Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Or it'll be 3 guests in KP1 and 3 guests in KP2.

I really hope your way would happen because it gives more chances for other MK characters to shine as DLC. Time to brainstorm to see how It'd be if it was your suggestion (noting the leaks in the past as well)...

* Pennywise

Also, the number of female characters should increase (1 in KP1, 2 in KP2, and 3 in KP3) and be a total of 6 (an even number) female DLC characters by the time the game is completely done.

Pennywise is not going to happen. That ship has sailed because the hype for It is now long over.

Pennywise is not going to happen. That ship has sailed because the hype for It is now long over.

Yeah, they ain't gonna do two killer clowns as DLC.

There are people that think Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal may get in. In addition to being another killer clown, I don't think he's likely because after Kratos, I doubt NRS will be doing any more console exclusive characters.

"Wiggle Stick" is the attack move when you press B+2 (B+Triangle for PS4). Perform this as the last move that hits the opponent and then pressing "block" will trigger her to use her "Staff Overhead" move (from MK9) with her pole, stunning the opponent in place (rather than a pop up). Then she teleports behind him to shove the pole up his rectum as a brutality, vertically impaling him from anus to shoulder.

Simple as that. No other requirements would be necessary. ;)

I think any more than four guests would be overkill, but unfortunately I wouldn't put it past NRS to put at least two in KP2.

If by any chance we do get five MK characters in KP2, my choices are Fujin, Sheeva, Havik, Sareena and Khrome(who would be this game's Skarlet/Tremor).

If we get 5 MK characters and 1 guest (considering that DLC will not be repeated and others have been deconfirmed) I'd choose...

1. Fujin
2. Sheeva (Can have Tanya's Kobu Jutsu blades.)
3. Sareena (Has Kamas and her MKA sword. Can also have Li Mei's Kunlun Dao when customized.)
4. Takeda (With Kenshi's Sword.)
5. Havik
6. Ash Williams

Tanya skins would be nice for Jade, Skarlet, and Cetrion as well. ;)

Last edited:
I still think it’s going to be Sheeva, Fujin and Ash with the remaining 3 spots being.....

-MK character

As much as I’d hate to see another 3 guests in a KP, I seriously doubt that Ash will be the only one.

Again, this also going off the assumption that NRS does a full KP. I also wouldn’t put it past NRS to pull an Injustice 1 and just gave us those 3 characters instead of a full KP2.
Seems a bit odd (to me) that those were the only 3 characters data mined for KP2 and that people haven’t found other characters with data mining like they have with subsequent updates that have also given us the finisher type coming to MK11.
That said, IF they do another full KP, I think that Havik stands a decent chance, given that he had a konsumable (3-slot) that was removed earlier on in May, in a similar fashion to Starfire’s assist in Injustice 2.
This could just be mere coincidence, but I’m still a bit curious about it.

I know you guys hate guest characters, but god damn do I love Joker in this game. I think he might be my main. I love how obnoxious this character is.

I still think it’s going to be Sheeva, Fujin and Ash with the remaining 3 spots being.....

-MK character

As much as I’d hate to see another 3 guests in a KP, I seriously doubt that Ash will be the only one.

Again, this also going off the assumption that NRS does a full KP. I also wouldn’t put it past NRS to pull an Injustice 1 and just gave us those 3 characters instead of a full KP2.
Seems a bit odd (to me) that those were the only 3 characters data mined for KP2 and that people haven’t found other characters with data mining like they have with subsequent updates that have also given us the finisher type coming to MK11.
That said, IF they do another full KP, I think that Havik stands a decent chance, given that he had a konsumable (3-slot) that was removed earlier on in May, in a similar fashion to Starfire’s assist in Injustice 2.
This could just be mere coincidence, but I’m still a bit curious about it.

I still hope that that one MK character is either Sareena, Li Mei, Kronika, Nitara, Mileena, Khameleon, Kira, OR Ashrah, at least.

OR

Any of those can replace Sheeva instead if Havik will make it in the roster.

And the 2 remaining guests should be Christie (DOA) and Belladonna (Thrill Kill)... Ok I doubt those guest character requests of mine will happen. LOL

I like the two month gap that we get with the DLC characters. It keeps things feel fresh and not burning people out with too much content. I don't want this game to be like Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled where the game saw a huge drop off of due to the game burning people out. Not to mention, at least MK11 is not scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters.

I know you guys hate guest characters, but god damn do I love Joker in this game. I think he might be my main. I love how obnoxious this character is.

I’d be more indifferent to the guest characters if they weren’t shoved down my throat in MK11, in every motherfuggin’ ToT or Klassic Tower. At least in MKX if you didn’t buy the guest characters they didn’t randomly show up in your game.
In MKX, those who wanted them and bought them had them, and those who didn’t want them never had to see them.
It’s goddamn MK9 Kratos all over again.
Horseshit character shoved in the game, whether you want it there of not.
It’s the lack of an option to not have them in if I didn’t buy it that’s the more annoying part. All of my skip tokens are spent on them.

That said, if that’s the character that you most enjoy then I’m happy for you, and I mean that.

MK11 is the first NRS game to not get a second year at Evo

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1224896898827309056

This is huge and I hope it sends the message to NRS that the community is not happy

I'm not surprised. Most tournament players don't want to play this game anymore. Sadly I doubt NRS will do anything other than pretend nothings wrong. After all they got spawn and season 2 dlc to sell. It's so sad to see NRS slowly regressing back to the dark ages.

MK11 is the first NRS game to not get a second year at Evo

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1224896898827309056

This is huge and I hope it sends the message to NRS that the community is not happy

Oh Bloody Arukrat and all of the Gaming Gods. I am legit roaring with laughter at this.

"Focused on Esports"

Even a freaking Soul Calibur 6 made it (game is fun, just a doesn't have much of the content, compared to other games)

Gods. This is such Karma.

While of course some people will push their narrative with the recent EVO news, there is talk of EVO personnel being dissatisfied with WB and not NRS. WB pushed those music ads heavily in MK11's EVO, many were not happy with the constant momentum mood-kill and probably said that they don't want so many ads. WB refused and now MK is out of EVO.

Of course there are also people who complained about the game itself, but the truth is there is currently no way to know what really happened.

But I think that Saying that MK11 skipped this EVO because NRS doesn't care about the game is more or the less like saying that Sony skips E3s because it doesn't care about PlayStation.

There's no definite reasoning behind it not being at E3, but as far as I can see, most of the lineup is new games and besides Soul Calibur, the other are a lot more hardcore than MK11, especially seeing as (from what I hear) they limit the variation choices. MK11 is the most successful game of them all and thats a 100% fact, but if I'm being honest, its not as interesting to watch as MK9 & MKX were cause they cut back on the create a combo system that was in those games. The other categories (other than SC6 imo) are more interesting and varied.

There's no definite reasoning behind it not being at E3, but as far as I can see, most of the lineup is new games and besides Soul Calibur, the other are a lot more hardcore than MK11, especially seeing as (from what I hear) they limit the variation choices. MK11 is the most successful game of them all and thats a 100% fact, but if I'm being honest, its not as interesting to watch as MK9 & MKX were cause they cut back on the create a combo system that was in those games. The other categories (other than SC6 imo) are more interesting and varied.

Now that I got to laugh like crazy... I am completely not surprised they didn't make it. What made it funny for me, is that I called this happening last year. The moment i saw that leak, about them focusing on "Esports", I knew they won't last long.

I am not sure anyone here followed MK11 Pro scene, but basically it feels like watching the same long tournament, but in a different location. Same people, same characters, same moves/combos. I lost the count of how many people posted Resident Sleeper or Zzzz in chat.

The first signs were in EVO 2019. A lot of people downplayed that, but it was a first sign, that this game wasn't going to do well. It barely attracted any people. It lost to Samurai Shodown (the game barely known outside East, compared to MK11). It even beat my expectations. I was thinking Summer Jam will be the low point, but oh boy. Nope.

This trend continued over the months. Many pro players admitted (in podcasts, their streams or youtube videos) that they got bored of playing MK11 after 2-3 months. A lot of them even added different side fighting games, to keep them occupied. Mostly Tekken. People like Reo_MK or even the golden NRS boy SonicFox.

The next tournaments over the months, were pretty much the copy paste of same shit, different color. WB kept throwing money into it. All of the ads, all the attempts to make it relevant. But they failed. MK community didn't grow. Oh no, even better. It got fractured. Now you have Lore fanatics giving a middle finger, you have people that liked older MK theme giving it a finger and you have tons of casuals that bought the game, but they don't care to invest more than few hours per week. Worst of all, you have a business plan that revolved around Esports and it has failed miserably.

If you dig deep enough, you can find a lot of reasons why MK11 couldn't make it into EVO. Could be the gore, could be controversy, could be WB execs butting their heads with EVO organizers. But one thing is for certain. One of the reasons why MK11 didn't make to EVO is because there isn't enough interest. If MK11 scrapped the bottom of the barrel at EVO 2019, while being FRESH out of the oven, how many people do you think would have showed up for this one? MK11 did absolutely nothing to make it more relevant.

Saying that MK11 is the most successful fighting game out of all of them, is like showing off your Facebook friend list. Ok. You have 3000 friends, but how many of them are actually your friends?

The most successful fighting game is Tekken 7 right now. It didn't sell as many copies as MK11, and surely didn't sell as much as MKX (the most profitable MK), but it has the strongest community, the most active players and their tournaments pay for themselves. Commentators don't have to sweat to make fights seem interesting and people watch those fights in tens of thousands. And these things matter to fighting games. MK11 failed at all of them. EVO2019 was the first and last time MK11 showed up.

I am still confused with MK11 financial status. It all my years (2 decades of gaming), I have never seen a financially successful game have so many sales. Even now. Whooping 60% sale. WTF? It hasn't even been a full year.
Long story short (I am sensing I might even go into a longer rant, so just gonna stop here). MK11 Pro scene is tiny, WB just keeps throwing money, but esports isn't making it for them and the game is relevant only with existing MK community.

I haven't touched the game at all since I did the campaign playthrough sometime over Christmas. I'm sure I will at some point, but it must mean I'm growing tired of it all. I still pop in here from time to time but I've not followed MK11 news/DLC at all and I only have 3-4 hours (whatever my campaign run was) in the game.

Cheezus, reading that gave me a headache. "Numbers weren't bad" The game just come out, you ass kisser. Those numbers are terirble for the game with such hype. Even if Hype was lower than MKX, it still was supposed to be top 3.

It brought 10% to EVO. Gods. That a "lot". Even a barely known Samurai Shodown brought more.

Ah yes. Now the community might have been mistreated.

Cheezus. How hard it is to understand. MK11 is f%^king boring to watch. EVO brings in games, that bring in entertainment. People saw MK11 in EVO 2019. What's the point of seeing the same stuff?

Cheezus, reading that gave me a headache. "Numbers weren't bad" The game just come out, you ass kisser. Those numbers are terirble for the game with such hype. Even if Hype was lower than MKX, it still was supposed to be top 3.

It brought 10% to EVO. Gods. That a "lot". Even a barely known Samurai Shodown brought more.

Ah yes. Now the community might have been mistreated.

Cheezus. How hard it is to understand. MK11 is f%^king boring to watch. EVO brings in games, that bring in entertainment. People saw MK11 in EVO 2019. What's the point of seeing the same stuff?

NRS games def get treated like shit at Evo. That's no conspiracy lol. There's a long list of issues dating back to Injustice 1 that everyone had to deal with. From Pool matches not being played on updated patches, Injustice 2 being completely off stream until top 8 and Grand Finals being at 8am on Saturday lol. There's plenty more

NRS games def get treated like shit at Evo. That's no conspiracy lol. There's a long list of issues dating back to Injustice 1 that everyone had to deal with. From Pool matches not being played on updated patches, Injustice 2 being completely off stream until top 8 and Grand Finals being at 8am on Saturday lol. There's plenty more

Nah. My bad. I didn't explain it properly. I meant as MK players/fans got cold treatment in EVO by other participants. Last year, had some people try to push that bullshit story. If anything I heard more of people claiming that MK community is the most toxic to begin with, but that one is also eeeeh. All communities have toxicity.

That NRS treats their fanbase as third rate people isn't news. That one I heard for many years. Hell they don't even help out their community with Youtube. MK11 isn't the only game with blood/gore in it, but people don't get demonitized, as much as with MK11. People upload DOOM gameplay in full glory and nothing. Monetized and everything. MK11? You have to spend extra hours to cover up everything.

In general. MK11 is a mess. Fractured community, SJW politics, sucks at E-sports, boring to watch and lore is gone.

Let's enjoy the progressive MK11.

Last edited:
The only thing that I hate about MK11 is how they make all the items randomize. I still can't get the klassic gear for Kabal and Jax.