mean nothing online anyone will tell u that so if up for some matches in hidden random and live in europe and on ps3 hit me up psn is timmo2000

i think i found your problem sir, your block button is broken!

i dont use raiden at all, but his superman is far from OP, all it has going for it (as i said in a diff thread not 5 minutes ago) is the startup speed and how far it pushes you. if you block it you get a full juggle out of it every time. his best thing ive seen are teleport mindgame/mixups which can be stuffed with a few ways like d+3/d+4 as a example, and if you have a char that can link (not combo, but link) a move from those 2 hes never gonna get you with his teleport game.

Welcome to "Competative Play". ;)

Those kids you played were probably pro level players who are damn good at "zoning" you. And don't question anyone. Spamming = Zoning. It's a pro tactic. It's called zoning now, and it's legitimate play so... if you say anything otherwise, prepare to get crucified by 'tournament players' who will get their elite friends to dump on you on here. Just a heads up my friend.
But you are not the only one who feels the same about what has happened to a once great community, that used to exist about a DECADE AND A HALF ago. Wonder where all the other cool cats like FatSatan and BarakaMK went? ;)

BarakaMK is still around. I recently convinced him to actually put down L.A.Noire and finish story mode on MK 2011. :) He and I play on Xbox 360, he doesn't go by the tag of BarakaMK on there, though.

As for playing online, I enjoy using random select for my matches. The only time I choose a specific character, it's because the person I'm fighting with is being a dick. Sending me messages when I beat them with a randomly chosen character and being an ass about it saying I was lucky, or if they do the crouch "teabag" and act like a jerk. Then I pull out a character I'm really good with and show them why I random. It's just boring for me to use the same character, it's about having fun and challenge in matches for me, not about how I trounced someone X times in a row.