Reptile got the shaft, again.

It wouldn't. But if the real world was a work of fiction, and its author said "the Revolutionary War no longer happened," then the Revolutionary War would no longer happen.
Only a crackhead would write fiction like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

every day that passes i get surprised how anyone in this forum still discusses with tarkatan trash. it's almost hilarious if not tragic seeing people losing their patience with him

every day that passes i get surprised how anyone in this forum still discusses with tarkatan trash. it's almost hilarious if not tragic seeing people losing their patience with him
Those who REALLY lose their patience with me generally end up doing something stupid that results in a ban.

I don't care about anything that happened before MK9, I don't consider it canon anymore.

Yeah I know the whole time travel thing and timelines are happening, but it's just an excuse to overwrite the past games and make something different this time, in logic every game should be canon but in reality it is not.

They used the reboot angle but I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a remake.

TT is making no sense, new timeline events have priority over old timeline events.

Mileena's new origin is the one that matters, the old one was overwritten.

I don't care about anything that happened before MK9, I don't consider it canon anymore.

Yeah I know the whole time travel thing and timelines are happening, but it's just an excuse to overwrite the past games and make something different this time, in logic every game should be canon but in reality it is not.

They used the reboot angle but I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a remake.

TT is making no sense, new timeline events have priority over old timeline events.

Mileena's new origin is the one that matters, the old one was overwritten.
The old timeline fed directly into the new timeline by virtue of Raiden sending visions to his past self right when MK1 started. And because the time travel was only to the start of MK1, everything that happened before it has been retcon-proofed for all eternity. Period, end of discussion.

The old timeline fed directly into the new timeline by virtue of Raiden sending visions to his past self right when MK1 started.

I do know that but it's just an excuse to link the old games to a remake of the original trilogy, nothing else.

They decided to do this instead of just making a remake out of the blue, so they linked them with this time traveling consciousness stuff.

But that's the past now, MK1 - MKA don't matter anymore.

The old timeline fed directly into the new timeline by virtue of Raiden sending visions to his past self right when MK1 started.

It would have fed directly in, but it was obviously not the same past as the original MK1. By virtue of the elimination of 1,000+ years of history between Kitana and Mileena, Kitana's lack of awareness about her Edenian past at the time of MK2, Quan Chi's presence at the first tournament, etc. etc.

One thing is the retcons and inconsistencies that happen on every MK game to implement their new ideas (and every fictional franchise that lasted half as much as this one), the other is what the plot of MK9 was about, and that was clearly a point of divergence time travel story, not a complete reimagining of MK background.
We're not going to ignore the very simple and straightforward plot device of the actual main story of MK9 just to fit the couple retcons.

The old timeline fed directly into the new timeline by virtue of Raiden sending visions to his past self right when MK1 started. And because the time travel was only to the start of MK1, everything that happened before it has been retcon-proofed for all eternity. Period, end of discussion.

I agree with you, Eddie, I also think that everything before MK1 couldn't be reached by Raiden's changes (except things like Onaga's return that can still be avoided).

But about this Sub-Zero nationality...I think that video spoke for itself.

They did a remake, so this timeline feeds itself on the old, IMO, but retconned small things (like Quan Chi resurrecting Sindel, Kamidogus, Mileena a recent clone...) and POSSIBLY Sub-Zero's nationality (making him full chinese) according to that video.

So I watched some Reptile gameplay recently and noticed something...

28rppjq.png

23hsh88.jpg

Yee

Attachments

• 23hsh88.jpg
    23hsh88.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 44